Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (28/09/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 28, 2011, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham winger Keanu Marsh-Brown exits Dundee United

Marsh-Brown made one appearance
for Dundee United

Winger Keanu Marsh-Brown has been recalled by Fulham from his loan spell with Dundee United.

The 19-year-old made only one appearance for the Scottish Premier League club.

He came on as a substitute for the last 10 minutes of United's 3-1 win over Inverness on 17 September.

Marsh-Brown, who had a previous loan spell with MK Dons, had been signed until January but had failed to make an impression at Tannadice.

United manager Peter Houston told the Dundee Courier: "Keanu is away back to Fulham.

"He could not settle up here away from London, so we've let him go."

He had become the second player to join United from the English top-flight outfit during the last transfer window on the recommendation of former Tannadice midfielder Billy McKinlay, who is Fulham's reserve coach.

Finnish striker Lauri Dalla Valle has become a regular in the United starting line-up, but his fellow 19-year-old has now returned to London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15080173.stm?

WhiteJC

Loaner Report 9/27/11

In case you thought this list wasn't big enough, two more loaners to be added to the list. Bjorn Helge Riise recently joined Portsmouth on loan until the November 7. And turns out this fella named Richard Barroilhet joined Finnish club Vaasan Palloseura until October 31 way back in August. Oops.

David Stockdale started and made 5 saves in Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Boro on Saturday. On September 19 he started and made 3 saves in Ipswich's 3-0 win over Coventry. That's two straight clean sheets for the lad!

Carlos Salcido started and played 90 minutes in Tigres' 1-1 draw with Chiapas on Saturday On September 17 he started and played 90 minutes in Tigres' 1-0 loss at Atlante.

Lauri Dalla Valle was an usunsed substite in Dundee United's 3-3 draw at Hibs on Saturday. On September 20 he started and played 90 minutes in Dundee United's 3-0 Communities League Cup win at Airdrie United. On September 17 he started, played 78 minutes, and scored a goal in The Terrors 3-1 win over Inverness CT.

Keanu Marsh-Brown was an unused sub in Dundee United's prior two matches. On September 17 he came off the bench in the 78th minute in Dundee United's 3-1 win over Inverness CT. His loan deal was cancelled earlier today.

Rafik Halliche is back at SW6 as his loan deal to Swansea fell through due to FIFA red tape. Read about it here.

Danny Hoesen started and played 90 minutes in Fortuna Sittard's 2-1 win over FC Oss last Friday. On September 16 he started, played 90 minutes, and scored a goal in Fortuna Sittards' 3-1 loss at Maastricht.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/loaner-report-92711/?

WhiteJC

Quality Will Shine

Fulham and US international star Clint Dempsey is confident Fulham can claim maximum points this week against Odense BK and Queens Park Rangers.

Fulham will fly to Denmark on Wednesday morning ahead of their UEFA Europa League Group match against Odense BK before returning to SW6 for a West London derby against QPR on Sunday afternoon (KO 3pm).

Fulham's hectic schedule comes after a tough encounter away to West Brom last weekend but Dempsey was pleased with his team's performance that saw Fulham return to London with a share of the spoils.

"I think it probably was a fair result last weekend," Dempsey told fulhamfc.com. "We were disappointed that we didn't take more from the game but at the same time there were positives to be taken.

"The Hawthorns is a difficult place to visit and a ground where we haven't taken too much over the years. In the first-half we were very strong and it was a shame that we didn't make the most of the chances that we created.

"But in fairness, they [West Brom] had opportunities too, especially in the second half, and I'm sure they might feel like they should have taken something as well. So all in all a draw was fair, although in this game you always want to win – but I suppose it's better to a gain a point rather than lose one."

Fulham manager Martin Jol was forced to change his starting eleven last weekend when Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson fell ill before the game. Whilst Dempsey admits the late changes were far from ideal, he is more than confident that Fulham have the strength in depth to cope.

