News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa game on TV in USA. possible change...?

Started by jarv, August 11, 2011, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on August 13, 2011, 01:06:41 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 12:56:35 AM
I'm going to type this slow, Mr. oyo.

ESPN3.com is a web site where you can occasionally find matches. If you subscribe to FSC via your cable provider, you are eligible to get this capability free.

The match has been moved to ESPN2. Kickoff is 1000 eastern, but Ian Darke is going to run his mouth for a half-hour previous.

Here is the TV listing:

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=8-13-11-6:51-AM

It looks like it may be on the web on ESPN3.com as well.
HD I like Ian. He is not condescending and he really loves the game and he generally very very fair and will call it like it is if there is dreadful play. I love to hear he and Efan Ekoku. They make a great team.
And I will have to dvr the damn match!!!

I like Ekoku a lot, Jim. He was the best announcer we had for the last World Cup. I liked Darke during the World Cup as well, but he's caught American Announcer Disease. He has completely lost the ability to STFU for more than 5 seconds. I wouldn't mind if all his talking was about the match. But at a throw in or a goal kick, he'll go on about something that happened last season, or in training, or is being talked about in the press.

Of course, for those of us who like to watch 5-7 matches over the course of a weekend, the REAL crap thing about ESPN is that they not only list the scores of ongoing matches on the screen, but Darke has to announce them and who has scored. That's why I only like ESPN when they have the 1 o'clock kickoffs.

Thats my pet hate about ESPN as well, having goal flashes on the screen - not bad for when it's Fulham showing live, but a pain when our match is delayed broadcast. I just fins myself DVR ESPN if that clash happens.

luckylindy

Just had to reprogram my COX Cable DVR - both FSCHD FFC game and ESPN2HD Spurs disappeared - now selected ESPN2HD "To Be Announced" at 630 PDT hoping it's FFC/Villa.

Also agree that ESPN needs to get rid of:
a - Saying and showing other game scores.
b- Harkes

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on August 13, 2011, 01:06:41 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 12:56:35 AM
I'm going to type this slow, Mr. oyo.

ESPN3.com is a web site where you can occasionally find matches. If you subscribe to FSC via your cable provider, you are eligible to get this capability free.

The match has been moved to ESPN2. Kickoff is 1000 eastern, but Ian Darke is going to run his mouth for a half-hour previous.

Here is the TV listing:

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=8-13-11-6:51-AM

It looks like it may be on the web on ESPN3.com as well.
HD I like Ian. He is not condescending and he really loves the game and he generally very very fair and will call it like it is if there is dreadful play. I love to hear he and Efan Ekoku. They make a great team.
And I will have to dvr the damn match!!!

I like Ekoku a lot, Jim. He was the best announcer we had for the last World Cup. I liked Darke during the World Cup as well, but he's caught American Announcer Disease. He has completely lost the ability to STFU for more than 5 seconds. I wouldn't mind if all his talking was about the match. But at a throw in or a goal kick, he'll go on about something that happened last season, or in training, or is being talked about in the press.

Of course, for those of us who like to watch 5-7 matches over the course of a weekend, the REAL crap thing about ESPN is that they not only list the scores of ongoing matches on the screen, but Darke has to announce them and who has scored. That's why I only like ESPN when they have the 1 o'clock kickoffs.

Yes HD you are correct sir. I have never understood and will never understand why they just cannot accept that less is more. He does not have to talk all the time but I guarantee a producer is yelling in his ear to "keep" talking. I agree but for some reason the American television powers that be think we like all the talk and I can't think of anyone that does. Now the score updates will never go away I am afraid. Mainly because again these TV idiots think if they are not talking about scoring then the game is dull. One reason of many I like Ekoku so much is his excellent description of what is actually happening in the match rather than the utter obtuse nonsense that Harkes goes on and on about.
Well give them some credit for throwing us a match!!!
COYW
:yay: :yay: :yay: 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

aconnecticutyankee

thankyou thankyou, this is a beautiful start to the day