watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ebay

Started by Jack Fulham, September 21, 2011, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Anybody use it, I've only sold a few things on it and made about £150 but I've heard it's also a viable career path if you get it right?

Apparently people make fortunes by just ordering products from whole salers and then selling the products on Ebay for profit.

The Equalizer

A friend of mine used to supplement his income by looking for windsurfing equipment that was being undersold, buying it and then selling the same thing for a lot more money. He made quite a few quid doing it.

This is a pretty full time job though if you're interested in it.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CincyFulham1

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 21, 2011, 11:45:39 AM
A friend of mine used to supplement his income by looking for windsurfing equipment that was being undersold, buying it and then selling the same thing for a lot more money. He made quite a few quid doing it.

I guess you would need to know a thing or two about windsurfing.

When I was still living in civilization they use to closedown my street on the first sunday of the month and have a antique sale.  I bought a few things that caught my eye and sold them on ebay and didn't do to bad.  I bought a antique doorstopper for $5.00 and it sold for $73.00, but usually I made a $15.00 to $20.00 profit.  My friend went the wholesale route, but there where so many people doing it that the market was saturated and profits were small.

The Equalizer

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 21, 2011, 11:52:45 AM

When I was still living in civilization they use to closedown my street on the first sunday of the month and have a antique sale.  I bought a few things that caught my eye and sold them on ebay and didn't do to bad.  I bought a antique doorstopper for $5.00 and it sold for $73.00, but usually I made a $15.00 to $20.00 profit.  My friend went the wholesale route, but there where so many people doing it that the market was saturated and profits were small.

He was rated 5th in the world at windsurfing before he broke his back...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Hazey

I'm a bit of an eBay addict!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Hazey on September 21, 2011, 11:57:46 AM
I'm a bit of an eBay addict!

I haven't quite reached that stage, I prefer selling but I've run out of things to sell.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 21, 2011, 11:55:55 AM

When I was still living in civilization they use to closedown my street on the first sunday of the month and have a antique sale.  I bought a few things that caught my eye and sold them on ebay and didn't do to bad.  I bought a antique doorstopper for $5.00 and it sold for $73.00, but usually I made a $15.00 to $20.00 profit.  My friend went the wholesale route, but there where so many people doing it that the market was saturated and profits were small.

Sorry to hear that EQ,  I've only tried twice and the best that can be said is I didn't drowned myself.  I saw some people doing some amazing things out on the water.

CincyFulham1

@ Hazey:  How are you?  You still at the C&W lab?

The Equalizer

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 21, 2011, 12:04:05 PM

When I was still living in civilization they use to closedown my street on the first sunday of the month and have a antique sale.  I bought a few things that caught my eye and sold them on ebay and didn't do to bad.  I bought a antique doorstopper for $5.00 and it sold for $73.00, but usually I made a $15.00 to $20.00 profit.  My friend went the wholesale route, but there where so many people doing it that the market was saturated and profits were small.

Sorry to hear that EQ,  I've only tried twice and the best that can be said is I didn't drowned myself.  I saw some people doing some amazing things out on the water.

I'll be trying it when I go on holiday next week. Did I mention that I'm off to St Lucia?  098.gif

finnster01

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 21, 2011, 12:08:05 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 21, 2011, 12:04:05 PM

Sorry to hear that EQ,  I've only tried twice and the best that can be said is I didn't drowned myself.  I saw some people doing some amazing things out on the water.

I'll be trying it when I go on holiday next week. Did I mention that I'm off to St Lucia?  098.gif

Enjoy the time off. Lovely lush Island but you will be rained on in September so bring a McLaren. However, it is usually the typical tropical 10 minutes of absolute downpour followed by the sun.

You'll have a good old time tough. It isn't the "wildest" of places, but a great place to recharge batteries and rest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I used ebay a lot when we got our loft converted. I had all sorts of tat up there that needed to go, so sold a fair bit and made a few £££s. Most lucrative item were the loft ladders themselves. I couldn't bring myself to flogging my boxes of Fulham programs, even though I haven't been buying them for the last few years...

I have bought the occasional thing too, last one was a Fulham top. I was also bidding for the yucky green away shirt we used to have, and I was winning the bid right up to the dying seconds and I got stumped.

The Equalizer

Cheers Finns, it's a nice luxury spa resort, so the intention is relaxation, sunshine, a spot of golf, a soupcon of scuba and a full body massage every single day!  098.gif

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 21, 2011, 12:37:39 PM
Cheers Finns, it's a nice luxury spa resort, so the intention is relaxation, sunshine, a spot of golf, a soupcon of scuba and a full body massage every single day!  098.gif

Wot no beer?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2011, 12:54:17 PM

Wot no beer?

Yes beer! And plenty of cocktails, wine, gin... I'll be sitting in the pool with a Mojito and a fat Cuban cigar.. in fact, I'll post a picture up here!

Berserker

I've found it useful to buy stuff that is no longer available in the shops, eg a pair of shoes where i loved the original pair i had and wanted another the same and couldn't purchase them anywhere else, also i have found it's best to make your first bid on an auction just before the closing time, otherwise the price gets artificially inflated as buyers often have pretend id's or mates making bids to increase the bid price. I've also sold un wanted items on e bay but prefer to give them to a charity shop if i can
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

finnster01

I know two of the original investors in E-Bay. One does not work anymore and hasn't for years, the other one does but as a hobby...

A bit like footballers really.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 21, 2011, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2011, 12:54:17 PM

Wot no beer?

Yes beer! And plenty of cocktails, wine, gin... I'll be sitting in the pool with a Mojito and a fat Cuban cigar.. in fact, I'll post a picture up here!

If you are trying to make me feel jealous Mr Eq sir...

...you have succeeded!

Enjoy.

Burt

Quote from: finnster01 on September 21, 2011, 01:33:05 PM
I know two of the original investors in E-Bay. One does not work anymore and hasn't for years, the other one does but as a hobby...

A bit like footballers really.

They must have made a tidy packet...

Even those who may not necessarily be investors or owners but were in at the early stages have done well.

A guy at ours based in the US who is only a year older than me (yes, that young - 45) retired last year because his missus who works for Facebook made an absolute mint through there equity program.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time. I'm still looking, and my watch is broken  :dft002:

Mitch

Tried it. You need to find a good market, most are heavily saturated. Stay clear of mobile accessories and menswear.