"We had a few players miss the West Brom game at the weekend through illness but as far as I know we're all good now," said Dempsey.

"It was difficult because we worked all week in the belief that we would line up in a certain way, but then when we lost a few at the last moment things suddenly changed. But it's just something that you have to react to, and a reason to why we have a big squad."

Dempsey and company will be hoping to gain some European momentum in Denmark on Thursday night and press on with a successful group stage campaign. However the Fulham midfielder is far from underestimating Odense BK, who are sure to serve up a stern test on home soil.

"We're taking things in our stride as we have done in the past," Dempsey explained. "Of course we want to advance from the Group Stage and three points will be the target on Thursday night.

"We want to go as far as we can in the competition and having drawn our opening group game we're looking at putting things on track with a victory. It's a good chance for us, and although we know that it will be a difficult game, we have shown that we are capable of getting the results we need and a win on Thursday would put us in a strong position."

Fulham's European match comes ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash against QPR that will see the two teams compete for the first time since the 2000/01 season. Dempsey is desperate to secure a first win of the season this weekend and needs no introduction to the importance of a West London derby.

"I don't think our points total or league standing reflect how we have played so far," said Dempsey. "We have played some very good football at times, but unfortunately we haven't had much to show from it.

"So now it's all about getting points and scoring more goals. We need to get some momentum going and as a result hopefully we can then start putting some wins together. We'll be fine though, because there is a lot of quality in this squad.

"It would be a good time to put down that first win especially as this is a game that everyone is looking forward too, said the US star.

"Fans always want to do well in these derby games and with it being the first between the two clubs in a little while there's even more interest as a result.

"To be honest, it doesn't matter who that first win comes against as long as it happens at some point. QPR have started the season well and will be looking to come to Craven Cottage in the hope of adding to that. But we're confident that we can get the result that we need."

Fulham host QPR at the Cottage on Sunday (KO 3pm) in what will be the first competitive match between the two teams since the 2000/01 season. Tickets are now on General Sale. 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/DempseyWeekAhead.aspx?#ixzz1ZE8TQtjC

WhiteJC

Fulham - One Riise Left

Having just recovered from injury, Bjorn Helge Riise has gone out on loan.

Bjorn Helge, brother of John Arne, has moved to Fratton Park on an emergency loan move.

He is expected to make his Pompey debut against Peterborough United tonight.

Hera at Vital Fulham we`d like to wish him well whilst he`s out on loan

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=257019#ixzz1ZE8g3LMv

WhiteJC

MARSH-BROWN BACK WITH COTTAGERS

Keanu Marsh-Brown's loan spell at Dundee United has come to an end after being recalled by Fulham.

The winger, 19, has returned to the London club after making just one appearance for the Tannadice side.

A statement on the Tayside club's website confirmed: "The club confirm that Keanu Marsh-Brown has been recalled from his loan deal at the club by Fulham FC."

United manager Peter Houston told the Dundee Courier: "Keanu is away back to Fulham. He could not settle up here away from London, so we've let him go."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/09/27/SOCCER_Dundee_Utd.html

WhiteJC

POMPEY RAID FULHAM FOR RIISE

Bjorn Helge Riise: Portsmouth loan move

Portsmouth have signed Fulham midfielder Bjorn Helge Riise on loan.

The Norway international will drop down to the Championship until November's international break after finding his road to the Cottagers' first team blocked.

The 28-year-old has not featured since the Europa League qualifying rounds, but Pompey boss Steve Cotterill is happy to have him.

"He's a central midfielder who can also play on the right side," Cotterill told his club's website.

"He's energetic, a good footballer and has played 31 times for his country. He played on loan for Sheffield United against us last season and did very well.

"We've got several midweek games and we may need to shuffle the pack so he will help us out."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/09/26/manual_122718.html

WhiteJC

Dempsey Confident Of Derby Victory

Fulham forward Clint Dempsey believes his side can gain their first maximum of the campaign against Queens Park Rangers this weekend.

