more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank you Martin Jol

Started by finnster01, September 17, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Swede

Quote from: finnster01 on September 17, 2011, 05:12:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Mr Nick, but you do not need to read my posts and I still am under the belief I am allowed to express my opinion. I do happen to like your posts, so I will continue to read them though.

But I am very confident in stating that if either you or I had been managers of Fulham, we could do no worse than Martin Jol has done as I write this in terms of table position and we were not paid the money he is do do HIS JOB  :035:

Not really having a dig at you per se, but as you have been to most vocal person (so far) in the "anti-jol" campaign it happened to be branded with your name. 

I'll continue to read your posts, of course, but I'll use my right to disagree when I feel it's appropriate.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: SG on September 17, 2011, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 17, 2011, 05:02:13 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on September 17, 2011, 04:33:58 PM
Put your fishing rod away

+1

I normally rate Finnster as good poster, but this "anti-Jol crusade" is getting a bit boring!

Its actually getting VERY boring. We can moan but things will not change as a result of this so whilst we may feel better for a moan it is best to accept the status quo and hope that results improve.
If we all went along with what you are saying the message board would be VERY VERY Boring.

CorkCity

Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 17, 2011, 05:17:28 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on September 17, 2011, 05:12:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Mr Nick, but you do not need to read my posts and I still am under the belief I am allowed to express my opinion. I do happen to like your posts, so I will continue to read them though.

But I am very confident in stating that if either you or I had been managers of Fulham, we could do no worse than Martin Jol has done as I write this in terms of table position and we were not paid the money he is do do HIS JOB  :035:

Not really having a dig at you per se, but as you have been to most vocal person (so far) in the "anti-jol" campaign it happened to be branded with your name. 

I'll continue to read your posts, of course, but I'll use my right to disagree when I feel it's appropriate.

I cant read so I wont bother with any of your posts, but I agree with Finn.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

I think Fulham can be blamed for not securing the signing of a central striker or two. Jol spent over 10 million on a player I am not sure we needed. If it all comes good then fine. But Hughes walked because of our lack of funds or backing. Jol has had a list of names that we failed to secure. If by Christmas we have a ten million pound player sitting on the bench and we are still in the relegation zone, then Jol will go if we have a replacement.

But like some of our fans pre season. Our club seemed to have lost faith in the Prem. We were on the verge of trying to push to the next level. We were simply not willing or able to do so. A full back to replace an out going player and a few young promising players. Plus a big signing may simply not be good enough with yet another new manager to save us.

Not sure Jol is the only problem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

The one thing that unites us is the care we have for our club...

Lets give it large tomorrow.

I would love to see us put one over Citeh, and to come back on here and feel the warmth from all the positive comments.

I suspect we will get done over though, and message-board-meltdown will be the order of the day...

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2011, 05:27:06 PM
The one thing that unites us is the care we have for our club...

Lets give it large tomorrow.

I would love to see us put one over Citeh, and to come back on here and feel the warmth from all the positive comments.

I suspect we will get done over though, and message-board-meltdown will be the order of the day...

I think that is where you have some of us (panic merchants) wrong, were not going to believe we can win every game and against the likes of Man U, Man City, Chelsea were not likely to. But it is the manner of how we actually play, I could accept losing tomorrow if we at least made a bloody attempt at winning the game. We won't have anywhere near the possession we have had in our previous games but as we could only muster two shots on target in most of those games, I'm hoping our two shots tomorrow go in at least.

Berserker

I freaked out as well when  i saw Fulham's name at the bottom of the table just now, but i think it's important to keep our nerve and as the phrase goes 'we must keep calm and carry on'. I'm praying it will all come right, and as all of it is completely out of our control that's all we can really do. There is no point getting rid of Jol at this stage as  there is nobody else and it would only make matters worse.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mangoputney

Most of our players are running around like headless chickens and for a guy to break up one of the best ever defensive pairings we've had is absolute madness in my eyes. Jol has been out of the Premiership far to long to suddenly come back and try experimenting. If both Swansea, Norwich and QPHAH win today and we lose to Citeh tomorrow, which we will, things will not look to rosy

+1

Swans check, Naarwich check, Rangers check

20th thanking you Mr Jol, your system sucks
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Burt

FatFreddysCat

I'm backing Jol until the bitters match, be in the  botom three and make me suffer the torrent of abuse from my muggy bitter mates if we lose then shoot the manager , not sack him. Until then i'm hoping Ruiz turns out to be all he's cracked up to be, Bobby can sort himself out, and the poison in the team spirit that is Captain Murphy retires.

MJG

Quote from: mangoputney on September 17, 2011, 05:41:55 PM
for a guy to break up one of the best ever defensive pairings we've had is absolute madness in my eyes.
I wanted Jol in place (never liked Hughes), but this is the one thing that just does not make sense.

Blingo

I think we should all be chelsea supporters.

cebu

Quote from: Blingo on September 17, 2011, 06:11:17 PM

Or we can become Manu supporters and move to Surrey.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: cebu on September 17, 2011, 07:02:59 PM
Quote from: Blingo on September 17, 2011, 06:11:17 PM

Or we can become Manu supporters and move to Surrey.
Surrey?????? Isn't that Sarf of the river? Dont they have a really crap supporters team that get absolutely battered by the Mighty Middlesex Maulers  :028: Hmm whose the Middx manager again  :008:

NogoodBoyo

Time to bring back Ostrich Watch and Spiny Dog Dooda Fish.
Nogood "needing a distraction from all this doom and gloom, isit" Boyo
P.S. Our cat's just caught a mouse and is having a marvelous time releasing and catching, releasing and catching.  And Wales are about to play their bogey team, Samoa.  Big night.  I'll watch Fulham tomorrow with limited expectations.  Bottom of the table in September is not a problem.  Bottom of the table on December 31 is.

aconnecticutyankee

I have the uneasy feeling that Jol's "plan" isn't a plan at all, but sort of making it up as he goes along, which leads to
excuses, which leads to failure.

jarv

This is not borig at all. I agree with Finn and Jol is a huge cause for concern. Not only his tactics but post match he comes across as he is on a jolly, with an attitude of "that's football, that's life". To me, he seems weak and it appears as though he has not done his homework on Fulham before starting the job. Of course, I don't know that but a phrase I learnt many years ago culd apply here  "perception is reality, whether it is true or not"

TheDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 17, 2011, 06:06:25 PM
I'm backing Jol until the bitters match, be in the  botom three and make me suffer the torrent of abuse from my muggy bitter mates if we lose then shoot the manager , not sack him. Until then i'm hoping Ruiz turns out to be all he's cracked up to be, Bobby can sort himself out, and the poison in the team spirit that is Captain Murphy retires.

i must be getting old and senile as i agree with you.

White Noise

Has today's game changed anything?

jarv

has today's game changed anything? NO. Not as far as the manager is concerned. Hopefully the players will have a bit more confidence.