https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (07/09/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 07, 2011, 06:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dalla Valle scores for Finland U21s
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 6, 2011

Fulham's Lauri Dalla Valle scored as Finland's under 21s secured their second successive victory in their European Championship qualifying against Malta.

Dalla Valle, currently on loan at Dundee United, opened the scoring after ten minutes by converting Rasmus Schüller's cross and Roope Riski doubled the visitors advantage just before half-time. Malta, who were reduced to ten men when Mark Scerri was dismissed for a dangerous challenge on Riski, did set up a nervy finish when Terence Vella halved their arrears with a terrific chip but Finland held on for the three points.

The victory sends Finland second with seven points from three games and Mika Laurikainen's side face Finland next on October 10th.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/09/dalla-valle-scores-for-finland-u21s/?

WhiteJC

Republic hang on in Russia
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 6, 2011

A gritty defensive performance saw the Republic of Ireland somehow keep Russia at bay in their crucial Euro 2012 qualifier in Moscow this afternoon.

Giovanni Trapattoni selected Stephen Kelly at right back as a replacement for the injured John O'Shea and kept faith with Damien Duff in midfield. But the Fulham winger saw little of the ball and was eventually substituted midway the second half as the Russians started at a blistering pace taking the game to the visitors on their artificial pitch. The Irish were indebted to the Aston Villa pair of Shay Given and Richard Dunne as they escaped with a point to keep their qualifying hopes alive.

Given, who has started the season in top form with his club, produced three brilliant saves – including an excellent stop from Konstantin Zyryanov with two minutes to play – as the Republic left Russia with a point for the first time in their history. Dunne, who braved a painful blow to the head, was superb at the heart of the Irish defence and threw himself in front of goalbound shots from Igor Semshov and Roman Shirokov.

This was Ireland's seventh consecutive clean sheet and the point puts Trapattoni's side second in Group B temporarily, a point clear of Slovakia, who face Armenia later this evening.

RUSSIA (4-4-2): Malafeev, Aniukov, Vasili Berezutsky, Ignashevich, Alexei Berezutsky, Zhirkov (Bilyaletdinov 76), Semshov, Shirokov, Zyryanov, Kerzhakov (Pavlyuchenko 54), Arshavin. Subs (not used): Shunin, Pogrebniak, Torbinsky, Glushakov, Shishkin.

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (4-4-2): Given; Kelly, Dunne, O'Dea, Ward; McGeady, Whelan, Andrews, Duff (Hunt 67); Doyle (Cox 59), Keane. Subs (not used): Westwood, Foley, Delaney, Lawrence, McCarthy.

REFEREE: Felix Brych (Germany).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/09/republic-hang-on-in-russia/?

WhiteJC

Fulham defends ticket 'chaos' at friendly

Fulham yesterday defended ticketing arrangements at Craven Cottage for the international friendly in which Brazil beat Ghana 1-0 on Monday night. Thousands of fans arrived before kick-off to collect pre-ordered tickets but were greeted by chaotic scenes.

Fulham seemingly miscalculated demand, with only four members of staff on duty to check emails and credit-card details, and no police presence. A Fulham spokesman said: "A large proportion of the crowd arrived late and without tickets, and those with tickets remained on the streets, causing a congestion... However, the majority of fans eventually entered safely."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/fulham-defends-ticket-chaos-at-friendly-2350213.html?

WhiteJC

Ruiz receives work permit
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 7, 2011

Bryan Ruiz has received his work permit and his flew back to London on Tuesday evening in order to train with his Fulham team-mates this morning.

The Costa Rican winger had expected to remain in Madrid, where he was training with two members of Fulham's fitness staff while he waited for the British Embassy to finalise the documentation for his work permit, until tomorrow or Thursday but received a phone call telling him that he had been approved for a provisional work permit.

Ruiz told his official website of his delight:

I have wanted to have my first training with the group, and I signed a week ago and I could not train, but I hope to do the training tomorrow. Obviously, I'm a little anxious to start a new club in a top league.