When QPR travel to Craven Cottage this weekend, it will mark the first meeting of the two sides since 2001, when Fulham were promoted to the Premier League.

Fulham are yet to win in the top flight this season, leading them their current position of 17th place - but the American international Dempsey is confident of their first maximum this weekned.

'It would be a good time to put down that first win especially as this is a game that everyone is looking forward too,' he told fulhamfc.com.

'Fans always want to do well in these derby games and with it being the first between the two clubs in a little while there's even more interest as a result.

'To be honest, it doesn't matter who that first win comes against as long as it happens at some point.

'QPR have started the season well and will be looking to come to Craven Cottage in the hope of adding to that. But we're confident that we can get the result that we need.'

In terms of results historically, Rangers have the advantage but have failed to score in the last four meetings between the two sides.

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=257037#ixzz1ZE9Y3tye

WhiteJC

Marsh-Brown returns to Fulham
Teenager failed to settle in Dundee

Fulham have recalled winger Keanu Marsh-Brown from his loan spell at Dundee United, almost four months before it was supposed to end.

The 19-year-old joined the Scottish club in late August on loan for until mid-January 2012 with the option to option to extend it until the end of the 2011-12 campaign.

However, Marsh-Brown has returned to his parent club, with United making the announcement on their official website on Tuesday.

"The club can confirm that Keanu Marsh-Brown has been recalled from his loan deal at the club by Fulham FC," reads the statement.

United manager Peter Houston added in the Dundee Courier: "Keanu is away back to Fulham.

"He could not settle up here away from London, so we've let him go."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7207287,00.html?

WhiteJC

Twente blocked Fulham bid
Premier League were keen to land Brama during transfer window

FC Twente's Wout Brama has revealed the Dutch club blocked an approach for him from Fulham in the last transfer window.

The 25-year-old midfielder was targeted by Martin Jol on the final day of the window but they were given short shrift.

And although he admits his ego was boosted by being linked with the English club, he feels it would have been wrong to leave at that time without allowing Twente to find a replacement.

"In the end I didn't have to make a decision as FC Twente did not want me to leave," he told De Telegraaf.

"I am flattered Fulham were interested as they are a good club.

"However, I would not have liked to have left here on the final day of the window."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11681_7207550,00.html?

WhiteJC

When Football Was Football: In Waterstones

Looks like Waterstones have picked up When Football Was Football: Fulham. Stock levels from the Waterstones website below.

If you haven't got a copy yet, please do have a think about picking one up.  Also available online at the usual places.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/when-football-was-football-in-waterstones/?

WhiteJC

Losing My Religion

I blame a major increase in sunspot activity this year for raising world levels of insanity. And now REM are splitting up.

I mean, you only have to look at current volatility across the global money markets. Not being a day trader myself or someone who makes money his god, I would normally pay scant attention to the daily indices. Currently I'm hooked. Jabbing at the screen, surfing from CNN to the squawk on the street, fretting over the FTSE, hung up with the Hang Seng.

Greece is bust. In six weeks I hear it said the population will be as one with their statues...down to their fig leaves for modesty. Once they go under, beware the chain reaction. Not just those banks left holding junkbonds, promissary notes and worthless collateral, but also the treasuries of Ireland, Portugal, Spain and Italy. All spent out. The Lehman Bros collapse will seem like a lawn sale in comparison.

But hark! Salvation is at hand, from the only nation that can save mankind. The Germans have a plan. Just how do they do it??? Knock 'em down, they bounce straight back. They build the best cars, while das Volk are deemed adult and disciplined enough to race them along the autobahns at any speed they desire. No nanny state this. Despite enjoying longer holidays than anyone else in Europe, where they have every sunbed snapped up by 07.45, will monopolise the tennis court, crowd out the pool, rush the food lines and still be last man standing at the bar, the blighters once back at work are the only Europeans still capable of stuffing wads of cash under the mattress.

