watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - The Departed

Started by Jimpav, September 17, 2011, 10:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

An excellent albeit very violent film. Just starting on C4.

Can't believe this was Scorceses first oscar for best picture.

MJG

Love the Mark Walberg and Alec Baldwin scenes in this movie. There was a plan to do a prequal with them but does not seem to have happened.

Good film and suspect I will watch it and enjoy it more than match of the day.

FatFreddysCat

I was so looking forward to watching this film, that i felt a bit dissapointed afterwards.

Jimpav

I'll tape Match of the day MJG but apart from seeing the Gooners get battered it won't make for pleasurable viewing.

Did it not meet your expectations Fred or were you sad that it finished?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on September 17, 2011, 10:51:27 PM
I'll tape Match of the day MJG but apart from seeing the Gooners get battered it won't make for pleasurable viewing.

Did it not meet your expectations Fred or were you sad that it finished?
I was expecting anouther film like the God Father, it didn't reach them heights. Good film, but i was hoping for better, a bit like the road to Perdition (spelling) in failing to deliver.

Jack Fulham

Loved this film, didn't expect it to end like that at all.

Jimpav

Has anyone seen the original that it was based on? Not sure of the name of the film but it is set in Hong Kong- supposed to be good.

MJG

Quote from: Jimpav on September 17, 2011, 11:22:10 PM
Has anyone seen the original that it was based on? Not sure of the name of the film but it is set in Hong Kong- supposed to be good.
Infernal Affairs was the film (not the Richard Gere-Andy garcia one Internal Affairs). For once Hollywood kept the basic storyline the same, good film the first one and watched one of the sequals as well.

The Equalizer

Quote from: MJG on September 17, 2011, 11:29:58 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on September 17, 2011, 11:22:10 PM
Infernal Affairs was the film (not the Richard Gere-Andy garcia one Internal Affairs). For once Hollywood kept the basic storyline the same, good film the first one and watched one of the sequals as well.

The original is still better.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Logicalman

Saw the film when it first came out, then went and bought the DVD. Great film, one of Wahlbergs best, imho, as good as 4 brothers and Shooter, at least.

BalDrick

Yeah saw this a few years ago, really good film and great ending. Agree with above, Road to Perdition, while good, wasn't half as good as I expected. Possibly because for me Tom Hanks' voice will forever be Woody in the Toy Story films (the third of which is v poor).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town