watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos To Roma

Started by White Noise, August 16, 2011, 08:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Northen White has picked up a story that links Senderos with a move to Roma.
How likely is a move like that?

Motspur

Not a bad thing for us. I saw no point whatsoever breaking up the Hughes Hangerland partnership although I certainly think Senderos is ok. But it will not be possible to keep him happy playing a bit part role for us and we have Briggs and Baird who can come in and do a stint in central defense if required.

If Senderos were to go it would free up funds for a decent right back and allow us to move forward with a stronger attacking option to partner Bobby (who I'd add has been the weaker of the two in the games so far). 

TonyGilroy

We don't of course know to what extent funds need to be freed up.

Like everyone else I think that the last thing we needed was to break up the H&H partnership and think that Hughes is admirable in every way.

BUT

One of Jol's main aims (with which we all agree) is to reduce the average age of the team and Senderos is 5 years younger than Hughes.

I've read that he's an accident waiting to happen but actually his performances have been very good and his presence has absolutely not weakened the team. If his standards drop then Hughes can be restored.

It may also be that Jol is making a statement that he'll do things his way and no one's place is certain.

I can't see him going to Roma.

AlFayedsChequebook

Personally I would be very disappointed to see him go to Roma. He is a top class centre back who gives Hangeland and Hughes a challenge to stay in the first team.

He adds good quality squad depth (which people are always moaning about - see Kelly)

Roma might be interested, but I doubt Jol would be looking to offload. I think that Halliche leaving is much more likely.

ImperialWhite

Hangeland and Hughes are 30 and 31. Makes sense to have a quality back up. If Hangeland gets a red card or Hughes walks into the goal post and knocks him self out, who would you rather take over, Senderos or Halliche?

zzamora

This has as much chance of happening as wigan buying messi.

Tom

I don't want to Senderos going anywhere. But I do want Hughes and Hangeland teamed back up in the middle though.
Fulham for life!

cebu

This story sound like more journo crap. I certainly expect Senderos to stay.

HatterDon

If this story were true and the Salcido story is true, then that would mean that Jol would be weakening the squad at CB, RB, and LB all at the same time.

I don't see that happening.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Quote from: White Noise on August 16, 2011, 08:12:48 AM
Northen White has picked up a story that links Senderos with a move to Roma.
How likely is a move like that?

If he reads this message board then I wouldnlt be surprised if he's already left.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

You know what I hate?

When people just like Hughes because he's been here a while and formed a solid partnership with Brede Hangeland. If Senderos comes in, and is better than Hughes, why shouldn't he play?

I personally think he is, (admitedly [poor spelling] from the games I've seen him, about 8), I think he is a better defender, and he's more likely to short pass it to say, Murphy and Etuhu/Sidwell, and get up the pitch whereas I've noticed a bit of 'hoofing' from Hughes, not that it's a bad thing to ease pressure but it's too often for my liking.

I don't think Aaron is bad RB, I mean I love Chris Baird after his double vs Stoke and I have a 'Bairdinho 6' shirt. Whoever plays at RB, are our weak point, (depending on whether Etuhu plays) I'd like a RB that can ping it from Right to left to release Riise. Not a long hoof, but a long pass using ability to find a player (See, Huddlestone, Carrick, Xabi Alonso, etc.) If we could find a RB that could do that, I'd be over the moon.

I feel I've rambled on without making too much sense but ya know, I'm a student and I've just woke up before seeing the Inbetweeners. Just in summary;

Senderos over Hughes.
Sidwell over Etuhu.
Hughes over Baird.
New RB needed.

I didn't talk about it but we could do with a striker as well, Jol says he needs a no.9 like Zamora or Big Kevin Davies which suggests he has his two 'finishers' in AJ and Moussa.

ffctom_b

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 17, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
I'd like a RB that can ping it from Right to left to release Riise. Not a long hoof, but a long pass using ability to find a player (See, Huddlestone, Carrick, Xabi Alonso, etc.) If we could find a RB that could do that, I'd be over the moon.

Baird is that man, he is supposed to be one of the best passers of the ball at Fulham
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Andy_M

I think I'm like many and am currently reserving judgement on Senderos. It hasn't been a disaster so far breaking up the H/H partnership and given a few more games together who's to say that Senderos and Hangeland won't be a stronger and more effective partnership then H/H?

It's early days and I personally don't think we look any weaker with Senderos at centre back instead of Hughes, and I think that he offers more than Hughes when we have the ball. Hopefully as he is now that little bit older and perhaps not playing under as much pressure (i.e. a lot was expected of him at Arsenal) the silly mistakes he used to make will be cut out.

He is younger than Hughes and therefore we should all perhaps accept that he could well be our CB for several years to come. At the moment he's hardly put a foot wrong and I think it's harsh for people to perhaps get on his case just because he has come in and replaced Hughes.
@got_maile

epsomraver

Hughes last season was the unsung hero of many games, wait until we come up against a decent team and see the problems emerge.

sunburywhite

I didn't realise Messi is for sale

Why haven't we bid?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

Quote from: ffctom_b on August 17, 2011, 10:57:44 AM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 17, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
I'd like a RB that can ping it from Right to left to release Riise. Not a long hoof, but a long pass using ability to find a player (See, Huddlestone, Carrick, Xabi Alonso, etc.) If we could find a RB that could do that, I'd be over the moon.

Baird is that man, he is supposed to be one of the best passers of the ball at Fulham

Baird made some breathtakingly accurate cross-field passes last season. He's much better than Hughes going forward.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel