https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HELP WITH NFL TICKETS

Started by JBH, September 08, 2011, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Hi everyone in the USA

I will be visiting New York and Washington in November and need some advice

The Jets are at Home on Sun 13th Nov and The Redskins are at home Sun 20th Nov and I would like to get 2 tickets for either game, what are the chances and what is the best way to go about it.

082.gif

AmericanJames

Normally when im looking for tickets I like to use StubHub.com
check out these two links
http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/jets-vs-patriots-metlife-stadium-1068395/
http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-cowboys-fedexfield-1068492/

The only issue you may have is both games are big rivalries. Jets v Patriots and Redskins v Cowboys are probably two of the biggest games on the  each teams respective calendars so the tickets may be on the expensive side.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

clintclintdeuce

Scalping is really not looked down upon as it is in England so expect a hefty upcharge if theres a big game.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on September 09, 2011, 03:48:31 AM
Scalping is really not looked down upon as it is in England so expect a hefty upcharge if theres a big game.
I take it you mean touts You should bring in the English culture of hating these money grabbing leeches of society, perhaps the od slap or two may be in order, the one good thing about the scousers, is they are well known for robbing touts  :54: , and well to be honest just all round robbing  :014:

JBH

Thanks Guys I will have a look over the week-end for official ways but I wouldn't give Scalpers the time of day let alone any cash  065.gif

finnster01

For all it is worth, I use stub hub all the time and (touch wood) never had a problem (Yankees, Rangers, and soon to be Red Bulls that got hurricaned out but supposedly I can use the tix again)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

JBH

Quote from: finnster01 on September 09, 2011, 03:07:23 PM
For all it is worth, I use stub hub all the time and (touch wood) never had a problem (Yankees, Rangers, and soon to be Red Bulls that got hurricaned out but supposedly I can use the tix again)

I have look on Stub Hub and against some of the seats it has 'electronic ticket' is this sent via email as this would seem the  best option as Im buying from overseas?

finnster01

Quote from: JBH on September 09, 2011, 03:48:44 PM

I have look on Stub Hub and against some of the seats it has 'electronic ticket' is this sent via email as this would seem the  best option as Im buying from overseas?

Yes, and all you have to do is print it out and off you go mate

SoCalJoe

JBH, took at look at the schedules and both games are huge rivalry games, and thus the tickets will be extra steep. New England and the Jets on the 13th are not only arch rivals, but legitimate Super Bowl contenders. The Skins host their biggest rival, the Cowboys on the 20th. Washington has been down for a few years, but throw out the records when those two teams play. Stubhub is the best place to go, but know that just okay seats (non-nosebleeders) will probably start at $200-250 a pop, if heights aren't an issue and you just want to be in the building, it'll be less. Both games will have great atmospheres, and you couldn't go wrong either way. If forced to choose I would go to the Jets v Pats.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

JBH

Quote from: finnster01 on September 09, 2011, 04:12:07 PM
Quote from: JBH on September 09, 2011, 03:48:44 PM

Yes, and all you have to do is print it out and off you go mate

Thanks Fin much appreciated, I will give it a go tomorrow  :54:

JBH

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 09, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
JBH, took at look at the schedules and both games are huge rivalry games, and thus the tickets will be extra steep. New England and the Jets on the 13th are not only arch rivals, but legitimate Super Bowl contenders. The Skins host their biggest rival, the Cowboys on the 20th. Washington has been down for a few years, but throw out the records when those two teams play. Stubhub is the best place to go, but know that just okay seats (non-nosebleeders) will probably start at $200-250 a pop, if heights aren't an issue and you just want to be in the building, it'll be less. Both games will have great atmospheres, and you couldn't go wrong either way. If forced to choose I would go to the Jets v Pats.

Whats the view in the nose bleeds at NEW YORK like and is it easy to get to/from the stadium as I believe its a night game?

SoCalJoe

Quote from: JBH on September 09, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

Whats the view in the nose bleeds at NEW YORK like and is it easy to get to/from the stadium as I believe its a night game?

Haven't been to that stadium to be honest, hopefully someone who has been there can chime in, but it seats over 82K so those upper level seats have got to be really high up. Didn't realize it was a night game, and with that comes all the extra hours of people tailgating, and getting boozed up. I would recommend not wearing a Pats jersey. As far as getting in and out, the old Meadowlands was brutal and not sure if the situation is better for the new stadium.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

finnster01

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 09, 2011, 06:02:22 PM
Quote from: JBH on September 09, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

Haven't been to that stadium to be honest, hopefully someone who has been there can chime in, but it seats over 82K so those upper level seats have got to be really high up. Didn't realize it was a night game, and with that comes all the extra hours of people tailgating, and getting boozed up. I would recommend not wearing a Pats jersey.

I have been to both the old and the New Giant/Meadowlands stadium. The new one is very nice. Make sure you get there early and Don't miss the tailgating. It is priceless. Especially as Jets fans are totally crazy. Getting home can take time, but it is a great day out so enjoy it. Best options are the train (I don't know which direction you would be coming from). Check this link out and read the train bit: http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/transportation-faq.html
Wearing a Pats jersey in the Jets end will at best earn you a "moron of the day" award but most likely a trip to the emergency room.

As I said, experience the tailgating. The Jets fans know how to do it. They have some RV's the size of buses, grills, BBQ, chairs, beer, sausages, burgers, hot dogs, brisket,  you name it they have it. Also if they hear you are visiting (and claim allegiance to the Jets  they will take you in like a long lost brother and feed you and beers on the house)

You will have a great time mate. !!

COYW!!

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 09, 2011, 02:22:21 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on September 09, 2011, 03:48:31 AM
I take it you mean touts You should bring in the English culture of hating these money grabbing leeches of society, perhaps the od slap or two may be in order, the one good thing about the scousers, is they are well known for robbing touts  :54: , and well to be honest just all round robbing  :014:

Its harsh, but a way of life here. I was looking at some tickets for up to 8x face value for a game next week. Now the internet is a valued tool of the scalper, and widely accepted.
The Dude abides.

Neophyte

The Ravens are home in Baltimore on Nov 20th as well.  Playing the Bengals.  That is if you want to see at least one good team play on your trip.......

AmericanJames

Quote from: Neophyte on September 13, 2011, 06:15:52 PM
The Ravens are home in Baltimore on Nov 20th as well.  Playing the Bengals.  That is if you want to see at least one good team play on your trip.......

O yea, especially after the showing from Brady and the Pats last night. Obviously not a good team fp.gif
Some people are literally too stupid to insult