watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chants To Sing To Pompey If Gaddafi Jr Buys Them

Started by White Noise, January 26, 2010, 10:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What chants can we come up with to sing to the Pompey fans if the Gadaffi family buys the club?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Dictator-Gaddafi-s-son-in-talks-to-become-Portsmouth-owner-article300941.html

Dictator Gaddafi's son could be new Pompey owner

Published 01:00 26/01/10 By Alex Crook

(1) Recommend (13)

Crisis-club Portsmouth are lining up an unlikely saviour to stop them going bust – the son of Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi.

Saadi Gaddafi, president of the Libyan Football Federation, is on the verge of becoming penniless Pompey's fourth owner in only six months.

Gaddafi junior was yesterday locked in talks with representatives of Fratton Park supremo Ali Al Faraj.

Portsmouth, who are £60million in debt, hope to rush the deal through before next month's High Court hearing over a winding-up order issued by HM revenue and Customs.

A Pompey source said: "Colonel Gaddafi's son Saadi first expressed an interest in taking over from Al Faraj at the end of last year.

"That has gathered pace since the Revenue issued their winding-up order and the deal is 95 per cent done.

"Al Faraj is keen to sell because he knows he cannot afford to finance the debts and does not want his reputation in the Middle East to suffer by presiding over a club that goes bankrupt.

"Saadi is a big football fan and loves the thought of owning a Premier League team."

Gaddafi junior, 36, is a former shareholder in Italian giants Juventus. He also played as a striker for Udinese and Sampdoria, and captained the Libyan national team.

Pompey boss Avram Grant is set to move quickly for new players as the club expect to have their transfer ban lifted by the Premier League today.

Egyptian World Cup striker Emad Moteab is likely to top Grant's list of targets and a loan deal is likely to be set up with his club Al Ahly in the next few days.

Grant may also bid to bring back Tottenham's Jamie O'Hara on loan, but Algerian star Nadir Belhadj could go to Benfica in a £3m deal.

The manager is keen to hang on to David James although there are huge financial complications in keeping him.

VicHalomsLovechild

Logicalman

From his pedigree (I mean his professional one), he seems to be someone that has football in his heart and so might well be a good 'un for Pompey.

I have very little doubt the morons amongst the fans will look to blame the son for the sins of his father, but then again, that's what makes us all different.

White Noise

Every time someone gets subbed and misses a sitter -

"Your going up before the firing squad"

finnster01

To the pretty Pompey fan at the Pub after the match:

"My tent or yours?"
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

will the goalie get his hands chopped off for a bad game?  :o

cebu

You'll only get your hands chopped off if you steal a goal.

finnster01

However, in order to cheer up the crowds there will be a public stoning at half-time

finnster01

Something also tells me Avram Grant would not be employed for long should Gaddafi Jr take over

epsomraver

Quote from: Logicalman on January 26, 2010, 11:58:26 AM
From his pedigree (I mean his professional one), he seems to be someone that has football in his heart and so might well be a good 'un for Pompey.

I have very little doubt the morons amongst the fans will look to blame the son for the sins of his father, but then again, that's what makes us all different.
Who the hell welcomed the Lockerbie bomber home and hugged him as he came out of the plane door it certainly wasn't Dad Gaddafi!

finnster01

But I think we don't have to worry. The FA has their "Fit and Proper Test" which of course will catch any issues...