watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sign Here: Petition to reduce the programme price to £3

Started by zzamora, August 13, 2011, 12:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

At the moment we are paying £3.50 for our programmes.

The vast majority of teams are paying just £3. Why cant we be like them?

1) Saves on change- dont have to get that 50p out, but can simply pay with 3 £1 pound coins.

2) Would probably increase the amount of programmes brought.

3) Would stop ripping off our fans.

All who agree sign here:

1) Zamora.

maksimir

If most prem teams are 3 quid then it should be the same unless it's a lot bigger/better.

Protest by giving your 3 quid coins and fifty pennies - that should get the message accross.

epsomraver

Do what a lot do nowdays, walk past, it is the same old stuff bolstered out by adverts, you can read most of it on the Offal

fulhamguy

For the sake of 50p I'm not really that bothered, helps bring extra revenue into the club.
COYW!

jarv

I will buy one when it goes back to 50p. (Or, how about 2 bob?)

ImperialWhite

Signing, for what it's worth (it's my resolution to not buy a programme this season - 1/1 so far!).

But really -what are they for though? Takes 5 minutes to scribble down the opposition shirt numbers, and that's all I tend to use programmes for.

Jack Fulham

Haven't bought a program for years but apparently ours are the most expensive in the premier league.

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on August 13, 2011, 01:18:44 PM
Do what a lot do nowdays, walk past, it is the same old stuff bolstered out by adverts, you can read most of it on the Offal
Spot on - I stopped buying last season having bought one every game for many many seasons. Dont miss them as they are the same thing week in week out.

The Equalizer

I stopped buying programmes when the price went up 2 years ago.

It's a shame really because yesterday's edition is easily worth a fiver - there's a picture of me chowing down on a burger at Seaview just in front of Cliffy Dean!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...zzamora, although I agree with your stance, believe me a petition will achieve bugger all.

1) Fans will say all sorts of things in support of proposals such as this, but inevitably they talk the talk but rarely walk the walk.

2) The club will not bow down to a petition, they may pay lip service but they will ultimately ignore it /shred it.

3) This club will only take notice when the sales go further down. Their pricing is crackers, what would you prefer for £3.50 Fultime or a programme? But they will not back down from their stance, they will just wait until the other premiership teams follow suit (spuds next).

If you feel stronly about it - just stop buying it, save your £70 a year and if you are so loyal as to want to spend it on Fulham, buy 2 of the 10 years reviews, which is probably just 10 years of programme material in any case.

Get a TOOFIF mate...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MOR :

Don't bother with them anymore...and since I've stopped buying them...I don't miss them...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 14, 2011, 03:44:16 PM
...zzamora, although I agree with your stance, believe me a petition will achieve bugger all.

1) Fans will say all sorts of things in support of proposals such as this, but inevitably they talk the talk but rarely walk the walk.

2) The club will not bow down to a petition, they may pay lip service but they will ultimately ignore it /shred it.

3) This club will only take notice when the sales go further down. Their pricing is crackers, what would you prefer for £3.50 Fultime or a programme? But they will not back down from their stance, they will just wait until the other premiership teams follow suit (spuds next).

If you feel stronly about it - just stop buying it, save your £70 a year and if you are so loyal as to want to spend it on Fulham, buy 2 of the 10 years reviews, which is probably just 10 years of programme material in any case.

Get a TOOFIF mate...
Sorry Ed i have to pull you up on this, the price of the programme is a mere 50p dearer (no one has to buy it, i dont when i go), but you compare our season ticket prices with most and we're very cheap, perhaps the measly 50p every other week some how compensates for that?

LBNo11

...Spence, if you can afford a minimum £70 a season on programmes then lucky you - I can't justify that or the extra to buy yesterdays news and adverts - my choice, nothing to pull me up on...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr_Moon

Or

1) Spend that £3.50 in the pub.

2) Save up for 2 home games and buy the Fulham review

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Tktd

They used to be part and parcel of my matchday experience, now I hardly bother.

I have bought the Europa League one's as they've got relatively interesting/new/different content in them and they're a collectors item in many respects - still have most of the one's leading upto the final a couple of years ago.

But yeah, now they've started showing all the articles on the main site before or after the match there's not a whole lot of point in buying them. That said, £3.50 isn't exactly extortionate and it is one of the better programmes in the league and has been deemed in polls to be the most interesting and also is well noted to have a very good suppliment on the away teams that visit.