News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will our Europa team change once the season starts?

Started by Whiteroom, August 06, 2011, 10:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

In the early stages our Europa team was very different under Hodgson. We would have just a few first team players and a lot of second string or younger players playing. Will Jol use a less experienced side once the strains of the season starts?

TonyGilroy

Have to but based at least partly on how we're going in the League.

My guess is that Jol will take it match by match. Right now games are good for first team players so I'd expect a first choice team for the next game.

Even with no squad changes though we could play Thursday's seven subs plus Halliche, Frei, Riise and Salcido and still put out a strong team.

Tom

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 06, 2011, 10:44:54 AM

Have to but based at least partly on how we're going in the League.

My guess is that Jol will take it match by match. Right now games are good for first team players so I'd expect a first choice team for the next game.

Even with no squad changes though we could play Thursday's seven subs plus Halliche, Frei, Riise and Salcido and still put out a strong team.
Halliche hasn't even been making the subs bench and will be shipped out shortly and hopefully Salcido will be close behind. I don't think either of these players are in Jol's plans.
Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

Jol has been moaning about the Europa interfering with the preparation for the start of the season, I can't see how playing competitive games hinders? so I would imagine that the like of Frie and Trotta will get a game or two in the Europa

cebu

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 06, 2011, 05:37:46 PM
Jol has been moaning about the Europa interfering with the preparation for the start of the season, I can't see how playing competitive games hinders? so I would imagine that the like of Frie and Trotta will get a game or two in the Europa

Hodgson said the same thing as well. Of course the tune changed when we advanced to the latter stages of the competition.

Matt

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 06, 2011, 05:37:46 PM

Frei and Trotta, yes, but a player like Gecov, which could stuggle to get into the first team in the league judged on our two previous games and the pecking order, could also be a regular starter in EL.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!