watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Wout Brama Worth Returning For?

Started by White Noise, September 28, 2011, 05:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/09/28/Twente-ace-reveals-Cottage-snub/gnid-110775/

Brama reveals Cottage snub

by Setanta Staff , 28 September 2011   

FC Twente's Wout Brama has confirmed that his club turned down a summer transfer window swoop from Fulham for his services.

The 25-year-old midfielder was a late target of Cottagers boss Martin Jol, who also snapped up striker Bryan Ruiz from the Dutch outfit in a £10.6million swoop.

However, Brama claims Twente were reluctant to allow him to leave for Craven Cottage because they did not have enough time to bring in a replacement before the window closed, while he did not want to leave anyway.

"In the end I didn't have to make a decision as FC Twente did not want me to leave," he told De Telegraaf.

"I am flattered Fulham were interested as they are a good club.

"However, I would not have liked to have left here on the final day of the window."

Mr Fulham

I say yes. And he left the door opened, too.

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Mr Fulham on September 29, 2011, 03:34:22 AM
Let me see if I've understood this, Mr Fulham... when the transfer window shut, somebody left the door open (sic). However,UEFA only allows players to climb out of the window and not walk out of the door. There wasn't enough time or space for two Twente (220) players to climb out of the window. That would have been ideal because the 220 bus goes along the Fulham Palace Road and stops near the Cottage. There wasn't enough time for another player to climb through the window because Ruiz was climbing out. Wout a shame !
I wonder if transferred French players are allowed to leave via the French window, which is really a door.  This is terribly confusing.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 29, 2011, 09:07:01 AM
Let me see if I've understood this, Mr Fulham... when the transfer window shut, somebody left the door open (sic). However,UEFA only allows players to climb out of the window and not walk out of the door. There wasn't enough time or space for two Twente (220) players to climb out of the window. That would have been ideal because the 220 bus goes along the Fulham Palace Road and stops near the Cottage. There wasn't enough time for another player to climb through the window because Ruiz was climbing out. Wout a shame !
I wonder if transferred French players are allowed to leave via the French window, which is really a door.  This is terribly confusing.
#
I blame the cheese,I really do.................................................... 064.gif

cebu

Here's hoping something happens in January.

Burt

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 29, 2011, 09:07:01 AM

Players there have to use a French letter to request a transfer.

OK, OK...

Get Coat gif

JBH

Definately go back in for him as Murphy's replacement, god knows we need someone to take his place.

The King

Mr Fulham

Quote from: JBH on September 29, 2011, 08:43:42 PM
Definately go back in for him as Murphy's replacement, god knows we need someone to take his place.

We need a Murphy replacement since early 2010 in my opinion. Jamie O'Hara was available for more than a year, for the life of me I cannot understand why we weren't in for him.

TWFL

Wouldn't someone like Leroy Fer be better? He's younger and I'm pretty certain he's/can be a Murphy type player.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: TWFL on September 29, 2011, 09:07:03 PM
Wouldn't someone like Leroy Fer be better? He's younger and I'm pretty certain he's/can be a Murphy type player.

Just joined Twente from Feyenoord in July. Brama is more likely. And also a Murphy type player.