more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Ireland 15 Aussies 6

Started by MOR :, September 17, 2011, 11:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Quote from: aussierod on September 18, 2011, 07:44:01 AM
Apologies Michael for saying you know nothing about rugby, the comment of no players I strongly disagreed with but your points about Deans is quite accurate. I basically think that Australia's downfall (and has been for quite a while) is our scrummaging. In open play we are phenomenal but when it comes to the northern hemisphere sides they tend to pick up easy points ie look for penalties and field goals as opposed to the southern hemisphere where they have much more talented individuals however in Australias case, dont have a back up plan if it isnt an open game.
I just hope that is a wake up call for us and we can do better the rest of the series (and playing the southern hemisphere sides may actully be a blessing as England usually have our number in WC's

Dont apologise, I was a bit cagey myself. Wrote it at 5am after work and gym. Not pretty. I think youre right, we have the backs, but I think sometimes they try too hard to and do too much, which is our downfall. This is all a result of a complete lack of ability at the breakdown and our attempt at scrummaging.

Australia is where I live, but my heart is very much with Ireland when it comes to rugby. Heart would be torn if the socceroos played ireland..