watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol - It's good to be back

Started by Lighthouse, August 13, 2011, 06:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Martin Jol says he is delighted to be back managing Premier League football after overseeing his first league game as Fulham boss against Aston Villa.

The Craven Cottage encounter ended in a goalless draw on Saturday, with Fulham unable to break the deadlock despite looking the better side in the second half.

Jol, who managed Tottenham between 2004-07, was disappointed not to get a goal but enjoyed being back in the English top-flight.

"It's always a great feeling to be back and be in the Premiership and play these sort of games for sell-out crowds," Jol told Sky Sports News.

He added: "You never know the result before the game, you have to wait and see the second half. I felt we should have scored a goal.

"But after seeing the first half they probably had more initiative and kept the ball better than us."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCcravencottage

:drums:
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2011, 06:50:29 PM
Martin Jol says he is delighted to be back managing Premier League football after overseeing his first league game as Fulham boss against Aston Villa.

The Craven Cottage encounter ended in a goalless draw on Saturday, with Fulham unable to break the deadlock despite looking the better side in the second half.

Jol, who managed Tottenham between 2004-07, was disappointed not to get a goal but enjoyed being back in the English top-flight.

"It's always a great feeling to be back and be in the Premiership and play these sort of games for sell-out crowds," Jol told Sky Sports News.

He added: "You never know the result before the game, you have to wait and see the second half. I felt we should have scored a goal.

"But after seeing the first half they probably had more initiative and kept the ball better than us."

Well at least he seems to have seen the game the same as the majority of supporters on here, the only part I slightly disagree with is (the second half I felt we should have scored a goal) In my opinion that was only the first 20 minutes of the second half that we did look good and capable of scoring, after that it was exactly the same as the first half.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2011, 06:50:29 PM

Thanks for this. For many reasons I will not go into this was a very very very disappointing result for me being an american and having us featured on ESPN etc etc etc and other personal stuff so I am very low right now..
However; after seeing Jol's interview on the BBC web site I think he was incredibly disappointed and mentioned many times that the club has to get some additional parts and soon. He did not look happy at all to me and was frank I thought about the teams poor performance. I am still amazed with this line up we did not perform better and attack more and control the ball and on and on - just not good.

A whole nutha' thing...some street lingo...is the the kit. 100% hideous and MUST be changed ASAP.
An abomination to all Fulham nation...just the worst thing I have ever seen and on my team - just heartbreakingly bad  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?