more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USA v Mexico tonight, any thoughts?

Started by clintclintdeuce, August 10, 2011, 10:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

??

I reckon itl be a good match, 2-0 to the States.
The Dude abides.

LordNelson

Cautiously optimistic.  Haven't seen the lineup for the Mezcins yet.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

USA 1 El Tri 3

KLINSMANN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  098.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SCFulhmFan

Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2011, 11:56:03 PM
USA 1 El Tri 3

KLINSMANN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  098.gif

Ha!  We can only hope. 

Tom

No comment, I don't want to get banned again.  094.gif
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

This has to be the stupidest international break on the calendar. And why Mexico right after the Gold Cup final?

Having said that, I will be DVRing and watching. I'm very interested in seeing how Klinsmann is going to make our strikers suddenly world class.

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

There was one Euro qualifier today... technically an international day, and hence the friendlies.

We need to grow the game here, the US should take every chance they get to play a match on ESPN, no less when schools out in the summer and US Soccer has been constantly in the news over the last 3 months. Lincoln Financial will have a minimum of half full, and USSF will make a few dollars which you could argue will go partially toward development.

And why not play Mexico? Because we got turned over 2 months ago? Best available as far as the US was concerned when the friendly was announced, which was late in the game.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

Starting Lineup for USA

Howard
Cherundolo, Orozco Fiscal, Bocanegra, Castillo
Jones, Beckerman
Donovan, Bradley, Torres
Buddle
The Dude abides.

Tom

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2011, 01:08:50 AM
Starting Lineup for USA

Howard
Jones, Beckerman
Donovan, Bradley, Torres
Buddle

Awful lineup! We will lose. I don't see anyway possible to win with that starting 11.
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2011, 01:10:59 AM
Starting Lineup for USA

Howard
Jones, Beckerman
Donovan, Bradley, Torres
Buddle

Awful lineup! We will lose. I don't see anyway possible to win with that starting 11.

Thats something coming from you Tom. I dont necessarily think we will lose with that lineup to be honest.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

USA bench: Hamid, Loyd, Pearce, Clark, Rogers, Shea, Agudelo. Not on bench: Adu, Ream, Beasley.

Come on Ricardo Clark!
The Dude abides.

Tom

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2011, 01:12:36 AM
Starting Lineup for USA

Howard
Jones, Beckerman
Donovan, Bradley, Torres
Buddle

Thats something coming from you Tom. I dont necessarily think we will lose with that lineup to be honest.
It is for me to say that. To me that lineup is almost embarrassing! I hope they prove me wrong. But looking at that lineup, how in the world can you tell me that you think we will win? 5 good players in that lineup.
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Tom

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2011, 01:19:15 AM
Dont see that the other 6 are bad.
The other 6 should not be starting on the national team.
Fulham for life!

mccscratch

Beckerman has not business being a USMNT player... Adu should be playing behind Buddle... I am no Adu fan but we have cohesion circa 1992 USA right now.... This is so disjointed right now.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2011, 01:16:05 AM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 11, 2011, 01:12:36 AM
Starting Lineup for USA

Howard
Jones, Beckerman
Donovan, Bradley, Torres
Buddle

It is for me to say that. To me that lineup is almost embarrassing! I hope they prove me wrong. But looking at that lineup, how in the world can you tell me that you think we will win? 5 good players in that lineup.

Tom, from the squad that Klinsmann named and that remained with the group, which XI would you have picked that's better. I'm really looking for your opinion here; I'm not starting an argument.

Logicalman

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2011, 12:45:20 AM
No comment, I don't want to get banned again.  094.gif

Don't worry Tom, I'll edit out the bad stuff ... as long as it's not about me  :dft001:

clintclintdeuce

1-1 final.. fluke/brilliant goal from Mexico in the first, nice bit of business for the US in the second.

From what we didnt have compared to what they didnt have Id say its a positive result.

Beckerman made a case for himself.

I dont think we will see too much of M Bradley. Not a very good performance.

Donovan was class when he had somone to work with.

BREK SHEA IS THE FUTURE. THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT.

Churondolo is world class, hands down. Shame he wants to live in Hanover the rest of his life. Dont think bob would have been fired if he didnt get hurt in the GC finals.

Agudelo is going to be something else, and we better get used to Torres in the side.

Tim Howard didnt have anything to do the entire match. Maybe US should have got a win.
The Dude abides.

mccscratch

I was harsh on Beckerman because he was not bad but he still has no place on this team when Jones, Edu, Bradley, Holden etc are in the team...

Also...I have been pimping Brek Shea on this site for some time... He has a load of talent both physically and technically... I wish we would sell Briggs for a big pumped up English youngster type fee and then sign Shea for half of that and it will be a wash IMHO...

The final 30 mins gave me hope but we still looked disjointed in the first half.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise