watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timophys Spalls barge trip programme

Started by FatFreddysCat, August 14, 2011, 10:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Just started watching it, missed the first series and apparantly the Queen is a great fan. Superb stuff, just pulled up in Wales 075.gif and a place he must have spelt wrong because i've googled it and cant find it (perhaps Nogood or Owen may help) but his spelling is porthdincline, absolutely beautiful, and it wasn't raining  :032:  . Anyone been watching this from the first series? have i missed much? Well worth a look if you get the chance.

cutbushcitylimits

Not seen it Fred but i do love those kind of programmes ...my current is monty halls great ireland escape,,,,,also anything with bruce perry in it.

Three men and a boat series was good as well.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on August 14, 2011, 10:11:30 PM
Not seen it Fred but i do love those kind of programmes ...my current is monty halls great ireland escape,,,,,also anything with bruce perry in it.

Three men and a boat series was good as well.
Yeah i cant believe i didn't record the three men in a  boat thing, right up my street  :doh: Anouther good one was the Rick Stein in Spain prog, very good, but his (getting back to barges) berge trip through France was great stuff, loves a drink as well  :54:

leonffc

I caught something last year when he was trying to go from Helston in Cornwall to (I forget where but somewhere near) St Ives or Penzance way by sea on a narrow boat. Looked really good but forgot to watch the rest

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He probably was in Porthdinllaen (near Morfa Nefyn) Gwynedd

My favourite prog like that is Portello's ..Great British Railways

on utube : Michael Portillos Great British Railway Journeys on BBC 2 on 12/1/10.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on August 14, 2011, 10:17:42 PM
I caught something last year when he was trying to go from Helston in Cornwall to (I forget where but somewhere near) St Ives or Penzance way by sea on a narrow boat. Looked really good but forgot to watch the rest
Yeah that would be the first series, or have i missed more than one, hold on i'll check what channel it's on.... BBC 4 wed 11.30pm, what a strange time for such a great show, and only four of them, this was the first of four, and only half an hour, easily worth an hour.set your sky plusses, it's well worth watching.

cutbushcitylimits

on the barge theme "the boat that guy biult" (i think thats the title) was a vey good watch as well

cutbushcitylimits

On the railways theme there was a great series about tyhe steam railways in india not so long ago.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: KCat on August 14, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
He probably was in Porthdinllaen (near Morfa Nefyn) Gwynedd

My favourite prog like that is Portello's ..Great British Railways

on utube : Michael Portillos Great British Railway Journeys on BBC 2 on 12/1/10.

I'll google that place now K Cat, it seriosly is a stunning place, pity it's in Wales  :hook: