watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell Wanted By Newcastle

Started by White Noise, August 28, 2011, 06:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/08/28/alan-pardew-wants-fulham-s-steve-sidwell-102039-23377346/

Alan Pardew wants Fulham's Steve Sidwell

Aug 28 2011 by Alan Oliver, The People

FULHAM midfielder Steve Sidwell faces Newcastle at St James' Park this lunchtime, knowing he could easily have been a Toon player – on TWO occasions.

Glenn Roeder had Sidwell all lined up to head for Tyneside from Reading in 2007, but was then sacked.

And current United boss Alan Pardew, who signed Sidwell for the Royals, reveals: "I would have looked to have brought Steve here. I think he has qualities that would be good to have at this club.

"Steve's a good player and I think Fulham were fortunate to get him on the deal they did – he was a free, a fantastic bargain back in January.

"I think he was part of a situation that was out of his control at Villa. He was absolutely brilliant for me at Reading and I think he can still have some big seasons ahead of him.''

Pardew will clash swords with his old foe Martin Jol, neither of them probably realising that Fulham have had the Indian sign over Newcastle in recent seasons.

Pardew says: "I don't think Martin Jol has anything to prove now he is back in the Premier League.

"He was in charge at Tottenham and Ajax and they're big, big clubs.

"Martin knows how to manage a club. He's trying to change Fulham's style and I admire that. They've played quite a simplistic game and he's trying to evolve that – and it's not easy. But he'll master it and they'll be better for it.''

Pardew is delighted at the manner in which the Magpies have begun with two wins and a draw, saying: "We have had a great start and I think the players have proved they are committed to Newcastle."

Rabbit

Seems like Newcastle might want our entire team! Are all of these links coming up now since we are playing Newcastle or is it pure coincidence?

CincyFulham1

Sounds like they need to sign a midfielder, they should have signed Joey Barton....Oh, never mind.

Tktd

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 28, 2011, 07:31:48 AM
Sounds like they need to sign a midfielder, they should have signed Joey Barton....Oh, never mind.

Or kevin noland for that matter... almost seems like it's a transfer strategy to go for players of a team that you want to be better then to make you look like the big club you once were...