The player himself believes there is 'no downside' ahead of a potential Fulham debut against Blackburn on Sunday, but the final decision will rest with Martin Jol, who must decide whether to throw Ruiz straight in at the weekend after only a few days of full training.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/09/ruiz-receives-work-permit/?

White Noise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14804759.stm

Rafik Halliche and Darnel Situ wait for Swansea City clearance

Page last updated at 11:58 GMT, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 12:58 UK

Rafik Halliche has won 21 caps for Algeria Swansea City are awaiting clearance for their transfer deadline day signings Rafik Halliche and Darnel Situ.

The Swans agreed a four-month loan deal for Fulham centre-back Halliche, 25, and a £250,000 permanent deal for Situ, 19, from French club Lens on 31 August.

Swansea hope both will be available for their Premier League trip to Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

But Fede Bessone's deadline-day arrival from Leeds has been completed after Fifa granted international clearance.

Defender Bessone, 27, was released from his Elland Road contract to return to the Liberty Stadium, signing a two-year deal after 12 months at Leeds.

But the Premier League newcomers are still anxiously waiting for clarification from the footballing authorities regarding the completion of Halliche and Situ's signings.

Swansea insist their required paperwork was submitted well before Wednesday's 2300 BST transfer deadline.

But such was the unprecedented volume of transfer activity throughout Europe on the final day of the summer transfer window, Fifa have a backlog of transfers to confirm.

The Premier League is also required to approve Swansea's new signings.

SWANSEA'S START TO THE SEASONContinue reading the main story
15 Aug: Man City 4-0 Swansea

20 Aug: Swansea 0-0 Wigan

27 Aug: Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
BBC Sport understands the league has written a letter of support for Swansea that the Football Association of Wales can use in evidence to Fifa that the Swans have adhered to Premier League transfer rules.

Swansea did suffer international clearance disappointment from Fifa when David Edgar's proposed move from Burnley collapsed in January.

Swans boss Brendan Rodgers wants Algeria centre-back Halliche and French teenager Situ, who signed a two-year deal, to be cleared as Swansea have little defensive cover.

Captain Garry Monk is still short of match fitness as the centre-back recovers from a foot problem while Alan Tate is out for six months after breaking his left leg.

Rodgers' only back-up to his first-choice backline are youngsters Daniel Alfei and Joe Walsh, both 19, although Walsh himself has a groin problem.

Algeria international Halliche has played just twice for Fulham since joining in August 2010.

Meanwhile, Swansea's home match with Stoke City has been put back 24 hours to Sunday, 2 October as Tony Pulis' men will be in Europa League action on the previous Thursday.

White Noise

Fulham reject fan claims of crush outside Craven Cottage before Brazil's friendly win

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 4:50 PM on 6th September 2011

Fulham have hit back at suggestions they were ill-prepared for the international friendly between Brazil and Ghana after fans claimed they were crushed outside the ground when collecting tickets.

Craven Cottage played host the high-profile friendly - won 1-0 by the South Americans thanks to Leandro Damiao's goal - and attracted a larger than expected crowd, many of whom had arranged collection of tickets on site.

Thousands packed the streets around the ground  shortly before kick off, but were met by chaotic scenes and just four members of staff on duty to check emails and credit card details.

Samba style: Brazil's Leandro Damiao scored the winning goal, but some fans were left angry
One eyewitness claimed: 'There was no queuing system, no barriers and for a long time, no police presence. There were, however, a lot of crushed people. I was pretty concerned.

'At one point, stewards were forced through the crowd in a bid to get a fainting victim out of the crush.'

They added in the Evening Standard: 'At 8.35pm, having been in the crush since 7.20pm, I gave up and left. I will be seeking a refund.'

Main event: The game is part of Brazil's extended tour of the world for friendlies
Fulham, though, released a statement claiming that a 'carnival atmosphere' outside the ground led to issues that arose.

It continued: 'A large proportion of the crowd arrived late and without tickets, and those with tickets chose not to enter the stadium and remained on the streets, causing a period of congestion prior to kick off around ticket collection points and turnstiles.

'However, the majority of fans eventually entered safely and without further issues.'

