watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Last Night on ITV

Started by Peabody, September 02, 2011, 09:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I am usually totally anti ITV but last nights 9/11 The Day that changed the world was exceptional and gave a completely different slant on that whole terrible day. I would recommend you watch it if you can. They have interviews with most of the decision makers.

Burt

Yes I saw that too.

Very powerful.

I would also recommend a book that has just been released, "The Eleventh Day, The Ultimate Account of 9/11" by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan. It's a big read, but is based on a lot of previously unreleased documents, transcripts etc. and mirrors a lot of the things that last night's documentary covered off. In some areas it goes in to more detail e.g. the decision to shoot down civilian airliners if they were not responding to calls was apparently not as straight forward as last night's program made out.

There was also a documentary two nights ago about 9/11 from the NYFD's perspective. The fact that these brave people are still so impacted by the disaster 10 years on was very moving.

zzamora

It does beg the question how anyone could even consider a conspiracy. At the end of the day it was just a complete mess up by the American defense systems.

One of the most disturbing story's was that of the person who was in charge of the Twin Towers Security. He had quit his job of secret service agent in charge of watching Bin Laden-and he warned of an attack but no-one took notice. So he quit his job and died just 18 days later in the towers.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: zzamora on September 02, 2011, 11:16:39 AM
It does beg the question how anyone could even consider a conspiracy. At the end of the day it was just a complete mess up by the American defense systems.

One of the most disturbing story's was that of the person who was in charge of the Twin Towers Security. He had quit his job of secret service agent in charge of watching Bin Laden-and he warned of an attack but no-one took notice. So he quit his job and died just 18 days later in the towers.
Maybe you should give "Zeitgeist: The Movie" a watch.

WHITEwitch

I watched the documentary 'The Falling Man' a while ago.  Followed one of the 'jumpers' and tried to identify who it was.

Most harrowing piece of television I ever watched. 

Fernhurst

Love that tat you have as your aviator FFC, but was it neccessary to cover your'e entire back?  :023:

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 02, 2011, 11:36:53 AM
Love that tat you have as your aviator FFC, but was it neccessary to cover your'e entire back?  :023:
LOL it's on the inside of my lower arm/wrist and I might add it's the avatar that makes it look squashed.

Berserker

I wanted to watch it but didn't get home until late and my partner had recorded the wrong channel  by mistake. Does anybody know if it going to be repeated at a different time this week or is it possibly on an i-player?  Ta
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

I am certain you will be able to watch it on ITV I Player.

CorkedHat

It's screening here in Oz on Tuesday. I shall be watching it.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Berserker

Thanks Peabody, I'll have a look later this evening.

Has anybody seen the programme about 9/11 that was taken in real time over 120 minutes of events unfolding, that was amazing. I can't remember what it was called, but watched it again from a  copy I had recorded previously.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

OtterFFC

Totally agree, I was expecting the usual half arsed ITV effort, but I was pleasantly suprised.  Very harrowing in parts.