watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Call For Limit To Internationals

Started by White Noise, September 07, 2011, 07:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

It is a complicated issue today because of multi national teams with players from different continents. Back in th 70s and 80s I went to a LOT of internationals, both Scotland (my team) and England (because I lived in London and they used to play good football). Friendlies were very competitive, played at an excellent pace and they would use ONE SUB at the most. By substituting almost a whole team, there is no rythm to the game, continuity, passion or anything for that matter. They are exhibition games now (which cost a ridiculous amount to get in).

Players from idfferent continents is a real problem. We do not want to see Dempsey have to travel the atlantic twice in a few days to play a friendly in USA. Then there is the African nations, smack in the middle of the European season.
Who thought up that one? I guess the same people who want to play a world cup in the middle east in mid summer!!

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MrFantastic on September 07, 2011, 06:25:29 PM
These players don't even work every day. They go to training and play games that is it. What is so hard and when they reach the age of 35 they have so much money that they don't have to work if they played for these top clubs. Uefa already pays teams that qualify for champions league and europa cup to compete these teams want more money. This is the way it had been forever changing when the games are played is also pointless. Leave the way it is. They already changed it that qualifying games are played on friday so away supporters can't go watch their country play great idea not. What these people want is that only rich and powerfull countries play world cup and euro every time. I support bayern also but rummenage should shut up. his money scheme to create a top club league only will fail. How would this league work only clubs with a lot of money could play. People can't let this happen because if it does there would be no  more international games because they would probably create a bylaw that players do not play for their countries. There would also be no small teams like fulham or division 1 and the rest of those teams. There would be no fa cup and there would be no small teams beating big teams. Only big teams would play. If we let them change international games they will try to change everything. Not to forget is that countries invest a lot of money in their players development when they are young. Why would small countries invest in their football players when they know there is no international games or it is so hard to qualify for any tournement. I support expanding euro to 24 teams and world cup is 32 that is good. More countries have a chance to qualify and we get to see some good players that we wouldn't see otherwise like those players from north korea in the world cup and other countries like ivory coast there.

This post has changed my view on the whole thing. Completely agree. Tbh, I find internationals poo because England usually play poo.

nevzter

Quote from: jarv on September 08, 2011, 01:01:36 AM
I guess the same people who want to play a world cup in the middle east in mid summer!!

The fact this will take place still blows my mind.  What the hell?  Seriously, what the hell?

I'm thinking a resolution could be reached wherein clubs can hold back "X" players (albeit to the detriment of the internationals) per each friendly date.  Continental tournaments and/or "official" matches, I would hope, could be spared the club rule over players.  However, as stated above, big clubs continue to increase their clout (as seen by the clubs' recent comments...and I'm not so sure a "Super League" would fail given a global marketplace). 

On the other hand, flying first class across bodies of water and continents within a couple of days isn't akin to putting in a 20 hour day in the mines either.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

jarv

With all the long haul flights, you can add "deep vein thrombosis" to the injury list. :005:

ax837077

These players don't even work every day. They go to training and play games that is it. What is so hard and when they reach the age of 35 they have so much money that they don't have to work if they played for these top clubs. Uefa already pays teams that qualify for champions league and europa cup to compete these teams want more money. This is the way it had been forever changing when the games are played is also pointless. Leave the way it is. They already changed it that qualifying games are played on friday so away supporters can't go watch their country play great idea not. What these people want is that only rich and powerfull countries play world cup and euro every time. I support bayern also but rummenage should shut up. his money scheme to create a top club league only will fail. How would this league work only clubs with a lot of money could play. People can't let this happen because if it does there would be no  more international games because they would probably create a bylaw that players do not play for their countries. There would also be no small teams like fulham or division 1 and the rest of those teams. There would be no fa cup and there would be no small teams beating big teams. Only big teams would play. If we let them change international games they will try to change everything. Not to forget is that countries invest a lot of money in their players development when they are young. Why would small countries invest in their football players when they know there is no international games or it is so hard to qualify for any tournement. I support expanding euro to 24 teams and world cup is 32 that is good. More countries have a chance to qualify and we get to see some good players that we wouldn't see otherwise like those players from north korea in the world cup and other countries like ivory coast there.
I assume by hard you mean that job you go to where you sit at your desk, pop open FOF or chat with your office mates, that is the difficult job you are talking about.  I have always loved how people knock professional athletes, because they make more money than the "average" joe.  As if the "average" player makes millions a year.  Knocking a footballer or all the footballers because they have talent to be where they are reeks of jealousy.  If anyone one of you that seem to share this view could trade places with the very players you knock, you would.  I definitely would.  Plus unless one does real true manual labor, your job/employment is not that tough.

As for the amount of friendlies, I think there is a bit too many international matches and they are definitely conducted at the worst times.  Nothing seems more aggravating to player and club than having an injury occur during an unimportant discovery friendly.

