News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tevez and his agent should be thrown out of football or........

Started by cutbushcitylimits, September 27, 2011, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 28, 2011, 06:13:56 PM
...well he has burned his bridges in Manchester, too expensive for Liddlepool and Arseneal, redkrapp would love him but can't see Levy splashing the cash, so failing a Milan club or Barca the only team who have more money and loose morals is our neighbours, and he will fit in well with the other mercenaries there...

Good call, sir! I can already picture him kissing that badge too.

cmg

...well he has burned his bridges in Manchester, too expensive for Liddlepool and Arseneal, redkrapp would love him but can't see Levy splashing the cash, so failing a Milan club or Barca the only team who have more money and loose morals is our neighbours, and he will fit in well with the other mercenaries there...

...well, it had crossed my mind. Closer to Buenos Aires, too!

ron

Quote from: cebu on September 28, 2011, 06:28:11 PM

Good call, sir! I can already picture him kissing that badge too.

Dunno about Chelsea, he can kiss the Arse badge as much as he likes as far as I'm concerned....

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/28/carlos-tevez-manchester-city-legal-issues?CMP=twt_gu

The Carlos Tevez dispute: a lawyer's perspective

Peter Holt, an employment partner at Field Fisher Waterhouse, on the fall-out from Carlos Tevez's actions at Bayern Munich

Interview by Tom Lutz guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 28 September 2011 18.19 BST Article history

"From a legal perspective the question is whether Carlos Tevez's actions against Bayern Munich were a fundamental breach of contract. Applying the basics of employment law, the answer to that would be 'yes'. The Premier League handbook says that a player must give his best for his club and by not even coming off the bench he is not fulfilling his basic duties.

"The only caveat to that is that footballers are slightly different to most other workers in that they have a monetary value to their employers as well. The case of Adrian Mutu serves as a warning to players such as Tevez. Chelsea terminated his contract after he tested positive for cocaine and were then eligible to sue him for compensation – because of his actions, Chelsea had lost out on the possibility of a transfer fee. If City do terminate Tevez's contract then they could cite the Mutu case when they sought compensation. The sum City could claim from Tevez would dwarf the amount Chelsea got from Mutu because he is a better player – it could be as much as £40m.

"Realistically, Tevez may not end up paying City anywhere near that amount, though. He may agree to keep certain information about the club under wraps in return for a smaller payment. A club as rich as City don't need the money: it's more about being seen to have come out on top in the dispute and send a message that Roberto Mancini is in control. They would want some amount paid though, so they could legitimately claim that a settlement had been agreed for an undisclosed sum."

• Peter Holt is an employment partner at Field Fisher Waterhouse

Logicalman

Is (Tevez) history not repeating itself?

In 2006, Tevez and Mascherano were playing for the Corinthians. Tevez moved there just a year beforehand, on a 5 year deal. In june 2006, tevez reportedly was refusing to play for the Corinthians (sound similar) and later that month his infamous move to the Cheats was concluded. That was followed a year later with the controversial move to ManUre, on a 2 year deal, at the end of which United offered to pay the outstanding fee and to provide him with a 5 year deal, which would make him one of the highest paid they had. He rejected this and moved to Citeh, that summer on a 5 year deal. It has been strongly suggested that Tevez earns in the region of 280K a week at Citeh.

We all are aware of what has happened this past summer, with tevez, yet again, wanting aove and, yet again, deciding to strike to get what he wants.

I pose one, very simple question. If it is not for the money, and ONLY for his children (two girls that live in Argentina) then why did Tevez firstly sign a 5 year deal just 2 years ago (perhaps his parental wants have only just come through since 2009), and why hasn't he just broken his contract and moved back to Argentina? My guess, as uneducated as it is, would be that he craves both the adulation that his obvious skill has brought him, and he likewise craves the money. He has enough now to retire on, so why not just move back to his family, or is it just another cynical move on both his and MSI parts to garner as much publicity before he announces that Spain or Italy is the place to be?

If this guy has just an ounce of decency (which I have yet to see), he will get a one-way plane ticket back to the children he cannot live without, turn his back on football and the fiscal trappings, and earn the respect of every football fan in the world again.

Ok then lads, on three, lets hold our breath ........

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on September 29, 2011, 02:15:20 AM

Is (Tevez) history not repeating itself?

In 2006, Tevez and Mascherano were playing for the Corinthians. Tevez moved there just a year beforehand, on a 5 year deal. In june 2006, tevez reportedly was refusing to play for the Corinthians (sound similar) and later that month his infamous move to the Cheats was concluded. That was followed a year later with the controversial move to ManUre, on a 2 year deal, at the end of which United offered to pay the outstanding fee and to provide him with a 5 year deal, which would make him one of the highest paid they had. He rejected this and moved to Citeh, that summer on a 5 year deal. It has been strongly suggested that Tevez earns in the region of 280K a week at Citeh.

We all are aware of what has happened this past summer, with tevez, yet again, wanting aove and, yet again, deciding to strike to get what he wants.

I pose one, very simple question. If it is not for the money, and ONLY for his children (two girls that live in Argentina) then why did Tevez firstly sign a 5 year deal just 2 years ago (perhaps his parental wants have only just come through since 2009), and why hasn't he just broken his contract and moved back to Argentina? My guess, as uneducated as it is, would be that he craves both the adulation that his obvious skill has brought him, and he likewise craves the money. He has enough now to retire on, so why not just move back to his family, or is it just another cynical move on both his and MSI parts to garner as much publicity before he announces that Spain or Italy is the place to be?

If this guy has just an ounce of decency (which I have yet to see), he will get a one-way plane ticket back to the children he cannot live without, turn his back on football and the fiscal trappings, and earn the respect of every football fan in the world again.

Ok then lads, on three, lets hold our breath ........

Post of the decade, sir!  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

One point that hasn't been mentioned is the possibility that Tevez is just a pawn effectively owned by others.

He may simply be following instructions for whatever reason or have had a sort of breakdown as a result of being forced to sign a contract with which he was deeply unhappy. He may have had no choice but to sign for City and I wouldn't bet on him actually receiving much of the cash he's being paid.

Enough to live very well of course but not in control of his own destiny.

All supposition of course. I'm sure it's nonsense, Kia.