Angela Merkel is going to whip the IMF, the World Bank, Sarkozy and the rest into fronting up two trillion dollars to save the Eurozone from imploding. Pity the poor guy in line behind the Greek finance minister when he's called to the counter to bag that up...Yes my friends, we are living through strange times. My new found interest in the stock market arises because I have a 20 year retirement policy maturing this week. Since the insurer sent out the forms in August for transfer the valuation's dropped $10,000. So, I'm hurting.

Let's wallow in some lunacy. That's what I've been doing:
From Sweden: "It was pretty stiff at first, legs folded in and eyes closed, so we thought it was dead. We poked it and it started moving." This headline is not a reference to the current forward line at Fulham, but Sofie Isaksson in Orebro finding a toad in her bag of salad after a week in the fridge.

From Turkey: More than 41,000 women and children fill the stadium to watch Fenerbahce draw 1-1 with Manisapor, Men are banned from Istanbul's top side after crowd trouble.

From Germany: 21-year-old Brazilian, Vinicius Rodrigues Borges, known as Breno, was treated for smoke inhalation after his villa on the outskirts of Munich, caught fire last week. The Bayern Munich player was then arrested over the weekend and held in custody under suspicion of starting the fire himself.

From the UK : Wenger says we are going towards a huge financial crisis and football will be badly hit with attendances dropping, while Ferguson moans TV's power over the game is unhealthy. (A little late guys, we've been saying this for two years).

Finally, Mancini says Carlos Tevez will never play for City again after the player refuses to come off the bench with his side 0-2 down to Bayern.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/09/losing_my_religion.php?

WhiteJC

Fantasy Fulham kits for the 12/13 season

Over on the main message board, http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0 there have been a number of interesting discussions on Fulham's current and past kits, home, away and 3rd.

Opinion is split on wether the home shorts should be black, or white ones are acceptable.

We've also found out that this seasons kit would have been designed last year, presumably design and manufacturing take quite some time to organise, it makes you wonder what happens when the shirt sponsor changes?

With this time-frame in mind, I've put together a number of alternative designs for the 12/13 season. I've assumed that we'll still have Kappa shirts, I believe that the current deal covers the 12/13 season, and that FxPro will still be the sponsor, I believe that the current deal ends at the close of this season so we may well get a new sponsor for next season.

Fantasy Kits

As you can see most of these 'echo' past shirts however I hope they have a modern twist

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=51

WhiteJC

Retiring Hughes to lead Northern Ireland into final two international matches

Northern Ireland are back to full-strength for their Euro 2012 qualifiers against Estonia and Italy, with captain Aaron Hughes set to lead the squad for the final time before retirement.

Hughes announced at the weekend that he would call time on his international career after the last two matches of the current qualifying campaign and, if a recent knee problem allows, will hope to skipper the side for one last time at Windsor Park when Estonia visit on October 7, followed by the trip to Pescara to face Italy four days later.

Bowing out: Aaron Hughes (right) is set to quit international football

NORTHERN IRELAND
Maik Taylor (unattached), Lee Camp (Nottingham Forest), Alan Mannus (St Johnstone)
Jonny Evans (Manchester United), Ryan McGivern (Manchester City), Craig Cathcart (Blackpool), Gareth McAuley (West Brom), Aaron Hughes (Fulham), Lee Hodson (Watford), Chris Baird (Fulham)
Grant McCann (Peterborough), Niall McGinn (Brentford), Jonny Gorman (Wolves), Corry Evans (Hull), Steven Davis (Rangers), Sammy Clingan (Coventry), Paddy McCourt (Celtic), Chris Brunt (West Brom)
Warren Feeney (Plymouth), David Healy (Rangers), Jamie Ward (Derby), Kyle Lafferty (Rangers), Josh McQuoid (Millwall).

His dream of qualifying for a first major tournament is in tatters after the side lost back-to-back matches against Serbia and then Estonia last time out but Northern Ireland will be desperate to avenge their humiliating 4-1 defeat in Tallinn and improve their current position of fifth in Group C.

