more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (20/08/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 20, 2011, 07:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

FULHAM'S DANNY MURPHY FORGIVEN BY WOLVES BOSS MICK MCCARTHY

MICK MCCARTHY has been given an apology by Danny Murphy – in a bid to ensure there will be no more bad blood spilled at Molineux.

Murphy was public enemy No1 with Wolves fans last season after criticising McCarthy's side for being over physical and "too pumped up" in the wake of the Craven Cottage meeting between the two sides which left Bobby Zamora with a broken leg.

McCarthy reckons Murphy's attack left his own players scared to tackle as they were fighting for their Premier League lives. Murphy also stuck the boot in after Joey Barton and Karl Henry clashed at Molineux and the Wolves skipper labelled Barton a cry baby.

All the bully boy comments left McCarthy angry, but he wants the feud between the sides to end tomorrow after Murphy's attempt at a truce.

"I have had an apology off Danny Murphy. He has said sorry and I'm happy with that. He's a guy I've always liked," said McCarthy.

"Poor Bobby Zamora got a broken leg from what we know was a good tackle - Danny himself said so. We had a spell when we were wrongly labelled but that's behind us."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/266072/Fulham-s-Danny-Murphy-forgiven-by-Wolves-boss-Mick-McCarthy?

WhiteJC

WOLVES v FULHAM
BIG MATCH STATS AND FACTS

In the three previous seasons where they have met, one of the games between Wolves and Fulham has ended as a 2-1 home win, the other as a draw.

Wolves have won just one of their last five Premier League games at Molineux, including a 1-1 draw with Fulham.

After going on a run of just one away win in 35 Premier League matches, Fulham have won their last two Premier League road trips without conceding.

Fulham have lost only one of their last seven Premier League matches.

Fulham conceded the highest percentage of first-half goals (63%) in the 2010-11 Premier League.

The Whites conceded just 23% of their goals from set pieces in 2010-11, the lowest percentage in the top flight.

There has been a goal in the 22nd minute in each of the last three Premier League games involving Wolves.

Wolves have gone nine games without a clean sheet.

Wanderers have won three of their last four Premier League matches.

Since the start of February Fulham have kept a clean sheet if they haven't conceded a goal in the first half.

http://www.sportingpreview.com/football2012/11120234.php?

WhiteJC

CLINT DEMPSEY ORDERS FULHAM OUT ON STRIKE

CLINT DEMPSEY hopes Fulham's forwards have packed their shooting boots for today's trip to Wolves.

Fulham haven't found goals hard to come by in the Europa League as they have cruised to the verge of the group stages.

But they drew a blank in their Premier League opener against Aston Villa.

Boss Martin Jol will have no complaints with his ­defence so far this season as they have kept seven clean sheets in eight games.

But Dempsey has challenged Fulham's front men to start doing their bit in the Premier League.

US star Dempsey, 28, who scored twice in Thursday's 3-0 Europa League first leg play-off win against ­Dnipro, said: "It's always going to be tough playing a strong team like Wolves.

"We have just got to stay how we have been – compact and tough to break down defensively.

"It will be the second league game so hopefully we can open up our account for this season.

"Towards the end of last season we were able to show we were confident away from home in getting results.

"Hopefully we can continue that form from the beginning of this season."

Fulham's clash with Wolves today will be their ninth game of the season already.

They were back in action in June thanks to their early Europa League start.

But Jol insists he has the squad to cope with their heavy workload.

He said: "I think the main thing for me is that I trust my players.

"I have to play all my players – or at least 16 or 17 of them – to look ahead to the future."

He added: "From what I've seen of Wolves when I was abroad in Holland and Germany they are a strong, physical team.

"They had a very good start last week, as you know, and hopefully we can have a result over there because we need it as well."

Fulham winger Damien Duff has signed a one-year contract extension.

Duff, 32, said: "I've enjoyed every minute of my time at Fulham since joining two years ago and I'm delighted to be staying at the Cottage until at least 2013.

"This is a fantastic club with great supporters and it's a very exciting time to be part of the team."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/206963/Clint-Dempsey-orders-Fulham-out-on-strike/?

WhiteJC

Senderos backs Fulham rotation policy

PHILIPPE Senderos reckons Fulham's success this season depends on dropping players at the right time.

The Swiss international finally creviced open the centre-back glue that bound Aaron Hughes and Brede Hangeland for three seasons in the 0-0 draw against Aston Villa at the weekend.

But the former Arsenal player admits Premier League, European and domestic cup demands will eventually take their toll.

Senderos was rested for last night's Europa League win against Ukrainian side Dnipro, with the Whites back to the coalface in less than 72 hours against Wolves on Sunday.

Should they make the European group stages, another 60-plus games like 2009-10, when Fulham made the final, and Senderos is hoping Martin Jol will drop him and others when the coach sees fits.

