watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Baird To West Brom

Started by White Noise, August 19, 2011, 06:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Jacob Murtagh at The Fulham Chronicle is linking Bairdinho with a £1 Million move to West Brom.

Given that Jol now seems to have cover at DM, CB and is looking beyond Baird at RB could anyone see this happening to a player who was close to Player of the Season last year?

Lighthouse

Feel very annoyed that we may be selling a player of such value to the team. Full back, centre half, centre midfield. Like selling three players who are always available to do a good job. Where does that leave our squad if he and Halliche go? 19 players with Kasami? Yes we have Briggs under age who could be considered part of the squad. But we are really very light in numbers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

I started that rumour last night on here, gutted if he is really going, sorry.

Thursby

Maybe this means they are in the precess signing someone for RB. That's assuming the story is true.

Mr Fulham

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 085.gif 085.gif 085.gif

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'd be gutted if he goes, but we'll move on, and so will he, I'm sure he'll be a top player at West Brom and build on the progress he made in the last 2 years.

There's still 22 days left with a rumoured £7.5 million bid for Bryan Ruiz being rejected and a decision whether to increase or not. I'm sure we've got a lot of money available, and I have a feeling we may buy a bit in January. I still think Jol could get 4-5 players in, maybe a couple of loans somewhere. In Jol I trust.

cebu

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 19, 2011, 07:26:00 PM
I'd be gutted if he goes, but we'll move on, and so will he, I'm sure he'll be a top player at West Brom and build on the progress he made in the last 2 years.

There's still 22 days left with a rumoured £7.5 million bid for Bryan Ruiz being rejected and a decision whether to increase or not. I'm sure we've got a lot of money available, and I have a feeling we may buy a bit in January. I still think Jol could get 4-5 players in, maybe a couple of loans somewhere. In Jol I trust.

Make that 12 days!

Mr_Moon

A limited player who gives 110%, I'll be sad to see him go if true. You would hope though that this is a sign of us trying to sign players of the quality above.

ImperialWhite

A crazy thing to do I think - an excellent player who can sit on the bench and be cover for many positions. Is that worth just £1million?

We've already got a 7 extra tough matches to play - we don't have to go all that far in the FA Cup and the League Cup before we reach the 50 game mark.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 06:37:01 PM
I started that rumour last night on here, gutted if he is really going, sorry.

Nice going MJG!!!!  :014:  :dft012:

MJG

Etuhu's off to Man City, they need another defensive midfielder.

Bilet

If this is true I would demand us signing a world class right back. None of the players we got in our squad at the time is as a good a right back as Baird and I really don't think we can find a replacement for even five times that price.