watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Damien Duff

Started by mattiesafer, September 04, 2011, 12:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Regardless of whether Duff plays or not, competition for places should bring out the best in all of them.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 04, 2011, 09:02:24 PM
Regardless of whether Duff plays or not, competition for places should bring out the best in all of them.

Unless it brings out the WORST in them....   :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014:  086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :010: :010: :010: :010: :010: :010: :010: :010: :010: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:

zzamora

Quote from: LordNelson on September 04, 2011, 02:41:53 PM
I know this is sacrilege, but we need to think about who is going to replace Murphy (who'll turn 35 in March) in the center.  He's about one Karl Henry-esque love tap away from being out for an extended period of time  (or a hamstring pull/knee strain/arthritis flare up--pick your old person poison).  Dempsey, who has more pace than he is given credit for, is not a speed demon.  I think he could potentially be a good fit there in the center with Sidwell.  You put Dembele out left where I think is his natural position, Duff on the right, and Zamora & Ruiz up front.  I'm not really sure, however, where Jol thinks Ruiz is supposed to go.  He hasn't really been described as an out & out striker.

Ruiz  Zamora
Dembele Dempsey Sidwell Duff

played 1 season for twente as striker=24 goals.

i think its safe to say he can play upfront.

LordNelson

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on September 04, 2011, 02:49:40 PM
I know this is sacrilege, but we need to think about who is going to replace Murphy (who'll turn 35 in March) in the center.  He's about one Karl Henry-esque love tap away from being out for an extended period of time  (or a hamstring pull/knee strain/arthritis flare up--pick your old person poison).  Dempsey, who has more pace than he is given credit for, is not a speed demon.  I think he could potentially be a good fit there in the center with Sidwell.  You put Dembele out left where I think is his natural position, Duff on the right, and Zamora & Ruiz up front.  I'm not really sure, however, where Jol thinks Ruiz is supposed to go.  He hasn't really been described as an out & out striker.

Ruiz  Zamora

I agree with almost every word,the only problem with that is Clint goes wandering because he wants to be involved in everything,as a mid fielder you have to hold your line and not leave spaces.I would like to see him given a go in the holding midfield role I just don't think he has the positional discipline  to play there.

I know what you mean.  I would hope that added/changed responsibility would instill some positional discipline.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ImperialWhite

I think Duff has been the best performing player so far, this season.

HatterDon

Quote from: ImperialWhite on September 04, 2011, 09:59:54 PM
I think Duff has been the best performing player so far, this season.

He certainly has the most fire.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Drake44444

The team has scored 1 goal in 3 games and it was a set piece.  In my opinion nobody is untouchable in the lineup right now.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Have you not considered that, for the next year at least, there is room for both Ruiz and the little scamp ??? ...........................

but maybe we should not go there  eh  064.gif  10 Clint posts will follow  064.gif

malcbridger

Duff deserves his place and has been arguably our most consistent player so far this season. Now we have more strength in depth, Jol's possible permeatations re: selection and tactics should be interesting. Form wise, Dembele has been disappointing, but he has had injury problems. Much depends on where Jol will play Bryan Ruiz. A 4-4-1-1 may be an option playing behind Zamora, all will be revealed on Sunday? Our bench will look the strongest for some time with the likes of Senderos/Hughes, Baird/Grygera, Kasami, Gecov/sidwell/Etuhu, Sa (at a guess). Onwards an upwards.

AlFayedsChequebook

I have no doubt that Jol rates Duff highly, and rightly so.

Dembele will have to work hard to get back in the squad full time now that we have added Ruiz to the ranks.

The good thing is we have lots of squad depth

aFFCn_Fan

I know this is sacrilege, but we need to think about who is going to replace Murphy (who'll turn 35 in March) in the center.  He's about one Karl Henry-esque love tap away from being out for an extended period of time  (or a hamstring pull/knee strain/arthritis flare up--pick your old person poison).  Dempsey, who has more pace than he is given credit for, is not a speed demon.  I think he could potentially be a good fit there in the center with Sidwell.  You put Dembele out left where I think is his natural position, Duff on the right, and Zamora & Ruiz up front.  I'm not really sure, however, where Jol thinks Ruiz is supposed to go.  He hasn't really been described as an out & out striker.

Ruiz  Zamora

I agree with almost every word,the only problem with that is Clint goes wandering because he wants to be involved in everything,as a mid fielder you have to hold your line and not leave spaces.I would like to see him given a go in the holding midfield role I just don't think he has the positional discipline  to play there.

These thoughts crossed my mind only this morning. Who is Murphy's natural understudy? I wouldn't mind giving Baird a run in that central position, especially without having seen what Gecov really offers.
@hincharoo

Jack Fulham

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on September 05, 2011, 11:13:02 AM
I know this is sacrilege, but we need to think about who is going to replace Murphy (who'll turn 35 in March) in the center.  He's about one Karl Henry-esque love tap away from being out for an extended period of time  (or a hamstring pull/knee strain/arthritis flare up--pick your old person poison).  Dempsey, who has more pace than he is given credit for, is not a speed demon.  I think he could potentially be a good fit there in the center with Sidwell.  You put Dembele out left where I think is his natural position, Duff on the right, and Zamora & Ruiz up front.  I'm not really sure, however, where Jol thinks Ruiz is supposed to go.  He hasn't really been described as an out & out striker.

Ruiz  Zamora

These thoughts crossed my mind only this morning. Who is Murphy's natural understudy? I wouldn't mind giving Baird a run in that central position, especially without having seen what Gecov really offers.

I don't think we have a natural understudy for Murphy, Baird is the next best thing in his role. Finding a replacement for Murphy should be our top priority in the next two transfer windows. I also don't think Clint has the passing ability to play in Murphy's role.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 05, 2011, 11:32:38 AM
Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on September 05, 2011, 11:13:02 AM

Ruiz  Zamora

I don't think we have a natural understudy for Murphy, Baird is the next best thing in his role. Finding a replacement for Murphy should be our top priority in the next two transfer windows. I also don't think Clint has the passing ability to play in Murphy's role.

I agree that given half a chance Baird could excel as one of the holding 2 in a 4-2-3-1.  Doubt we will see it though....