more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottagers eye French prospect

Started by WhiteJC, August 06, 2011, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cottagers eye French prospect

Fulham have made a £3m bid for Lens' teenage right back Serge Aurier, according to a report in France.
Le Parisien claims Cottagers officials have made the first move to land the defender, who made 19 appearances in Ligue 1 last season as Lens suffered relegation into the French second division.

Manchester City were briefly linked to Aurier earlier this season while Blackburn and Sunderland have also been credited with an interest in the young Paris-born prospect.

Big spending Spanish club Malaga have also been sniffing around him while Getafe are another club to have been linked to Aurier.

Martin Jol is on the lookout for a new right back to cover for Stephen Kelly after the departure of John Pantsil.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottagers-eye-french-prospect-1253708.html?#.Tj0iXXPHo98

twang

About a month ago it was rumoured that we were scouting him so there might be something in this. Also, the players age, the amount of games he played last season and the reported fee are almost identical to Kasami and his transfer.

Thursby

Do we need more defensive midfielders?

Lighthouse

We need a good right back and another central forward.

What is deeply concerning is our very poor expenditure in fees. Luck of transfer funds could well prove a real problem.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 06, 2011, 12:43:43 PM

What is deeply concerning is our very poor expenditure in fees. Luck of transfer funds could well prove a real problem.

Let's face it, after being reported this year, and last year, that MAF is providing a 20m war chest for transfers, we should know by now that will never be the case. Not sure where we are 'net transfers fees' this window but I doubt we spend more than 8M net. Jol seems to be building for now and the future (assuming all these youngsters are just being bought to 'sell on' once they are good enough to start). Roy built for now.

Agree on the right back and one more central forward. I think we will get both of them though.

epsomraver

How can it be cover for Kelly when Hughes has taken the job?

Maidstone Lee

Long term replacement for Baird or Hughes, whoever playes at rightback. This sort of deal sounds similar to that of Kasami.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Thursby

Burt

I saw the headline of the thread and immediately thought of Steve Marlet  :58:

cebu

Quote from: Burt on August 06, 2011, 03:56:36 PM
I saw the headline of the thread and immediately thought of Steve Marlet  :58:

I hope you had a stiff drink to get over that!   :beer:

MrCheviot

I think this would be a fantastic bit of business, hope it comes off.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

The King

He's a very good prospect and would very much want to join us after Lens' relegation. I'd love this to go through, a brilliant buy for £3m.

bigalffc

defo like the way we are looking for talented youngsters - we have a reasonable first team and having these lads vying for places and available for cover bodes well for the future of ffc 092.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mr Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 06, 2011, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 06, 2011, 12:43:43 PM

Let's face it, after being reported this year, and last year, that MAF is providing a 20m war chest for transfers, we should know by now that will never be the case. Not sure where we are 'net transfers fees' this window but I doubt we spend more than 8M net. Jol seems to be building for now and the future (assuming all these youngsters are just being bought to 'sell on' once they are good enough to start). Roy built for now.

Agree on the right back and one more central forward. I think we will get both of them though.

We have already spent 7m and are still in need for 2-3 players. I think we'll spend about 15-20m.

Lighthouse

We have offered about 3 million each for a forward and a full back. We seem to be only able to spend another 6 million. Say 14 million if true. Hughes wanted to spend that on one player. A top class forward. We will never know who had the right idea. Hughes clearly wanted Prem success. Jol seems to be building a squad to last.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2011, 12:50:25 AM
We have offered about 3 million each for a forward and a full back. We seem to be only able to spend another 6 million. Say 14 million if true. Hughes wanted to spend that on one player. A top class forward. We will never know who had the right idea. Hughes clearly wanted Prem success. Jol seems to be building a squad to last.

i never understand why not spending lots of money means we have none.

the only way forward for fulham is to buy younger players for £1-5m.  this French lad sounds just the ticket.

Buying £15m strikers is all well and good but it is not sustainable in any way.

Lighthouse

Well we tried for Crouch not that long ago. We never spent the money. Hughes tried to spend on a forward but we didn't, which was part of the reason he left. There is no doubt our lack of good central strikers have been a problem for us for years. I agree it is not sustainable, but it wouldn't need to if we bought the right player in the first place. That's the rub.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 07, 2011, 01:15:52 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2011, 12:50:25 AM

i never understand why not spending lots of money means we have none.

the only way forward for fulham is to buy younger players for £1-5m.  this French lad sounds just the ticket.

Buying £15m strikers is all well and good but it is not sustainable in any way.

But we all know we haven't got any money, don't we?

We've just about increased our revenue to the point where we can buy the odd player without increasing our debt too much. Any large fees for players comes straight out of Al Fayed's pocket. So in this sense, yes, we could probably technically afford to splash double figures (in millions) on a player but only if MAF is feeling especially generous (we'll have to pay him back eventually I suppose). Otherwise, as you say, it's bright young things from RC Lens and the like.

Always going to be the way for a club of our size.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2011, 01:25:15 AM
There is no doubt our lack of good central strikers have been a problem for us for years.

Since Saha left  do you think? In 2004-2005 we were fifth in the goals scored table! Fifth! 2005-2006 was the last time we were in the top half of the goals scored table.