https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man U v Arsenal

Started by FFCcravencottage, August 28, 2011, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Jimbobob on August 28, 2011, 05:49:29 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 05:05:27 PM
manure are playing pretty sick right now. should that be Slick or am I that old I've missed something.
Just in case you are right and it's a saying I don't know Arsenal are playing Sick now

FFCcravencottage: Sorry american slang again. You say something is "sick" when it is really good or well done. That goal was "sick"- did you see that save - that was really "sick". You get the idea.
Manure's drubbing of the gunners is "sick". Dempsey's goal against Juventus was totally "sick!"
As I said well done - spectacular -  quality as I guess you guys may say...it has been a clinic today as well! Love you brother!
Oh ok just you yanks getting the spelling wrong again, because all that means Slick :59:

Jimbobob

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 06:02:40 PM
manure are playing pretty sick right now. should that be Slick or am I that old I've missed something.
Just in case you are right and it's a saying I don't know Arsenal are playing Sick now

FFCcravencottage: Sorry american slang again. You say something is "sick" when it is really good or well done. That goal was "sick"- did you see that save - that was really "sick". You get the idea.
Manure's drubbing of the gunners is "sick". Dempsey's goal against Juventus was totally "sick!"
As I said well done - spectacular -  quality as I guess you guys may say...it has been a clinic today as well! Love you brother!
Oh ok just you yanks getting the spelling wrong again, because all that means Slick :59:
Again two peoples seperated by a common language. It's all good so don't be an butt :59: :59: :59:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

RidgeRider

Venger is getting verbally slain on FSC by the three British analysts. They are basically saying he needs to go. wow.

Jimbobob

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 28, 2011, 06:18:05 PM
Venger is getting verbally slain on FSC by the three British analysts. They are basically saying he needs to go. wow.

Yea I hate Piers Morgan, but it just shows how football can be such a universal connection and language.
I hate the guy but I know I could have a football talk and we would have the same passion.
That is a very good thing!
And yes he was most certainly throwing Venger under not only a bus but a mountain...........
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Jimbobob on August 28, 2011, 06:10:44 PM

Again two peoples seperated by a common language. It's all good so don't be an butt :59: :59: :59:
Er no just giving the English version that's all :dft011: Sick to us is Vomit = so actually the opposite of what you class it as.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 06:42:09 PM

Er no just giving the English version that's all :dft011: Sick to us is Vomit = so actually the opposite of what you class it as.

English yoof also say "sick" when they mean good!

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 28, 2011, 06:44:58 PM

Exactly what I asked in the first post, unless it was some young expression which has recently surfaced I've never heard of the "saying" I'm only up to "Wicked" in the youngsters sayings.
So if Jimbobob is about 15 - 20 years old that is where we have crossed wire's

Jimbobob

Yes I get it. It is like when we say "pissed" a Fat Freddy favorite. Pissed to us is mad - pissed to you is being drunk. It is all good. Now if we can just get the club to make a move to get us more secure.
If we get some good signings that would be "sick" and we would all get "pissed"! 064.gif 064.gif

Jimbobob

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 06:48:27 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 28, 2011, 06:44:58 PM

Exactly what I asked in the first post, unless it was some young expression which has recently surfaced I've never heard of the "saying" I'm only up to "Wicked" in the youngsters sayings.
So if Jimbobob is about 15 - 20 years old that is where we have crossed wire's

Hilarious...no I am an old fart but my kids are 18 to 19 so I hear this all the time. My problem is I have the mind and heart of a 17-25 year old and sorry to say I hope I never lose that! Brilliant!!!

leonffc

I was going to put 8-2 on the tipping league too. Gutted ;-)

zzamora

one thing can be said about arsenal.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Jimbobob on August 28, 2011, 06:51:08 PM

Yes I get it. It is like when we say "pissed" a Fat Freddy favorite. Pissed to us is mad - pissed to you is being drunk. It is all good. Now if we can just get the club to make a move to get us more secure.
If we get some good signings that would be "sick" and we would all get "pissed"! 064.gif 064.gif
Well I'm glad to know that you are very old (unfortunately not as old as me  092.gif) but it doesn't excuse your American Spelling :015:
How do you get past the Spellchecker Fat Freddy favorite Favourite  
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Because favourite is the correct spelling. Favorite, like color and many other words, were changed by Benjamin Franklin who, after the American War of Independence, wanted to create an 'American' language. Problem was that most people in USA spoke English so he changed hundreds of words to an 'American' spelling to show that Americans did, in fact, have their own language. He also introduced the 'drawl' way of speaking that makes Americans speak English in such a unique way.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 07:01:59 PM

Well I'm glad to know that you are very old (unfortunately not as old as me  092.gif) but it doesn't excuse your American Spelling :015:

Because favourite is the correct spelling. Favorite, like color and many other words, were changed by Benjamin Franklin who, after the American War of Independence, wanted to create an 'American' language. Problem was that most people in USA spoke English so he changed hundreds of words to an 'American' spelling to show that Americans did, in fact, have their own language. He also introduced the 'drawl' way of speaking that makes Americans speak English in such a unique way.

Ben Franklin was an innovator and hated wasteful excesses, so he just eliminated unnecessary vowels to improve the language and save on ink.  :dft012:

Jimbobob

I was typing and I can't type and I was lazy this time and did not use the spell check which I normally do. You got me on the spell check big time. That was a "sick" pick up!  064.gif

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 28, 2011, 07:07:33 PM

Ben Franklin was an innovator and hated wasteful excesses, so he just eliminated unnecessary vowels to improve the language and save on ink.  :dft012:
He wasn't as good as the youth today with their text talk then fp.gif

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Jimbobob on August 28, 2011, 07:07:51 PM

I was typing and I can't type and I was lazy this time and did not use the spell check which I normally do. You got me on the spell check big time. That was a "sick" pick up!  064.gif
Well I can type but I need Spell checker best thing ever invented as far as I'm concerned. :Haynes The Maestro:

RidgeRider

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on August 28, 2011, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 28, 2011, 07:07:33 PM

He wasn't as good as the youth today with their text talk then fp.gif

:clap_hands: touche!

LordNelson

OK, I know this is somewhat outside the realm of probability, but.........can anyone see Arsenal making a play for Dempsey in the next three days??????
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

cebu

Quote from: LordNelson on August 28, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
OK, I know this is somewhat outside the realm of probability, but.........can anyone see Arsenal making a play for Dempsey in the next three days??????

Yes and the Thames Barrier too. Hands off Whinger!   092.gif

By the way does anyone else wonder if the current top 4 will still be the top 4 come end of season?

Sheepskin Junior

I would really 8 2 be an arsenal fan right now  :011:
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507