watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One we have missed....

Started by Blingo, August 31, 2011, 01:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blingo

1203: Papiss Demba Cisse's agent says the Senegalese will not be leaving Bundesliga side Freiburg during the transfer window. Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle United have been linked with a move. "Nobody was ready to pay the sum - that was the only problem," Guido Nicolai told BBC Africa Sport.

We should have bought this player.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Blingo on August 31, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
1203: Papiss Demba Cisse's agent says the Senegalese will not be leaving Bundesliga side Freiburg during the transfer window. Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle United have been linked with a move. "Nobody was ready to pay the sum - that was the only problem," Guido Nicolai told BBC Africa Sport.

We should have bought this player.

Obviously they wanted a ridiculous fee since no-one (including the mega rich PSG and Rubin) would pay for him

BalDrick

Football clubs in mad 'we won't pay more than we think he's worth' move - what on earth is happening today?

Can't say I'm overly disappointed.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

El Hamdaoui has joined Espanyol
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

The lunacy of this system is that in last-minute desparation clubs will throw stupid money at players.

Shame about El Ham... I thought someone said he was at Gatwick last night. That's a long way from Espanyol...

MJG

You do wonder what some clubs do for the other 363 days of the year. They seem to wait till deadline day, notice clubs are after one player or another and then go "bloody hell, did not know about him,[insert club name] are after him and willing to pay £5M, quick look him up on wiki, should we put a bid in"
Maybe we should just go to some kind of transfer draft day (dont know how it would work but just throwing it out there) where all the clubs sit in the O2 and bid for players.

Burt

Or hows this for a radical idea - have no transfer windows at all?

MJG

Quote from: Burt on August 31, 2011, 02:24:21 PM
Now see I think its a good idea and stops all the speculation every day. The whole thing just needs to be shorter, July only.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on August 31, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Big 4 Transfer Window:

Fulham transfer window:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I like round windows... Things are looking up.

FulhamMic

Just been on TalkSport via their German League reporter than Freiburg were looking for 15 million cash plus a series of add-ons taking the amount nearer to 20 million.

There's no way we were ever gonna pay that, especially for someone they paid 1.3 million for only a couple of years ago. It's safe to say they've definitely priced him out of the market.

sipwell

Too bad Scott Parker joined Tottenham. 5 million was a steal imo. We could use a creative midfielder.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!