more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 02, 2011, 06:31:24 PM
there is also FIFA Manager coming out did anyone ever play FIFA manager and which game is better in your opinion if you did play it

Football Manager every time.

fulhamben

im loving the jets on battlefield 3.  hard to kill with mind
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

King_Crud

I'm enjoying Driver SF for mindless fun. The "plot" is a bit out there, but it's only as a way to allow you to play lots of different roles

Mr_Moon

Anyone play NCAA Football 2012?

Tempted to buy it instead of Madden.

Mitch

Got FM12 today!

....not going well. Playing 4-2-3-1. Duff and Dempsey out injured and Ruiz confused as to where the goal is. Out of Europe, and played 4 in the league, 2 losses, one draw and one win.

Tomo

Just thought i'd make a post where we update how we're coming along on FM 2012, currently I'm 6th position (7 games in) scoring plenty of goals (43 in all competitions) and i'm through to the group stages of the Europa League having just beaten OB 3-2 (close) i'm also drawn against Red Star Belgrade and Villareal (EASY group) also had an unlucky 0-1 loss to Chelsea at home and even Andre Villas Boas said he respected my tactics + I had Somogyi in goal as Schwarzer had a 'stubbed' toe.

I've signed a few players including Ola John from twente, 19 years old so don't have to register, eligable for Europa League and not a bad impact sub. Another player from Twente in Thilo Leugers who is a LM and LB (another youngster) as Briggs has a lower back stress fracture which is 2 months out and John Arne Riise has a habit of Yellow Cards / Minor Injuries. I also signed a youngster in Emre Can from Bayern Munich for 1.1 Million pounds, a future replacement for Sidwell / Etuhu as a defensive midfielder.

Not a bad start and just announced a consortium will replace MAF, hopefully we'll get a big transfer kitty  098.gif
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

TWFL

Quote from: Tomo on November 07, 2011, 11:09:31 PM
Just thought i'd make a post where we update how we're coming along on FM 2012, currently I'm 6th position (7 games in) scoring plenty of goals (43 in all competitions) and i'm through to the group stages of the Europa League having just beaten OB 3-2 (close) i'm also drawn against Red Star Belgrade and Villareal (EASY group) also had an unlucky 0-1 loss to Chelsea at home and even Andre Villas Boas said he respected my tactics + I had Somogyi in goal as Schwarzer had a 'stubbed' toe.

I've signed a few players including Ola John from twente, 19 years old so don't have to register, eligable for Europa League and not a bad impact sub. Another player from Twente in Thilo Leugers who is a LM and LB (another youngster) as Briggs has a lower back stress fracture which is 2 months out and John Arne Riise has a habit of Yellow Cards / Minor Injuries. I also signed a youngster in Emre Can from Bayern Munich for 1.1 Million pounds, a future replacement for Sidwell / Etuhu as a defensive midfielder.

Not a bad start and just announced a consortium will replace MAF, hopefully we'll get a big transfer kitty  098.gif

Sounds good! Not started a Fulham game (yet got stuck into my test run game :L) but Emre Can is a good player. In my current game he's at Chelski and worth quite a few million and looks very good. Also at the start of the second season Drenthe was available on a free so I'd try get him if you can..

Mitch

Beat QPR 5-0 at Loftus Rd, then proceeded to lose Bobby, Brede, Hughes, Senderos, Mousa, Dempsey, Ruiz and Sidwell to injury. 17th in the league one Jan 1st with all those still out, I was sacked. Gutted!

The Equalizer

Too many games to even think at the moment!

I've just bought:

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions (hard)
Gears of War 2 (not started yet)
Forza Motorsport 4 (not started yet)
Batman: Arkham City (fecking unreal! Love it!!)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (arrives on friday)
an XBox Kinect

I don't think I'm going to leave the house for a few months.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

elgreenio

raced home at lunch for a quick few games of MW3 in my break. Easily smashes Black Ops out of the water, though the maps seem quite small and quickscoping seems even easier than MW2. Going to wait until xmas for Skyrim, no doubt there'll be quite a few bugs there although they are changing the patch system where they can put fixes in themselves (like when EA do weekly roster updates in FIFA) as well as the normal bigger ones which will take a while of course.
touch my camera through the fence

Mitch

Thinking of getting into Skyrim. Had the Elder Scrolls, but found it too slow paced initially.
Is there online content for Skyrim?

zzamora

Mitch, why is hangeland 30 jumping on fifa?!

The Bronsons

My son is 13 and is desperate to get MW3. But it's rated 18. Any thoughts on this, people who have actually played it? Don't want to be a spoilsport but my son's a nice kid and I don't want him upset, hooked or turning psycho on me - especially as in a few years he's likely to be bigger than me.  :dft002:

Tomo

Quote from: The Bronsons on November 09, 2011, 12:54:34 AM
My son is 13 and is desperate to get MW3. But it's rated 18. Any thoughts on this, people who have actually played it? Don't want to be a spoilsport but my son's a nice kid and I don't want him upset, hooked or turning psycho on me - especially as in a few years he's likely to be bigger than me.  :dft002:

I'm sure your son will be fine i'm 19 years old and I can safely say there is not much 'horrific' detail and nothing that could potentially scar him.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Mitch

Quote from: zzamora on November 08, 2011, 09:36:13 PM
Mitch, why is hangeland 30 jumping on fifa?!
Don't know. I've always thought Hangeland to be pretty amazing, so I've never gone out of my way to check. If I notice something within gameplay I look to adjust it, I don't go through stat by stat. That said, defensively he isn't really a jumper like Cordoba/Adebayor. He almost always wins headers on it for me though, so something must be right.

Re-started FM12 last night. You need a lot of leagues running to get even basic players, which is annoying. With a large database I had no players in Le Mans and other normal french teams which is pathetic. Added French, S.African and a few random premier divisions which has improved it a bit. Started by hiring an improved physio team, scouting better and with a 4-3-3 formation rather than 4-2-3-1. Started much better, but still a large number of injuries. Also signed Yaya Sanogo after selling Halliche, Kelly and Riise. Welbeck has come in on loan too, so hopefully i won't end up short for players. Trotta has played two games in Europa qualifying and scored two too, which is a bonus.

Mitch

As long as he's a kid who realises the difference between gaming and a reality it'll be OK. In recent versions there was an option to turn a certain level/scene off as it was rated too graphic, but that was the only part.

elgreenio

Quote from: Mitch on November 09, 2011, 09:14:10 AM
As long as he's a kid who realises the difference between gaming and a reality it'll be OK. In recent versions there was an option to turn a certain level/scene off as it was rated too graphic, but that was the only part.

there's one of those for this version as well.

Oh and Mitch there will be DLC for Skyrim, though i'd recommend getting it on the PC as the amount of mods around will be immense.
touch my camera through the fence

Mr_Moon

I wouldn't take too much notice of the age ratings on a game. It just means he will be shooting people.

The Bronsons

Thanks guys for the feedback re. MW3 for a 13-year-old.

manxman

Only just bought FM12 today, and havent played it yet. I could never get into 11 as i thought it took ages to get through a season, so i got bored of it really quickly. I have decided to give this one a run in hope that i will enjoy it, any tips for a beginner? who to buy etc, I am picking Huddersield as my team to manage.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."