watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol & Why BZ dropped (merged)

Started by cutbushcitylimits, August 21, 2011, 04:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Jol seems to be getting a rougher early ride than Hughes despite most posters agreeing that he's likeable.

I'm no happier with yesterday's result and performance than anyone else but Jol made it quite plain that the squad was too old and that we needed more pace.  That means change and it won't always succeed and rarely immediately. He has 10 days to address this but I certainly don't doubt that he's trying and then no doubt the team will settle down and more informed judgements can be made.

Zamora hasn't looked right this season and if the root cause is the ankle he broke than that must be a matter of real concern. We know he'll play through pain and when he shouldn't but if Jol is determined not to let him do so when it seems unwise then who could disagree with that. Apart from Bobby of course.

The need for new forwards is of course highlighted.

On a more general point this is how we've been performing at places like Wolves for the last 10 years.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: richie17 on August 22, 2011, 06:50:33 AM
well there's a rumour on twitter (I know) that says Bobby is to have clear the air talks with Jol this week.  Is upset about something, partly our focus on bringing in a similar player (Ruiz).  Also linked with QPR and Spurs.  The latter part seems daft, if only because Redknapp makes a point of bidding for every striker in world football every window.  But there we are.  Source of rumour is supposedly an agent. Obviously only a rumour but something to ponder on a Monday morning.

I wouldn't pay too much attention of that rumour from the agent supposedly in the know...he claimed that Bobby and Jol argued about our transfer targets so was dropped. No way would that happen. He then claimed there would be clear the air talks with Jol and MAF's representatives. Again, no way would MAF arrange for that. He's got a few spurs ones right and he gets those of off Spurs community websites.

FulhamMic

@TonyGilroy

Couldn't agree more; on the plus side perhaps yesterday's performance and the absence of Zamora may only spur on the board to increase their urgency in the search for a back-up/alternative option upfront (and perhaps the available budget)

NorthernWhite

Spot on Mr Gilroy. I'm sure the targets are in place and as usual in the Market, it often really comes alive towards the end. Yesterday was very poor but as you mentioned, when did we last do well there?

Here's hoping for a backlash at St James's Park on Sunday.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: NorthernWhite on August 22, 2011, 09:48:46 AM
Yesterday was very poor but as you mentioned, when did we last do well there?

We played well there last season didn't we?