watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - RWC 2011 Thread

Started by os5889, August 06, 2011, 08:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Wilko has missed 5 out of 6 penalties ??

Luke

Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

Luke

Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

LBNo11

...Finn, born Hampton, lived in Twickenham, rugby is open to all, it is not all toffs, believe me. This is an England team who play with passion and pride (shaky game today mind) and have been consistent ambassadors of English sporting pride.

PS: We just beat Argentina and Jonny Wilkinson missed about 6 pens  :58: we have been in a game today and know it, but we won and will grow in stature as our ENGLISH coach Martin Johnson will make sure of it...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamben

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 10, 2011, 11:23:10 AM
...Finn, born Hampton, lived in Twickenham, rugby is open to all, it is not all toffs, believe me. This is an England team who play with passion and pride (shaky game today mind) and have been consistent ambassadors of English sporting pride.

PS: We just beat Argentina and Jonny Wilkinson missed about 6 pens  :58: we have been in a game today and know it, but we won and will grow in stature as our ENGLISH coach Martin Johnson will make sure of it...
would much rather tests like this than the stroll the kiwis had. plus its was also good to see we have something else if johnny is off his game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulham pete

Bad language?  Thought that was quite restrained, given the circs!

os5889

Not sure the backs got to play today though! The one time the ball got above a number 8 it went over the try line...

Youngs is the key for this team, not a Wigglesworth fan!

Fernhurst

Squeezed through that one...England almost lost it to a team using the our 2003 tactics.
Last 10 minutes we were more impressive but don't think we should invest in any cup polishing equipment.  

LBNo11

Quote from: os5889 on September 10, 2011, 11:30:44 AM

Not sure the backs got to play today though! The one time the ball got above a number 8 it went over the try line...

Youngs is the key for this team, not a Wigglesworth fan!

...Ben's try was well taken, and such a relief.  As they say, forwards win games - the girls decide by how many points..!

epsomraver

Totally agree Ed , it would do a lot of footballers good to play rugby for a season, then see who rolls around on the floor after bending an eyelash, sorry Finn it is not the elitist game you make out. however Argies beaten once again!

Burt

I completely forgot that England were playing today.

Looks like I didn't miss too much.

os5889

Ooh er missus...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/5600836/Nude-Blacks-take-on-Spains-finest

Nude Blacks take on Spain's finest
Not afraid to make the hairy tackles

There was almost no stopping the Nude Blacks in today's International Nude rugby game against the all-girls Spanish team, Los Conquistadors.

A team of female Spanish rugby players weren't afraid to make some hairy tackles during a game against the Nude Blacks today.

Hundreds of people crammed the sideline to watch the Barcelona-based rugby team, Los Conquistadors, take on the Nude Blacks at Kettle Park in Dunedin ahead of the Rugby World Cup England vs Argentina pool B match that will be played at Otago Stadium tonight.

The Spanish girls won, but not surprisingly no-one remembers the score.

The  Barcelona-based rugby players won a competition to play in the International Nude rugby game.

MOR :

England conceded 11 penalties in all, which means they will have to work hard to improve their discipline in the forth coming games, as you can be sure the referees will be watching for it.
Although I thought a few were a bit harsh...

Strange how easy it was for the Argies to dominate the first half...in the 2nd half England finally started to run with the ball...but at least it's a win.
Phewwwwwww

Also not sure about the black shirt...what's that got to do with "England"?

LBNo11

...I think the black shirt was part of the problem, the England girls passing to a player looking like an All Black must be quite disconcerting - and why did we have to change our all white kit in the first place..?

Burt

Not sure...

I quite like the all white kit.

The lack of Kappa all over it is particularly appealing.

NogoodBoyo

Living in the US means you can never see a rugby game.  The game just doesn't exist.  So, I'm looking for live internet feeds for the Wales v S. Africaans game.  I found this strange website called Expat Shield (watch bbc i-player and UK tv for free overseas, it says).  Anybody ever seen this?  Is it kosher?  Is it going to kill my puter?
Nogood "terrrrified of picking up another virus, isit" Boyo

os5889

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 10, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
Living in the US means you can never see a rugby game.  The game just doesn't exist.  So, I'm looking for live internet feeds for the Wales v S. Africaans game.  I found this strange website called Expat Shield (watch bbc i-player and UK tv for free overseas, it says).  Anybody ever seen this?  Is it kosher?  Is it going to kill my puter?

Games on ITV player if you can get access to it, might be able to get it through this...

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/rugby.html

NogoodBoyo

Ddiolch yn fawr, Os.
Nogood "late night or wearly morning, that is the question" boyo

michaelread

gotta say, and it WILL upset people..... but England play the most boring, negative, uninspiring rugby you can imagine.

My tip for top 4 is Australia, NZ, Wales and Fiji

CincyFulham1

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 10, 2011, 07:31:00 PM

Fox Soccer Plus has rugby on all the time, unfortunatly they aren't showing the WC.  If you like Premiership Rugby you cans usually see 3-4 games a week.