Manager Nigel Worthington, whose own future is in doubt when his current deal expires at the end of the campaign, has a much-improved squad to choose from this time.

First-choice striker Kyle Lafferty and winger Paddy McCourt, who has not played since scoring two stunning goals against the Faroe Islands, are both in the 23-man squad having been sent home from Belfast last month with calf injuries.

BacK: Rangers' Kyle Lafferty returns to the Northern Ireland squad

Derby forward Jamie Ward was also forced to withdraw with a hamstring strain but is back in action for the Rams and returns to the international fold.

Elsewhere the Evans brothers, Jonny and Corry, are in the squad.

Both players picked up second yellow cards of the campaign against Serbia and missed the visit to Estonia, while Jonny was a doubt after missing Manchester United's game against Stoke at the weekend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2042423/Aaron-Hughes-lead-Northern-Ireland-Estonia-Italy.html#ixzz1ZECGa5NW

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR tickets

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 2nd October
Kick-Off 15:00

Fulham host QPR at the Cottage on Sunday 2nd October in what will be the first competitive match between the two teams since the 2000/01 season.

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders  On Sale (max 4 tickets)
Fulham Club Members On Sale (max 4 tickets)
Previous Purchasers (with booking history) On Sale (max 4 tickets)
General Sale* On Sale (max 4 tickets)
Loyalty points: 1 (more info)

*Tickets only available in the Putney End (neutral seating). Not available online, please call or visit the Ticket Office.

Fulham Members' Club Ticket Offer - £5 off for members

As a special 'thank you' to all of our loyal Fulham Members' Club members the Club is offering a £5 discount on match tickets for Fulham's match versus QPR.

This offer is valid in all areas of the stadium (subject to availability, 1 per member) and expires at 5pm Friday 30th September.

Members can purchase discounted tickets online, in person at the Ticket Office at Craven Cottage or by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1).

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices

Category A prices apply to this match.

NB: Blocks P1 and P2 are Cottage Corner. Blocks A, AL, K and KL are designated Family Areas and are not available to book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/QPRHome.aspx#ixzz1ZEDLu0Xh

WhiteJC

Stoke City: Win tickets for Stoke v Fulham and a copy of FIFA 12

THE Sentinel has teamed up with EA Sports, the official sports technology partner of the Barclays Premier League, to offer readers the chance to win a copy of the fantastic football game FIFA 12, plus two tickets for Stoke's Premier League clash with Fulham on Saturday, October 15 (3pm).

Having already despatched Liverpool and taken points from Chelsea and Manchester United this term, Tony Pulis's men will be keen to claim revenge for last season's 2-0 home defeat by Fulham.

To have a chance of winning a copy of FIFA 12 and a pair of tickets for Stoke's Premier League clash with Fulham, just answer the following question:

Which Chester-born former Crewe midfielder is now the captain of Fulham? Is it ...

a) Eddie Murphy;

b) Danny Murphy;

c) Morphy Richards.

Then email your answer – together with your name, age, address and a daytime phone number – to [email protected]

Alternatively, you can post your entry to Sports Editor, The Sentinel, Sentinel House, Forge Lane, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 5SS. Please state which version of FIFA 12 you will require – i.e. Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC.

The closing date for entries is noon on Thursday, October 13. The winners will be notified by phone on the same day. No cash alternative is available and the editor's decision is final. No transportation to and from the game is provided. The Sentinel reserves the right to withdraw this competition at any time.

EA Sports are the sponsors of the Barclays Premier League Player Performance Index, the official statistical index of all 20 Premier League teams.

The EA Sports Team of the Week is available at www.premier league.com after each round of games. The team is based on ratings from the EA Sports Player Performance Index.

For full competition terms and conditions, please go to www.thisisstaffordshire .co.uk/terms.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/story-13419185-detail/story.html?

