more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (16/08/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 16, 2011, 07:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

The Beautiful Game: Luke Barham, Stagecoach - Fulham FC
Will they be installing a statue for Martin Jol next to that inspired Jacko effort by late May?

Stagecoach

If you're anything like DIY, you'll have spent last week finely tuning your Fantasy Football team ready for the new season. Now, with all the major English and Scottish leagues underway, it's time to take a balanced look at just what's in store. We've asked a bunch of bands, artists and music industry types to let us know exactly what they expect from their team in 2011/2012. Anyone for a Bovril?

Stagecoach's Luke Barham is an authority on all things Fulham, but will they be installing a statue for Martin Jol next to that inspired Jacko effort by late May?

As with any season at The Cottage the primary aim is to stay in the Premier League. Once the magical 40 point mark has been reached we can start to look up the table rather than over our shoulders. I still have to pinch myself that we've managed to stay in this division for 10 years! Martin Jol was a great appointment as manager and one that certainly pleased the fan's. Bar the huge error that was Lawrie Sanchez I think Al Fayed has always made wise managerial appointments and backed his man well. I'd expect more of the same attacking football Mark Hughes had us playing so well in the second half of last season again this term.

The backbone of the team is that which Roy Hodgson built and includes one of the best centre back pairings in the league in Hughes and Hangeland. Quite how we've managed to hang on to big Brede for this long is beyond me as he is surely quality enough to be playing Champions League football elsewhere. In the midfield Jol has bought some youth in Marcel Gecov and Pajtim Kasami who both play in the under 21's for their respective countries (Czech and Switzerland) They won't be starters but it's nice to see us finally sign some youngsters after years of buying experienced but aging players. At left back John Arne Riise has been signed from Roma for a small fee and could turn out to be a bit of a steal. That left foot shot will always be lethal even if he is over 30 now. Up front we can only hope that Zamora can stay fit for a whole season as on his day he is unplayable. The same could be said of Andy Johnson. For the hefty fee we paid I think Fulham fans would really like to see some goals. As with last year the player to watch must be Moussa Dembele. He's technically gifted and damn quick too, if he could just add some more goals he will be a hell of a player for Fulham.

Home form as always will be key in ensuring a good season. If we can improve on our away form which has recently taken a turn for the better who know's how high we could finish?! Another top 10 spot and nice run in Europe would certainly make for an excellent first Season in charge for Jol (not an unrealistic target) Oh and a win against Chelsea is always high on any Fulham fans wish list for the season. I had my picture taken with THAT statue at a Europa qualifier the other week. It is truly grotesque but I'd never tell Al Fayed that as after all, we wouldn't exist without the man.

Read more: http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/blogs/the-beautiful-game-luke-barham-stagecoach-fulham-fc#ixzz1VCVvFIEg

WhiteJC

One To Watch

With the Barclays Premier Reserve League getting under way, Fulham supporters will be seeing a lot more of the likes of Dan Burn, Lauri Dalla Valle, Alex Kacaniklic and, our summer signing from Everton, Tom Donegan in the future.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Academy Director Huw Jennings explained the sequence of events that saw the midfielder make the switch to Craven Cottage.

"We were opportunistic," Jennings explained. "We saw Tom play for Everton – they were due to be our opponents in the Premier Academy League Final last season. Tom did very well in the semi-final and did extremely well in the final against us, which unfortunately we lost.

"We noticed that he was not yet signed at Everton and we nipped in.

"He's a technically very able centre midfield player, he's a very good passer with great touch and control. He links play very well and has a good understanding and appreciation of the game – which are all things you're looking for in quality midfielder."

Donegan joins a development squad that has been enjoying the benefits of a number of new additions. And, as Jennings explained, Billy McKinlay's squad is looking stronger.

"We've been building as strongly as possible with our 16 to 18 programme and we're starting to see the fruits of our labour a little bit with the likes of Kerim coming through," said Jennings.

"We've got a gap between the ages of 19 and 21. Therefore what we've been looking to do is try and supplement that with the best players we can – with Alex Kacaniklic, Lauri Dalla Valle, Dan Burn and now Tom Donegan. We're trying to build up that group so that we've got strong group of development squad players."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/August/JenningsonDonegan.aspx?#ixzz1VCWOHEW5