Meanwhile, new signing Zdenek Grygera admits the chance to play in the Barclays Premier League was too big an opportunity to turn down.

The 31-year-old Czech defender was one of three first-team reinforcements brought in by Martin Jol on deadline day, along with Twente's Bryan Ruiz and Portuguese striker Orlando Sa.

Grygera joins the west Londoners after a spell with Juventus and admitted he cannot wait to get his first taste of English football.

'In the short time that I've been at Fulham I must say that everyone, from the players to staff, has been very welcoming,' he told the club's official website. 'I feel really good and at home already. I'm really happy that I'm able to write another page in my career and experience something new.

Ready for action: Zdenek Grygera joined Fulham late in August
'I think that I can bring a lot of experience to the team. I hope that everything will work out well here and that I will be able to provide something to the team.

'After having played for Ajax and Juventus, what's important for me now is to get used to English football and everything that is required from me to play well.

'The opportunity to play in the Premier League is a big thing for me. Now I want to concentrate on being here and doing well for Fulham in the Premier League.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034380/Fulham-reject-fan-claims-crush-outside-Craven-Cottage-Brazils-friendly-win.html#ixzz1XFGjRBKP

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7154047,00.html

Grygera settled at Fulham

New signing eyeing home debut

Last Updated: September 6, 2011 4:31pm

Fulham summer signing Zdenek Grygera has revealed he feels at home at the club already and can not wait to get his career started in English football.

The 31-year-old made a deadline day move to Fulham on a free transfer after Italian side Juventus agreed to terminate the final year of his contract.

The Czech Republic defender, who has 53 caps for his country, has signed a one-year deal with Martin Jol's men with the option of a 12-month extension.

Grygera began training with his new tram-mates this week and admits he can not wait to make his debut against Blackburn on Saturday.

Live on Sky Sports
vs Fulham v Blackburn
September 11, 2011 3:30pm

"In the short time that I've been at Fulham I must say that everyone, from the players to staff, has been very welcoming, I feel really good and at home already," Grygera told the club's official website.

"I think that I can bring a lot of experience to the team. I hope that everything will work out well here and that I will be able to provide something to the team.

"The opportunity to play in the Premier League is a big thing for me. Now I want to concentrate on being here and doing well for Fulham in the Premier League.

"There is a lot of quality in the squad. There are a few new players in the squad and you are always going to need a bit of time to settle in but we'll try to do this as quickly as possible.

"We all want to prepare well for our next match against Blackburn. I'm looking forward to being involved in games and discovering for myself the atmosphere."

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/west-ham-given-seal-approval-new-signing-diop-1866121?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

West Ham given seal of approval from new signing Diop

06.09.11 | Dave Williams

West Ham signing Papa Bouba Diop is confident the Hammers will get
back into the Premier League at the first attempt.

The 33-year-old former Fulham and Portsmouth midfielder, returned to
English football following a spell at AEK Athens.

"I am confident we can be promoted because we have quality players.
They are Premier League players," he told the club`s official
website.

Diop has no problems with playing in the Championship.

"There are a lot of games in the Championship, two or three a week,
but I am focused on getting stronger and helping the team pick up
points every time we play.

"I will work hard. The Championship is more demanding than the Premier
League and it is different but I want to play."

WhiteJC

New boy has lots to offer Cottagers

New Fulham signing Zdenek Grygera admits the chance to play in the Premier League was too big an opportunity to turn down.

The 31-year-old Czech defender was one of three first-team reinforcements brought in by Martin Jol on deadline day, along with Twente's Bryan Ruiz and Portuguese striker Orlando Sa.

Grygera joins the west Londoners after a spell with Juventus and cannot wait to get his first taste of English football.

"In the short time that I've been at Fulham I must say that everyone, from the players to staff, has been very welcoming," he told the club's official website. "I feel really good and at home already.

"I'm really happy that I'm able to write another page in my career and experience something new. I think that I can bring a lot of experience to the team. I hope that everything will work out well here and that I will be able to provide something to the team.

