watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Support.

Started by zzamora, August 28, 2011, 12:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...truth is that our vocal support is pretty poor. Apart from the lads in H5 and sections of H4 at the very back, and a very few at the back of H6 and parts of H7 are all that give constant noisy support.

I'm not sure whether this is due to more 'tourists' who dilute the noisy support, the lack of a drum that encouraged people to sing, (due to one prat who said he was suffering permanent hearing damage due to the noise it made) or just the usual partly valid excuse of the poor acoustics whereby noise gets sucked out of the void at the top and back of the HE and the lack of a filled corner between the HE and the Riverside meaning the noise is absorbed by the void and the Thames.

Either way if more noise was made the better the atmosphere and the more the team is spurred on. Some games I can tell before the game gets under way if it will be good or bad. Too few make the noise that we had particularly at the end of the last Europa campaign where Craven Cottage really rocked.

Maybe our new fans are too shy/reserved to make a noise - or don't know the words...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

zzamora

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 29, 2011, 05:03:30 PM
...truth is that our vocal support is pretty poor. Apart from the lads in H5 and sections of H4 at the very back, and a very few at the back of H6 and parts of H7 are all that give constant noisy support.

I'm not sure whether this is due to more 'tourists' who dilute the noisy support, the lack of a drum that encouraged people to sing, (due to one prat who said he was suffering permanent hearing damage due to the noise it made) or just the usual partly valid excuse of the poor acoustics whereby noise gets sucked out of the void at the top and back of the HE and the lack of a filled corner between the HE and the Riverside meaning the noise is absorbed by the void and the Thames.

Either way if more noise was made the better the atmosphere and the more the team is spurred on. Some games I can tell before the game gets under way if it will be good or bad. Too few make the noise that we had particularly at the end of the last Europa campaign where Craven Cottage really rocked.

Maybe our new fans are too shy/reserved to make a noise - or don't know the words...

that is fixed,got a chant section on the board ;)

anyway we could encourage people to chant more?

Mr_Moon

The tourists and people who aren't as bothered only contribute to atmosphere if it's something you can clap along to, which in turn has ruined the atmosphere. It's just noise.

Perfect example being 'Take me home'. That used to go on for ages with very little clapping, now it's drowned out half way through the first rendition by people clapping along (and clapping too fast, but that's another matter).

LBNo11

...yes I know about the chant section, (I confirmed to you the new section in the feedback section) but the words are no good without fans knowing the tune they words should go to.

Either way we are one of three Fulham message boards with many shared fans on each, therefore the internet support is less than a 20th of our regular support - even if they were regular viewers few would actually bother to make a noise and fewer still from those who don't look at these boards.

There are times our players must feel their only audience is the TV.

H6 used to be very noisy but for the most part is just goes through the motions these days  - shame the club doesn't encourage a 'Vocal fans section/area' and advise the tourists that their potential seat is located close to such a section.

At the end of the day it sounds noisy to those who participate but that's as far as it goes most of the time...

mrska

Fulham fans after Davies' goal

Show him this with the knowledge we sold out within a day and could of sold double..

ImperialWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 29, 2011, 05:33:50 PM
H6 used to be very noisy but for the most part is just goes through the motions these days  - shame the club doesn't encourage a 'Vocal fans section/area' and advise the tourists that their potential seat is located close to such a section.

Vocal areas are a fantastic idea. Given we have limited numbers of people who like to make a noise, often even if you do want to be vocal you're cut off from other vocal people - so you're less likely to. Likewise, different clusters of people in H4,5,6 are cut off, so rather than one larg(er) source of nice you have 2 or 3 quite small bands of singers. The best noise always comes when the three groups are connected by the waverers inbetween. If there was a dedicated vocal area(s) than everyone who wanted to be vocal could do so.

Mr Moon is right that clapping ruins chants - people further down the stand struggle to hear the words over the clapping and can't join in.

MJG

sitting in the putney end last year and this season as well, you do not hear the hammersmith end that much. I go along with the sound not carrying very well and the fact we have never been that vocal anyway. Yes we have had some great games where the place has rocked but we had 90-95% of the ground then. With prem games real fulham fans account for maybe 60% and the rest tourists(wanting to see the other team) and away fans, this turns the place into a very quiet ground for the home team.
But then on the other hand how do we get away with having a fairly good home record over the last 10 years, does it really matter how vocal we are?

LBNo11

...the noise the fans make are the oxygen we need to play well - or words to that effect are what one professional once said (Danny Blanchflower). But if our noise is not required I'll save my vocal chords and leave it to the mutes to generate an atmosphere...