watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Support.

Started by zzamora, August 28, 2011, 12:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Been having a long long chat with an arsenal fan.

He claims we have "Rubbish" home support and that only a "few hundred" fans sing in the hammy end. Claims that arsenal have more fans due to their "Standard of football".

does he have any point?

got me a bit annoyed  085.gif

The Bronsons

Tell him Arsenal sold their soul when they knocked down Highbury.

Tell him they're not a football club any more, they're a brand and an entertainment package.

Tell him that Arsenal has more fans than us, but that we have a smaller % of plastic fans than they do.

Ask him where he'd rather watch a game.

zzamora

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 28, 2011, 12:49:17 AM

Tell him they're not a football club any more, they're a brand and an entertainment package.

Tell him that Arsenal has more fans than us, but that we have a smaller % of plastic fans than they do.

thank you. i may sleep now.

Scrumpy

The Emirates is famous for just one thing - being bloody quiet! The Highbury Library was not much better. Seriously, Arsenal fans really are a laughing stock amongst other London Clubs; I wouldn't lose any sleep.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mr_Moon

Our home support is rubbish although it isn't rubbish in comparison to other sides as the atmosphere at league games is generally quite poor, regardless of where you are.

In terms of numbers, our support isn't great but as a medium sized club it's ok. A lot of our home support would never consider going away, nor would they turn up unless it was covered in their season ticket. The fact we have a neutral stand is a laughing stock but considering your mate watches football at one of the most plastic places ever, he has some cheek. Our away support is appalling and it doesn't help when our fans instantly sit down and refuse to stand up.

Out of 10 I would give us 3/10

HatterDon

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 28, 2011, 12:49:17 AM

One of the posts of the month, sir!  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

Brilliant, he just claimed that "i'm simply jealous of arsenals success"- 064.gif

Claims that plastic fans have "nothing to do with football"  064.gif

Mr Fulham

I was told the same "rubbish support" thing by a regular german attender who only attends Fulham's matches because he wants to see Premiership football for little money.

He also thinks Murphy, Hughes, Baird and Sidwell are utter garbage and that Zamora, Duff and Briggs are the only players with Premier League standard. fp.gif

leonffc

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 28, 2011, 01:10:04 AM
I was told the same "rubbish support" thing by a regular german attender who only attends Fulham's matches because he wants to see Premiership football for little money.

He also thinks Murphy, Hughes, Baird and Sidwell are utter garbage and that Zamora, Duff and Briggs are the only players with Premier League standard. fp.gif

Ask him if he means the same Murphy as the one that made the most successful passes in the premier league last year. ie. The closest England had to Iniesta

ImperialWhite

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Arsenal: the worst support of any big club in Europe.

Stupid Silent Arsenal Fans

ImperialWhite

Our away support is pretty poor though. Nowt wrong with sitting, but we must be one of the few away crowds that predominantly sits at away matches (at Wolves recently it was only a dozen of us at most that were standing).

Fulham_Adam

I've only been to about 20 away games but everytime I go our support has been pretty vocal.

Does it really matter if people are sitting or standing?
The past is told by those who win.

zzamora

We've sorted it like thus:

He's coming to CC for the QPR match and we will be sitting in the hammersmith end. near the back.

I cant go the emirates because im "not a arsenal member" but i can however go as an away fan. So i'm going as an away fan to Arsenal vs Fulham.

I'm looking forward to going, i need some new books  :59:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

firstly feel sorry for him because he hasn't a mind of his own and he has followed the crowd,
then tell him the team he supports has the most expensive season tickets in world football fp.gif- so he can pay through the nose to watch pretty football which gives no end result and when they do get a good youngster they look after him just to sell to clubs with bigger ambition  064.gif

Burt

Nasri has gone on record as saying that one of the reasons for leaving Arsenal was the lack of atmosphere and passion amongst their fans.

Aldo

Quote from: zzamora on August 28, 2011, 01:06:52 AM
Brilliant, he just claimed that "i'm simply jealous of arsenals success"- 064.gif

Claims that plastic fans have "nothing to do with football"  064.gif

If it came down to jealousy tell him you'd rather be jealous of Chelsea or Man Utd, who have actually won something in the last few years, than Arsenal, who haven't!

michaelread

or, now every time you see him you can spout "8 - 2" and always feel victorious

zzamora

do you think we have better fans than arsenal?

NorfolkJim

This constant judging of our fans is painful. IMO Fulham are the best fans in the world, but the most passionate and noisy ones are CSKA Sofia

Nick the Swede

I'd 8-2 be a Gooner!  064.gif
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"