watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - RWC 2011 Thread

Started by os5889, August 06, 2011, 08:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

As a welshman was proud of our performance today and impressed with both teams...

Johnny and Flood becoming a selection dilemna I'm glad I dont have to make!

Gutted for Moody and Stoddart picking up injuries, I dont think Morgan is jogging his off....

Did I read right that Mr Eq went to the game? How was the atmosphere? Looked good on the tele box!

os5889

Any english views on your new kit?

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: os5889 on August 06, 2011, 10:26:35 PM

Any english views on your new kit?

Well they've got black shorts  :hook:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

NogoodBoyo

Dere mlaen, Owen bach, what was the score then, mun?
Nogood "scoreless in the battle, isit" Boyo

os5889

23-19 to the England

2 tries from North, 1 from Shane Williams versus 2 for England and a collection of 13 Johnny W points (he looked good to be fair).

Sadly Wales are now without a full back / wing option per the picture...

Playing them in Cardiff next weekend, I can't wait!

Means I'm missing the Villa game though  :dft004:

HatterDon

so, did the guy who should have been jailed for GBH play? A game played by gentleman ... yeah, right.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkedHat

Australia lost to NZ. The NZ Islanders were better than the Australian Islanders. I see that England have now recruited an Islander - maybe that's why they played in All Black - try to recruit a few more under the misapprehension that England is really New Zealand   :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Quills

I was there (in the very back row of the stadium!) and it was a pretty good game.  Although the kit really confused me and I kept thinking I was watching All Blacks v Lions and cheering on the Welsh.  Every so often I would think, that's unlike New Zealand... and realise why. 

Re the kit itself, I had a look at it on some of the supporters in the crowd and it's got weird rubber and shiny bits all over it!  As someone said, it looks like Batman's hand-me-downs.  Makes our Kappa underwiring effort look quite respectable actually.

Both sides seemed to lack that cutting edge however - they showed they can take points off teams who make silly mistakes but it's going to have to step up a gear I think.  Going to be a good tournament though.  My other half is a Kiwi but we will at least be able to keep Fulham as a common ground!

Quills

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 07, 2011, 09:01:25 AM
Australia lost to NZ. The NZ Islanders were better than the Australian Islanders. I see that England have now recruited an Islander - maybe that's why they played in All Black - try to recruit a few more under the misapprehension that England is really New Zealand   :down_under:

We were totting it up at the game actually and off the top of my head the current England squad includes
- 3 New Zealanders
- 1 Samoan
- 1 American
- 1 South African
- 1 French Trinidadian
- 1 big guy from Jersey

No wonder we're going through so many silly change kits - may as well stick a rainbow jersey on or similar and have done with it!

MJG

Love the new black england kit even if its onlys to upset my new zealand born partner.

grimmynz

Just as long as they don't expect the ABs to change their strip if they meet in the RWC !
What do you reckon to Fulham having an all black strip next season. maybe with white trim - you know, our traditional colours! :wum:

CorkedHat

Quote from: grimmynz on August 07, 2011, 08:38:01 PM
Just as long as they don't expect the ABs to change their strip if they meet in the RWC !
What do you reckon to Fulham having an all black strip next season. maybe with white trim - you know, our traditional colours! :wum:

There's no worries about NZ having to change their strip Mr Grimmy. The World Cup is on your turf - you have been in All Black since Adam wore three quarter trousers - and there'd be riots from the Bay of Plenty down to the Southern tip if you blokes had to change. It simply won't happen - either in the WC or any other match between NZ and England. It is interesting though that I'm not the only one who doesn't like players in all white!  075.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

Owen, I was indeed at Twickers on saturday, and what an occasion it was.

The crowd were on fine form, and I had a tear in my eye when everyone sang the National Anthem. Although, I believe that both Jerusalem and Land of Hope And Glory went down better with the crowds.

The game was a corker too, well at least in the first half. The second half I believe England were outplayed by Wales, but that was because of the 12 substitutions in the first 5 minutes. Some of the new players looked superb, particularly Tiulagi who I thought had a fantastic game for his debut. Although seeing a massive Samoan running in an all-black shirt did make me wonder if I watching New Zealand....

Great day out had by all. I was absolutely leathered afterwards.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 08, 2011, 09:40:56 AM
Owen, I was indeed at Twickers on saturday, and what an occasion it was.

The crowd were on fine form, and I had a tear in my eye when everyone sang the National Anthem. Although, I believe that both Jerusalem and Land of Hope And Glory went down better with the crowds.

The game was a corker too, well at least in the first half. The second half I believe England were outplayed by Wales, but that was because of the 12 substitutions in the first 5 minutes. Some of the new players looked superb, particularly Tiulagi who I thought had a fantastic game for his debut. Although seeing a massive Samoan running in an all-black shirt did make me wonder if I watching New Zealand....

Great day out had by all. I was absolutely leathered afterwards.

To be fair it looked a top drawer occasion, and I even would go as far as saying I thought I could smell a sniff of an atmosphere at the old cabbage patch.

It was a great game, Tu'ilangi looked far more creative and threatening than Tindall even at his peak!

Johnny was on fine form (unfortunately) and the game was far better than the 6 nationf offering in February!!

I'll be at the return leg in Cardiff this Saturday, hoping for more of the same form both teams. I fear Wales will be in All black this weekend too.....

os5889

First of the reasonably timed games for the UK based today, England V Argentina live on ITV 9.30 KO

This should give us an idea of the strength of you all white (or will you be all blacks today)??

:wine:

os5889

Argentina 6-3 England after 20 minutes

Argentina have missed 3 kicks, it should be 15-3..

On the upside Johnny looks good!

finnster01

Just can't get into rugby. Never did. I watch American Football though. 075.gif

Maybe it is because I didn't attend Eton and I have no Welsh relatives?  :49:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on September 10, 2011, 10:15:33 AM
Just can't get into rugby. Never did. I watch American Football though. 075.gif

Maybe it is because I didn't attend Eton and I have no Welsh relatives?  :49:

You'll still be irked to know the Argies are beating England at half time 6-3, should be 18-6 if people had made their kicks...

I agree on the public school thing in England and indeed Ireland!

Fernhurst

10 minutes to go and England at last in the lead 10-9