watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Higher Petrol prices still with the drop of crude oil cost. NFR

Started by epsomraver, August 13, 2011, 09:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Slightest rise  in crude oil prices, up goes the pump price, slightest change in exchange rate, up they go. crude is now cheaper than a year ago yet even allowing for VAT rise it is still higher than it should be, we are being ripped off !

Oil v petrol prices
Date and percentage change    Brent crude per barrel    Unleaded petrol per litre

8 April, 2011
                                                    $126.6                     134.17p
                                                             8 August, 2011
                                                    $103.74                    136.58

Percentage change
18% fall
1.8% rise                   SOURCE: BLOOMBERG/EXPERIAN CATALYST

Blingo

Tinkataylor

I'm working in Dubai, and to fill my car up it cost eleven pounds. Just goes to show you how much we are getting riped of inthe UK. :012:

epsomraver

Diesel so much higher than petrol yet costs so much less to produce and all our goods are delivered by diesel lorries.

Blingo

Yet all over Europe, Diesel is cheaper than petrol. It really shows how much you get ripped off over in UK.

epsomraver

I think that in France the government subsidise diesel prices because they know it affects haulage  deliveries

Blingo

Diesel in Gib is 99.9p ltr, and that includes government tax PLUS an extra 4p per litre so that we do not pay any road tax (greatly subsidised by the Spanish who come over to fill up as they pay the same price lol).

epsomraver

France has no road tax, we have 141 a litre and £260 a year road tax on a 2 litre car!

Blingo

epsomraver

Quote from: Blingo on August 13, 2011, 11:07:02 AM
I know ER, it is a complete bloody rip off.

Take to the streets!! opps already been done, how did they pay for all that petrol! :005: