watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Healy/Paddy McCourt

Started by ffcwickford, August 11, 2011, 07:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

:yay: Think that Martin Jol should visit Glasgow and get both of these two - I know that people on here will say we had Healy on our books before, but he was sadly misused and I still think that the goal against Sunderland was pure genius and worth the transfer fee alone -I know that people will say that they were only playing the Faroese but Healy ran everywhere yesterday! He can't buy a goal at the moment, hit the post with a thunderbolt, keeper tipped another onto the post! He never hid, he tracked back and was generally a pain in the arse to their defenders all night long!

Paddy McCourt back to his sublime best - always liked watching his all too infrequent cameos for Celtic his close control is fantastic and as for Northern Ireland's fourth goal, if a certain little Argentinian who plays for Barcelona had scored that the media would be wetting their pants for months!

No, I am not of Northern Irish extraction, just know good honest professional footballers when I see them!

LBNo11

...certainly would take Paddy McCourt, but he will be on everybodys 'radar' and I doubt we would have the available resources to tempt him away.

David Healy though must be 32 by now and as much as we have been blessed with other players from that Province, David tried hard but couldn't quite cut it at the premiership level before, and he will be even slower now...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tomo

080.gif This surely must be david healy's agent.. AJ is better than him.  087.gif
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Lighthouse

Had Swart not cheated while playing for Middlesbrough against us and the ball that crossed the line had been allowed. How different Healy and his time with us may have panned out. Fate is a cruel mistress.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2011, 10:36:46 AM
Had Swart not cheated while playing for Middlesbrough against us and the ball that crossed the line had been allowed. How different Healy and his time with us may have panned out. Fate is a cruel mistress.

Not disagreeing with your point but how on earth can you claim that Schwartzer cheated? His job is and was to make saves, not to decide if the ball has crossed the line or not.

ffcwickford

I am not Healy's agent just stating how it is!

Hughes as captain knows more about how Healy is at training etc and would be able to tell Jol on a personal basis and Paddy McCourt was just mesmerising with the ball at his feet last night!

As for not as good as AJ - Healy cost Fulham less than £1m when Sanchez was Manager and I think you will find AJ cost us £10m and whatever he does will never be ten times the player!

As for slow - you don't need to be quick, even in the Premier League - you just need to be in the right place at the right time and Healy can do that to a tee!

jarv

Healy is a goal poacher ( a slow one too) but didn't Sanchez stick him out on the wing and hope he would create something 079.gif

leonffc

Quote from: jarv on August 11, 2011, 12:58:22 PM
Healy is a goal poacher ( a slow one too) but didn't Sanchez stick him out on the wing and hope he would create something 079.gif

No. Healy just wandered out to the wing to get away from big centre halves. Not good enough then, and certainly not now!!
Steve davis on the other hand. He was useful but was definately misused bu Sanchez. Playing him and murph in the centre of midfield and expecting them to cope with the long ball game was terrible management. The fans got on his back and his confidence went. Shame as he looked a tidy player (not that I want him back).

JBH

Sign David Healy we'd be better off signing Dennis Healy  fp.gif