Senderos said: "The hard part for the manager is knowing when to rotate and keep everyone fit.

"Everybody should be on a good level at all times, so that when we do need to rotate players, new ones are ready to come in.

"It is totally normal that with all the games there will be dips in form, but we have the squad capable of dealing with it."

Far from missing the plush surrounds of The Emirates, the man who spent seven years with Arsenal revealed the humble surroundings of Craven Cottage offer other delights.

"In this (Fulham) stadium people are much closer to the players and already I feel their warmth. It's nice," he added.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/08/19/senderos-backs-fulham-rotation-policy-82029-29266262/?

WhiteJC

Lawro's prediction

Wolves v Fulham (1400 BST)
Wolves started the season with a win at Blackburn and they seem a completely different animal than they were last season, with far more belief.

I thought Roger Johnson was an excellent signing to make them more solid at the back, and the rest of the squad have come to terms with the demands of the top flight. They have some talented players but with the fighting spirit of their manager Mick McCarthy.

Fulham are another team that have been in action in the Europa League for a while now - their season began in June.

They made a few chances in their draw with Aston Villa last weekend, but not loads of them. I would expect them to be more attacking on the road under Martin Jol than they were when Mark Hughes was in charge but it is early days, and we will have to wait and see.

Prediction: 2-1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/14541401.stm

WhiteJC

Fulham v Blackburn tickets

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 11th September
Kick-Off 16:00

Make this a day out for the family with kids only a quid for the visit of Blackburn to Craven Cottage. The Whites will be looking for a repeat of last season's victory so buy your tickets now and ensure you get your seats today.

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders Now on sale (unlimited tickets)
Fulham Club Members Now on sale (unlimited tickets)
General Sale Now on sale (unlimited tickets)
Loyalty points: 5 (more info)

Buy tickets online

Kids for a Quid

Under 16s can experience live Barclays Premier League football from just £1 in the Hammersmith, Putney and Family Sections (A, AL, K, KL) when purchased in advance (prices will increase to £5 on matchday).

'Fiver Side' - Purchase two tickets for just £5 each!

Our loyal Season Ticket Holders are able to purchase two additional tickets for just £5 each in the Hammersmith and Putney Ends!

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ticket Office at Craven Cottage or by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1). This offer is not available online and is only valid until 5pm Friday 2nd September (subject to availability).

Fulham Members' Club Ticket Offer - £5 off for members

As a special 'thank you' to all of our loyal Fulham Members' Club members the Club is offering a £5 discount on match tickets for Fulham's match versus Blackburn.

This offer is valid in all areas of the stadium (subject to availability, 1 per member) and expires at 5pm on Friday 2nd September.

Members can purchase discounted tickets online, in person at the Ticket Office at Craven Cottage or by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1). 

My First Matchday Package

My First Matchday offers Junior supporters and an accompanying adult the opportunity to see what really goes on behind the scenes at Craven Cottage in the build-up to matchday. Pretend you're a radio commentator in the press box, run down the tunnel, pretend you're directing the players from the Manager's seat in the dugout, interview a guardian in front of the TV interview boards, see our trophy cabinet and even meet a Fulham FC legend! More info and prices †

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

† Special offers and packages are only available on advance bookings and not on the day of the match.

Prices

Category C prices apply to this match.

NB: Blocks A, AL, K and KL are designated Family Areas and are not available to book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/BlackburnHome.aspx#ixzz1VYBSRFKh

WhiteJC

WOLVES v FULHAM
BIG BETFAIR PREVIEW

Fulham and Stoke both follow midweek Europa League games with tricky Premier League away trips. Do they have the squads to successfully combine domestic and continental campaigns?

Wolves 2.4 v Fulham 3.35; The Draw 3.4

A quiet summer in the transfer market for both means few new faces at either club, but the nuclei of last season's squads have been kept in tact.

The addition of Roger Johnson to the Wolves defence could prove to be a masterstroke from Mick McCarthy, and if Kevin Doyle and Steven Fletcher can stay fit they'll be comfortably clear of a relegation scrap this time around.

Fulham, however, will struggle to improve on last season's eighth place finish; a lack of consistent firepower likely to be their downfall.

The Opta stats tell us that Wolves have now gone nine games without a clean sheet, but with the addition of Johnson and against a misfiring Fulham attack this could be the game to halt that run. Certainly there is a value bet to be had in backing a Wolves clean sheet @ 3.0.

Opta also informs us that Fulham conceded the highest percentage of first-half goals (63%) in the Premier League last season. The 0-0 half-time score is currently trading at 2.5 and should be layed at that price.

Recommended Bets

Back Wolves Clean Sheet @ 3.0
Lay 0-0 @ 2.5 in Half Time Correct Score

http://www.sportingpreview.com/football2012/11120219.php?