"After having played for Ajax and Juventus, what's important for me now is to get used to English football and everything that is required from me to play well. The opportunity to play in the Premier League is a big thing for me. Now I want to concentrate on being here and doing well for Fulham in the Premier League."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/new-boy-has-lots-to-offer-cottagers-1279030.html?

WhiteJC

Striker gets green light for Cottage switch

Bryan Ruiz could make his Fulham debut against Blackburn on Saturday after securing a work permit to complete his move on Tuesday.

The Costa Rican striker, who joined the Cottagers in a £10.6million move from Dutch side FC Twente on transfer deadline day, had been forced to wait in Madrid to finalise the documentation for his work permit.

However, while it was thought Ruiz would not get the green light to return to Fulham until Wednesday or Thursday, he received a call on Tuesday evening and immediately flew to London.

It means Ruiz, who has been training with two members of Fulham's fitness staff while he waited for his clearance at the British Embassy, can link up with boss Martin Jol and his new team-mates. And he is also in contention to face Blackburn when the Premier League resumes this weekend.

Ruiz told the club's official website: "I have wanted to have my first training with the group, and I signed a week ago and I could not train, but I hope to do the training tomorrow [Wednesday]. Obviously, I'm a little anxious to start a new club in a top league."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/striker-gets-green-light-for-cottage-switch-1279055.html?

WhiteJC

Top of the Table

Fulham's Mark Schwarzer has certainly enjoyed a successful international period over the past week, with Australia securing maximum points from their two AFC World Cup Qualifying matches against Thailand and Saudi Arabia.

Following last week's 2-1 win over Thailand, Australia secured a further three points against Saudi Arabia in Dammam on Tuesday night to secure top spot in Group D.

Two goals from Josh Kennedy set the Socceroos on their way in Dammam before the hosts replied through Nasser Al Shamrani. Luke Wilkshire extended Australia's lead with a late penalty that made it two wins from two for the Qantas Socceroos.

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer played in both matches and will now return to SW6 ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League match against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/SchwarzerInternationalReview.aspx?#ixzz1XHngXkhp

WhiteJC

Kelly & Duff On Course

Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly played their part in an incredible defensive performance by the Republic of Ireland against Russia on Tuesday night that secured what could turn out to be a decisive UEFA 2012 qualifying point.

Russia were on the offensive throughout the content but a marvellous defensive display by the Republic of Ireland compensated for the disappointment of last Friday's draw with Slovakia in Dublin.

Stephen Kelly played the full 90 minutes whilst Damien Duff was replaced by Stephen Hunt after 67 minutes.

Ireland's Euro 2012 dream is alive and kicking with ambitions of making the final tournament in Poland/Ukraine next year now hanging on their ability to defeat Andorra (7 October) and Armenia (11 October) in their final two matches.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/KellyDuffOnCourse.aspx?#ixzz1XHnuxlmr

WhiteJC

Dempsey in Action

Fulham team-mates Clint Dempsey and Mousa Dembele  did not get the chance to play against each other on Tuesday night when the USA met Belgium in Brussels.

Whilst Dempsey played the full 90 minutes, Dembele was an unused substitute for Belgium. It was the hosts that claimed victory, with Nicolas Lombaert's 55th minute goal securing a 1-0 win.

USA star Dempsey was playing his first competitive match under new manager Jurgen Klinsmann and despite the loss the Fulham man was in positive mood as he looked forward to continuing his international football education under the German legend.   

"We played some good soccer at times," said Dempsey after the match. "We responded well after the goal and we were always looking like we were going to get the next one to equalise.

"We were unlucky not to end the game 1-1 and I don't know why [Maurice Edu's] goal was called back. We have to keep moving forward, keep working on things.

It's my first game with the new coach and I'm looking forward to getting more time in training to work with him so I can help the team more."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/BelgiumvUSA.aspx?#ixzz1XHo4rQ55

WhiteJC

Pantsil emotional on Fulham return in Brazil friendly

Ex-Fulham favourite John Pantsil was emotional about Ghana's friendly against Brazil on Monday as he returned to the venue where he his loved by the fans.

The right-back captained the Black Stars when they were beaten 1-0 by the South Americans in a friendly at Craven Cottage.