Burt

Quote from: ax837077 on September 08, 2011, 08:38:46 PM
These players don't even work every day. They go to training and play games that is it. What is so hard and when they reach the age of 35 they have so much money that they don't have to work if they played for these top clubs. Uefa already pays teams that qualify for champions league and europa cup to compete these teams want more money. This is the way it had been forever changing when the games are played is also pointless. Leave the way it is. They already changed it that qualifying games are played on friday so away supporters can't go watch their country play great idea not. What these people want is that only rich and powerfull countries play world cup and euro every time. I support bayern also but rummenage should shut up. his money scheme to create a top club league only will fail. How would this league work only clubs with a lot of money could play. People can't let this happen because if it does there would be no  more international games because they would probably create a bylaw that players do not play for their countries. There would also be no small teams like fulham or division 1 and the rest of those teams. There would be no fa cup and there would be no small teams beating big teams. Only big teams would play. If we let them change international games they will try to change everything. Not to forget is that countries invest a lot of money in their players development when they are young. Why would small countries invest in their football players when they know there is no international games or it is so hard to qualify for any tournement. I support expanding euro to 24 teams and world cup is 32 that is good. More countries have a chance to qualify and we get to see some good players that we wouldn't see otherwise like those players from north korea in the world cup and other countries like ivory coast there.
I assume by hard you mean that job you go to where you sit at your desk, pop open FOF or chat with your office mates, that is the difficult job you are talking about.  I have always loved how people knock professional athletes, because they make more money than the "average" joe.  As if the "average" player makes millions a year.  Knocking a footballer or all the footballers because they have talent to be where they are reeks of jealousy.  If anyone one of you that seem to share this view could trade places with the very players you knock, you would.  I definitely would.  Plus unless one does real true manual labor, your job/employment is not that tough.

It's not a question of jealousy.

It is a question of value and equity.

Take Chris Smalling. He is only just kicked off his professional career and is already on £25k a week.

Experienced nurses in the middle of their career can expect to earn £27k a year.

Sorry but that is absurd.

ax837077

Quote from: Burt on September 08, 2011, 09:11:42 PM

Take Chris Smalling. He is only just kicked off his professional career and is already on £25k a week.

Experienced nurses in the middle of their career can expect to earn £27k a year.

I don't see you queing up to watch a nurse work.  I definately don't pay 1,000 a season to watch someone pushing a pencil around a piece of paper.  Whether you see the value and equity, Smalling is paid what the market will bear for him.  If you see an inequality I suggest you stop honoring these "over-paid" beginners through your patronage and go pay to cheer on the hard-working nurses of the world.  I am sorry, this still reeks of jealousy. 

IMO anyone can nurse can anyone shutdown Van Persie?  Seem to me that the line was similarly used back in the day.  Except the player used was Matthews.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: ax837077 on September 08, 2011, 10:26:27 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 08, 2011, 09:11:42 PM

I don't see you queing up to watch a nurse work.  I definately don't pay 1,000 a season to watch someone pushing a pencil around a piece of paper.  Whether you see the value and equity, Smalling is paid what the market will bear for him.  If you see an inequality I suggest you stop honoring these "over-paid" beginners through your patronage and go pay to cheer on the hard-working nurses of the world.  I am sorry, this still reeks of jealousy. 

IMO anyone can nurse can anyone shutdown Van Persie?  Seem to me that the line was similarly used back in the day.  Except the player used was Matthews.

I'm sorry, but when there are hungry people in the world, or children working all day in a factory, or people who can't afford higher education, or can't afford healthcare, then anyone earning 25k a week is frankly sick.

I don't care that a nurse isn't entertaining to watch (same goes for kids working in factories, or a working class kid who wants to go to university, the guy who can't afford healthcare).

That said -  084.gif - this thread is meant to be about international football!

ax837077

I'm sorry, but when there are hungry people in the world, or children working all day in a factory, or people who can't afford higher education, or can't afford healthcare, then anyone earning 25k a week is frankly sick.

I don't care that a nurse isn't entertaining to watch (same goes for kids working in factories, or a working class kid who wants to go to university, the guy who can't afford healthcare).

That said -  084.gif - this thread is meant to be about international football!
[/quote]

Yet, you decided to retort to my statement.  There is a word for that.  It is the same word for those who pay for the entertainment then cry foul.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: ax837077 on September 08, 2011, 11:01:14 PM
Yet, you decided to retort to my statement.  There is a word for that.  It is the same word for those who pay for the entertainment then cry foul.

S001.gif

Aren't Germany good? I think they might just win Euro 2012 you know.

Mr_Moon

Why on earth do people compare footballers to nurses? We aren't all paid by the same employer.

HatterDon

Chris Smalling gets the money he gets because he plays for [and contributes significantly to] the 2nd best football team in the world. I would say to Manchester-based nurses and teachers what I've said to American educators over here: When you can get 75,000 people to pay an average of 50 quid a ticket to watch you [suture a wound/conjugate a verb], then you'll get the same money Smalling gets.

I love teachers and nurses and, of course, I think they're more important than any athlete amateur or professional. Having said that, I'm not spending two years worth of savings to fly over to London next week to watch either of them work.

Apples and oranges.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Apples and apples...

It's just that the world of football has become bloated and disconnected from reality far more than any other profession I can think of.

And the irony is that in supporting the whites and in paying my monthly Sky subscription I am feeding a system that has led to stupidly high transfer fees and obscene weekly wages for players that do not reflect the complexity of what they do, the skills required to do it, and the value it provides to society, relative to other professions.

I am not jealous, as I believe I get fair pay for what I do.

I am just amazed that people who spend 180 minutes a week playing football, 3 days a week training, and the rest doing advertising endorsements, sitting in front of a Playstation, roasting in car parks (allegedly, of course) etc. get paid the amount they do.

The average premiership footballer wage per year is £670k.

The Prime Minister gets £190k per year.

Only one of those is a tough job.

Anyhow, to Mr IW's point, I think Spain will win Euro 2012.

King_Crud

Plus unless one does real true manual labor, your job/employment is not that tough.

WALOB