watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any Fulham in Chicago?

Started by flirpit, December 09, 2011, 04:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flirpit

Hi all exiles, I'm moving to Chicago in January, are there any Fulham out there? would be good to find some friendly faces to watch some games with.
@garthurabbott

finnster01

I reckon Mr McGod watches the games somewhere...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

Quote from: flirpit on December 09, 2011, 04:35:06 PM
Hi all exiles, I'm moving to Chicago in January, are there any Fulham out there? would be good to find some friendly faces to watch some games with.

...one of the guys who started the original FulhamUSA website was 'ChicagoTom', drop americanmike a PM and he may still be in contact with Tom...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SoCalJoe

Flirpit, I'm biased because I lived just outside of the city throughout my high school years, but Chicago is awesome. If it wasn't for the weather, no one would ever leave. Not sure how used to cold weather you are, but I'm guessing you'll never be colder in your life than the moment you step out of the terminal at O'Hare this Jan. Invest in thermals, a great winter coat, and some heavy duty footwear. Not unusual that the temperature in Jan/Feb will be below zero w/the wind chill being a minus 20 or 30. Without a doubt you'll be questioning your sanity for moving there that time of year, but once Spring hits you'll be a happy man. At one time there was a large contingent of Fulham fans that posted on the various boards. Haven't heard from ChicagoTom since he stopped writing the Fulham blog for soccernet last season. sfm (fusa) is an ex-pat that lives in Chicago and travels back to London for games regularly. The pub you'll want to go to is The Globe on W. Irving Park Rd. http://www.theglobepub.com
You can observe a lot by just watching.