Pantsil played at the stadium for three years with the top-flight side before he was released on a free transfer at the end of last season.

His singular lap of honour won him many hearts at Fulham and also helped them to reach the final of the Europa League.

For Pantsil, Monday night's return to the ground where he played for three years was an emotional affair.

Pantsil, now at Leicester, said: "It was great. This for me is home. It's always good to be back home.

"This is the place that I started to improve my game and I was so excited to come back and play."

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/pantsil-emotional-on-fulham-return-in-brazil-friendly/?wpmp_switcher=desktop

WhiteJC

Euro Loss

Aaron Hughes and Chris Baird suffered bitter disappointment in Tallinn on Tuesday night as Northern Ireland's Euro 2012 dream was effectively ended as Estonia defeated Nigel Worthington's team by four goals to one.

Northern Ireland desperately needed a win on Tuesday night but the team and 1200 supporters who had made the journey left Tallinn knowing their chances of appearing at next summer's Finals are as good as over. Fulham defenders Hughes and Baird both played the full match.

Now residing in fifth place in Group C on nine points, any lingering hopes of qualification rest on Northern Ireland achieving maximum points against Estonia (h) and Italy (a) and second placed Serbia slipping up against Italy and Slovenia.

Estonia (3rd) and Slovenia (4th) also hold ground on Northern Ireland when the final stages of qualification take place in October.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/NorthernIrelandEuroReview.aspx?#ixzz1XHohC3CQ

WhiteJC

Riise Returns

Fulham defender John Arne Riise returned to action for Norway on Tuesday evening after recovering from a recent injury picked up during Fulham's UEFA Europa League match against FC Dnipro on the 25th August.

The left back played for just over an hour in Copenhagen as Norway were defeated 2-0 by hosts Denmark in a Euro 2012 qualifier. Team-mate Brede Hangeland played the full 90 minutes.

A brace from Nicklas Bendtner secured all three points for the home side. The result makes Norway's qualification hopes for Euro 2012 considerably more complicated.

Egil Olsen's side now need Denmark or Portugal to slip up in their next games if they are to have anything to play for against Cyprus on October 11th, when the top two in the group also meet.

Speaking after the game, Brede Hangeland could not hide his disappointment after his team suffered a major setback in thier bid to reach the Euro 2012 Finals next summer.

"We didn't play anywhere near as well as we wanted to play, and that is a big disappointment, but there is not much we can do about that now," said the Fulham defender.

"That's probably the worst we've played in a few years. Why this happened I don't know. We need to win our last game, and then we will have to see the other results. Maybe someone can help us a little bit."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/NorwayReport.aspx?#ixzz1XHpJajua

WhiteJC

Red Lawrie Yellow Lawrie

Man, you stick up for someone then they let you down badly.

Lawrie Sanchez, last night:

"Nigel has had enough cracks at it. Everybody sees the writing is on the wall," said Sanchez.

"He is not doing an exceptional job. It's not happening. It has got worse rather than better.

"Everybody realises it is time for a change."

Sanchez said he would be keen to return to the role should the Irish Football Association decide to sack Worthington.

"I have always said I would like to finish what I started," he told Radio Ulster.

"I would like the opportunity. I would like to return to Northern Ireland in the future."

Ouch.  Here are some words from Ken Kesey:

When people ask me about LSD, I always make a point of telling them you can have the poo scared out of you with LSD because it exposes something, something hollow. Let's say you have been getting on your knees and bowing and worshiping; suddenly, you take LSD and you look and there's just a hole, there's nothing there. The Catholic Church fills this hole with candles and flowers and litanies and opulence. The Protestant Church fills it with hand-wringing and pumped-up squeezing emotions because they can't afford the flowers and the candles. The Jews fill this hole with weeping and browbeating and beseeching of the sky: How long, how long are you gonna treat us like this? The Muslims fill it with rigidity and guns and a militant ethos. But all of us know that's not what is supposed to be in that hole. After I had been at Stanford two years, I was into LSD. I began to see that the books I thought were the true accounting books—my grades, how I'd done in other schools, how I'd performed at jobs, whether I had paid off my car or not—were not at all the true books. There were other books that were being kept, real books. In those real books is the real accounting of your life.

