more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank you Martin Jol

Started by finnster01, September 17, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

No.

I have been saying all along to keep the faith and give Jol time.

I have not changed my opinion.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Burt on September 18, 2011, 06:29:34 PM
No.

I have been saying all along to keep the faith and give Jol time.

I have not changed my opinion.
+1
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The Bronsons

Quote from: White Noise on September 18, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
Has today's game changed anything?

Yes. I'm less worried, because we took shots on goal. Maybe that's all that's been missing?

And Dembele played well. As did Sidwell and Schwartzer and others.

And Ruiz looked much better.

Gozorich

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 17, 2011, 06:06:25 PM
I'm backing Jol until the bitters match, be in the  botom three and make me suffer the torrent of abuse from my muggy bitter mates if we lose then shoot the manager , not sack him. Until then i'm hoping Ruiz turns out to be all he's cracked up to be, Bobby can sort himself out, and the poison in the team spirit that is Captain Murphy retires.

Can you expand on the last phrase in your last sentence - please?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Gozorich on September 18, 2011, 08:54:11 PM
I'm backing Jol until the bitters match, be in the  botom three and make me suffer the torrent of abuse from my muggy bitter mates if we lose then shoot the manager , not sack him. Until then i'm hoping Ruiz turns out to be all he's cracked up to be, Bobby can sort himself out, and the poison in the team spirit that is Captain Murphy retires.

Yeah i think Danny has a problem with Jol, seems to be a bit of a problem amonsgt the team (obviously not today). I'd like to see Kasami see a lot more time on the pitch as i think he could be superb.

MJG

Quote from: jarv on September 18, 2011, 06:28:25 PM
has today's game changed anything? NO. Not as far as the manager is concerned. Hopefully the players will have a bit more confidence.
I think we may have seen a slight change from Jol and that's with I hope the end of Hangeland-Senderos at CB.
Its not that Senderos is a bad player, but in effect both him and Brede are the same type of CB's who attack the ball and players who need a Hughes/Baird next to them. Every time Brede went for a ball Baird would drop behind just like Hughes does.
We seem too square with both Brede and senderos at the back.

MJG

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 18, 2011, 09:04:18 PM

Yeah i think Danny has a problem with Jol, seems to be a bit of a problem amonsgt the team (obviously not today). I'd like to see Kasami see a lot more time on the pitch as i think he could be superb.
Do you not think if there was such a problem of team sprit that there would be no way we could have fought back today.

cebu

Quote from: MJG on September 18, 2011, 09:04:29 PM
has today's game changed anything? NO. Not as far as the manager is concerned. Hopefully the players will have a bit more confidence.
I think we may have seen a slight change from Jol and that's with I hope the end of Hangeland-Senderos at CB.
Its not that Senderos is a bad player, but in effect both him and Brede are the same type of CB's who attack the ball and players who need a Hughes/Baird next to them. Every time Brede went for a ball Baird would drop behind just like Hughes does.

I agree with your point, but let's also remember that Senderos doesn't have the benefit of the Hodgson defensive drilling.

Motspur

I can't believe there are supporters calling for a manager's head so soon in the season EVEN after an inspirational comeback against a team who have players on the bench that cost more than our entire team, If the results aren't improving by christmas then we will have much more of an idea but the football is good, shape of the team is right and when the players get used to it and each other, I'm confident things will improve. But, hey ho - you can always hope we get beat on Wednesday and next week so you can try to get support for your crusade.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MJG on September 18, 2011, 09:06:53 PM

Do you not think if there was such a problem of team sprit that there would be no way we could have fought back today.
No i just think the whole big occaision rallied us despite the piosonous Danny playing. I really believe if Danny goes we will improve 100%. Kasami for Murph is a no brainer in my opinion.

MurphLegend

Reindeer

This obsession everyone has with Baird over Senderos is unbelievable.

Baird was at fault for the goal against Twente, yet no one has piped up and said, yet when we get beat it's all the fault of Senderos.

Blinkered view, as in my opinion, Baird should only be used a bench player.  Phil reads the game far better.

MJG

Quote from: Reindeer on September 18, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Baird was at fault for the goal against Twente, yet no one has piped up and said, yet when we get beat it's all the fault of Senderos.

Blinkered view, as in my opinion, Baird should only be used a bench player.  Phil reads the game far better.
if you read the post its more about the style and getting the best from what we have, not about being blinkered about playing one player.if Brede was injured then I have no problem with Senderos playing in place of him. I just don't think the two of them are good together.
As for the comment that Phil reads the game better than Baird, I wait to be convinced on that one.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Reindeer on September 18, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Blinkered view, as in my opinion, Baird should only be used a bench player.  Phil reads the game far better.

And the other side of the coin is that you could blame Senderos for the goal against Blackburn because his clearance was quite poor. I think all our centre backs are capable players in the prem and the only one certain for the team sheet is Hangeland.

Drake44444

Quote from: Motspur on September 18, 2011, 09:17:13 PM
I can't believe there are supporters calling for a manager's head so soon in the season EVEN after an inspirational comeback against a team who have players on the bench that cost more than our entire team, If the results aren't improving by christmas then we will have much more of an idea but the football is good, shape of the team is right and when the players get used to it and each other, I'm confident things will improve. But, hey ho - you can always hope we get beat on Wednesday and next week so you can try to get support for your crusade.

I agree great post

Gozorich

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 18, 2011, 09:20:15 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 18, 2011, 09:06:53 PM

No i just think the whole big occaision rallied us despite the piosonous Danny playing. I really believe if Danny goes we will improve 100%. Kasami for Murph is a no brainer in my opinion.

Freddy, I don't want to continue this thread unnecessarily but you haven't explained, or given any evidence, against Murphy. I agree he isn't the player he has been for us but to use the word 'poisonous' is a serious allegation against our Captain; it suggests he is, deliberately or not, contaminating the team spirit. How and where is he poisonous, I haven't noticed it and by the lack of support for your point of view I reckon nor have many others?

King_Crud

did i miss something, what happened to Hughes in defence, does Jol not like him?

Otherwise I'm happy with Jol, and will give him patience. There's so much goo feasting on these boards it's ridiculous

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: King_Crud on September 19, 2011, 11:20:30 AM
did i miss something, what happened to Hughes in defence, does Jol not like him?

Otherwise I'm happy with Jol, and will give him patience. There's so much goo feasting on these boards it's ridiculous

Hughes is injured.

King_Crud

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 19, 2011, 11:29:07 AM

Hughes is injured.

Oh phew. I tried doing a search but didn't find anything

cebu

Quote from: King_Crud on September 19, 2011, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 19, 2011, 11:29:07 AM

Hughes is injured.

Oh phew. I tried doing a search but didn't find anything

He went off injured during the Blackburn game. But I'd expect him to be available very soon.