News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele - I know I am not going to be popular but...

Started by ffcwickford, September 16, 2011, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgnffc

Is he becoming the new 'Zat Knight' i.e. perennially promising youngster?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Boggers on September 16, 2011, 11:00:05 AM
Looks like everyone is starting to realise he's all fart and no poo

Very eloquently put sir! I agree, I specifically wacthed Mousa yesterday and he was doing my head in! Lost the ball 8 times out of 10. fp.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

b+w geezer

I recall early on Mark Hughes specifically saying that one thing that Dembele definitely had was a football brain. He was trying to convince himself maybe. It does seem to be the bit that's missing.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on September 16, 2011, 12:52:24 PM
Jol has wanted to play 4-2-3-1 from day 1. That is no secret (look at his Ajax team and even his old Spurs).

The whole theory behind that formation is simply quick transitions with the L/RB's bombing forward catching the opposition out of balance and creating a counter. The two mids are supporting the defence, one typically a tackler and the other a passer. The reason Murphy has been shite this year is simple he has been told to focus more defensively. Sidwell/Etuhu will be used interchangeably as the ball winners and tacklers.

All well and good, except the very simple fact that our up front/wing players are not fast enough to go for it and create a proper counter and catch them unbalanced and we don't have a striker who can find his way out of a phone booth, never mind find a goal.

It is very obvious to me that we don't have the players to play Jol football. What I don't understand is the very simple fact that he doesn't get what most of his critics sees every match. So as long as he continue to try fitting a square peg into a round hole we will not be successful. Simple as that. Jol is too stubborn to try something else, hence why I am on his case because I think he will take this team and turn it into a complete disaster.

I do not think he is a good manager. I think he is a selfish fat slob that played us and politics against the board at Ajax a year ago and picked up a bigger checque before he got fired. He is not Fulham and that is my sincere opinion. I sniffed him out on day one. I don't expect any of you blind Jol followers and sheep to agree with me, but everytime I look at a match and read the table and think about the teams we have yet to play away I get very depressed.  I hope I am very wrong, but this Fulham team is on a real slippery slope and as a lifelong fan, THAT WORRIES ME. Couldn't care less about Jol. Fulham will still be around after that twit is gone, but I rather it wasn't lighting it up in the Championship.  :035:

I suggest you go have a lie down. You sound like a conspiracy theorist - the guy who is convinced he is right and everyone else is too blind to see.

Jimpav

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 16, 2011, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on September 16, 2011, 12:52:24 PM
Jol has wanted to play 4-2-3-1 from day 1. That is no secret (look at his Ajax team and even his old Spurs).

The whole theory behind that formation is simply quick transitions with the L/RB's bombing forward catching the opposition out of balance and creating a counter. The two mids are supporting the defence, one typically a tackler and the other a passer. The reason Murphy has been shite this year is simple he has been told to focus more defensively. Sidwell/Etuhu will be used interchangeably as the ball winners and tacklers.

All well and good, except the very simple fact that our up front/wing players are not fast enough to go for it and create a proper counter and catch them unbalanced and we don't have a striker who can find his way out of a phone booth, never mind find a goal.

It is very obvious to me that we don't have the players to play Jol football. What I don't understand is the very simple fact that he doesn't get what most of his critics sees every match. So as long as he continue to try fitting a square peg into a round hole we will not be successful. Simple as that. Jol is too stubborn to try something else, hence why I am on his case because I think he will take this team and turn it into a complete disaster.

I do not think he is a good manager. I think he is a selfish fat slob that played us and politics against the board at Ajax a year ago and picked up a bigger checque before he got fired. He is not Fulham and that is my sincere opinion. I sniffed him out on day one. I don't expect any of you blind Jol followers and sheep to agree with me, but everytime I look at a match and read the table and think about the teams we have yet to play away I get very depressed.  I hope I am very wrong, but this Fulham team is on a real slippery slope and as a lifelong fan, THAT WORRIES ME. Couldn't care less about Jol. Fulham will still be around after that twit is gone, but I rather it wasn't lighting it up in the Championship.  :035:

I suggest you go have a lie down. You sound like a conspiracy theorist - the guy who is convinced he is right and everyone else is too blind to see.

But maybe Finn is actually Noah and we are all the plebs that are going to drown in a sea of fizzy pop whilst he is sat smugly in his ark shovelling animal dung on us from a great height?