And the mind says, Oh, this is titillating. So you want to take some more LSD and see what else is there. And soon I had the experience that everyone who's ever dabbled in psychedelics has. A big hand grabs you by the back of the neck, and you hear a voice saying, So you want to see the books. OK, here are the books. And it pushes your face right down into all of your cruelties and all of your meanness, all the times that you have been insensitive, intolerant, racist, sexist. It's all there, and you read it. That's what you're really stuck with. You can't take your nose up off the books. You hate them.

You hate who you are. You hate the fact that somebody has been keeping track, just as you feared. You hate it, but you can't move your arms for eight hours. Before you take any acid again you start trying to juggle the books. You start trying to be a little better person. Then you get the surprise. The next thing that happens is that you're leaning over looking at the books and you feel the lack of the hand at the back of your neck. The thing that was forcing you to look at the books is no longer there. There's only a big hollow, the great American wild hollow, which is scarier than hell, scarier than purgatory or Satan.

Lawrie wants to bear this in mind.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/red-lawrie-yellow-lawrie/?

WhiteJC

Fulham new boy ready for debut

Fulham's new signing Bryan Ruiz could make his debut against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday after securing a work permit to complete his move.

The striker joined the Cottagers in a £10.6million move from FC Twente on the last day of the transfer window, but had to wait in Madrid to finalise the work permit.

The 26-year-old Costa Rican was surprised to receive the green light yesterday, as it was thought it would be delayed to Wednesday or Thursday.

Ruiz can now link up with boss Martin Jol and his new team-mates, after training with two members of Fulham's fitness staff.

"I have wanted to have my first training with the group, and I signed a week ago and I could not train, but I hope to do the training tomorrow [Wednesday]. Obviously, I'm a little anxious to start a new club in a top league," he told the club's official website.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_new_boy_ready_for_debut_1_1015833?

WhiteJC

Fit & Ready

Having trained with his new team for the first time on Wednesday morning Bryan Ruiz indicated that he is here to make a difference.

The 26-year-old completed his move to Fulham on the final day of the summer transfer window and whilst his signing was met with much excitement, the Costa Rican forward had to spend part of the past week in Madrid finalising his work permit.

"It has been a bit of a wait for me, but now it's all done I can finally concentrate on my new team," he told fulhamfc.com. "It was nice to take part in my first training session earlier today, I had been waiting to get out there with my new team-mates.

"It's a really good group of players and although some are still on their way back from international duty there was a lot of quality on show. I had heard so many good things about the Club and today I got to see a lot of that for myself.

"There were a number of things that attracted me to Fulham. Of course, there was the chance to play in the Premier League and for a manager that I have a lot of respect for. I know the way he [Martin Jol] works and I'm confident that I can do all that he wants me to.

"There were other clubs that showed an interest, but already I know that I made the right decision. This is a very personal club and from the moment I spoke with them I felt wanted – and that is important."

A player of game-changing talent and one that can play down the flanks or through the middle, Ruiz has all the attributes to suggest he could become a very important figure at Craven Cottage.

"I know that a lot is expected of me," he admitted. "But I'm here to make a difference – I want to do all I can for Fulham. This is an exciting challenge for me, possibly the biggest of my career so far. I have signed for a team that is continuing to grow and one that offers so many possibilities.

"The Club paid a lot of money for me, I know that, but it is a responsibility I am willing to carry. I will react positively and hopefully I can take the chance that I have been given."

Whether Ruiz makes his Fulham debut and Cottage bow against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure – the former FC Twente man is determined to make an impact.

He added: "I would love to be involved on Sunday, by which point I would have had a good few days of training with the team behind me. I'm hopeful that I can play some part, but I suppose that is now down to the Manager.

"I feel fit and ready, so we will have to wait and see. I know that I came in with a good goal scoring record, but there is more to my game – something I want to show from the off."

Tickets are now on General Sale for Sunday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/RuizExclusiveInterview.aspx?#ixzz1XHqB2BEm