WhiteJC

OTP PODCAST: EPISODE 7 – SMOKEY JOL

It may not have been a classic weekend of Premier League action, but the Off The Post Podcast is back to scrape what we can from the bottom of the footballing barrel. Ben is currently serving a one Pod suspension for comments made to a foreign sports magazine about why he'd really like to have a bath with Arsenal No.2 Pat Rice, so it's down to Paddy, Stu and Alex to tickle your eardrums this week.

But what audio delights do we have in store you ask? Well, all the major talking points of course: outrageous acrobatics in the Britannia Stadium away end, Martin Jol's half time relaxation rituals, Diego Maradona kicking off in Dubai, a Brazilian referee trying to con himself, plus much more.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2011/09/otp-podcast-episode-7-smokey-jol/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

WhiteJC

Cottage ace ends Terrors stay

Keanu Marsh-Brown's loan spell at Dundee United has come to an end after being recalled by Fulham.

The winger, 19, has returned to the London club after making just one appearance for the Tannadice side.

A statement on the Tayside club's website confirmed: "The club confirm that Keanu Marsh-Brown has been recalled from his loan deal at the club by Fulham FC."

United manager Peter Houston told the Dundee Courier: "Keanu is away back to Fulham. He could not settle up here away from London, so we've let him go."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/cottage-ace-ends-terrors-stay-1297477.html?

WhiteJC

Cottage ace tipping derby glory

Clint Dempsey is confident that Fulham will end their wait for a Premier League win in this weekend's derby against QPR.

The American international forward feels Martin Jol's Cottagers are due a first three-point haul of the season and feels it will be the ideal time to secure it against their London rivals at Craven Cottage.

And, while Dempsey is expecting a tough encounter against Neil Warnock's impressive-looking squad, he is confident of a victory.

"It would be a good time to put down that first win especially as this is a game that everyone is looking forward too," he told fulhamfc.com.

"Fans always want to do well in these derby games and with it being the first between the two clubs in a little while there's even more interest as a result.

"To be honest, it doesn't matter who that first win comes against as long as it happens at some point.

"QPR have started the season well and will be looking to come to Craven Cottage in the hope of adding to that. But we're confident that we can get the result that we need."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottage-ace-tipping-derby-glory-1297979.html?#.ToLloHPHo98

WhiteJC

STEVE MCCLAREN OFFERS LEE COOK CHANCE TO REBUILD CAREER

NOTTINGHAM FOREST boss Steve McClaren has offered QPR's injury-ravaged midfielder Lee Cook the chance to rebuild his career by taking him on trial at the City Ground.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/213202/-Steve-McClaren-offers-Lee-Cook-chance-to-rebuild-career-/?

WhiteJC

Open Day

Fulham Deaf FC welcomed over 150 people to Fulham Football Club's Motspur Park Training Ground on Sunday 14th August, in order to celebrate the great success the group have had since their creation eight years ago.

The event was a way for new, existing and ex-players to enjoy each other's company, raise the profile of the Deaf Team and welcome those who were looking to join the Club.

The open day started with a young person's coaching session run by some of Fulham FC Foundation's experienced coaches. There was also a chance for players to demonstrate their footballing ability in the FFC Skill Zone, which included a speed cage aimed at honing participants shooting accuracy.

Next it was down to the football pitch to watch the Fulham Deaf Ladies take on the Great Britain Deaf team. It was a close game; with the final score an impressive 6-4 to Great Britain Ladies. Following such an exciting game was going to be difficult but the Fulham Deaf Men's team took on the All Stars (made up of former Fulham Deaf Players) and beat them in another entertaining game that also finished 6-4.

The event was rounded off with a BBQ and an end of season presentation ceremony fronted by special guest and ex-Fulham player, Rufus Brevett.

Nick Beese, the Chairman of Fulham Deaf Football Club (FDFC) said:

"It was a fantastic day for everyone and the turnout totally exceeded our expectations. Supporters of Fulham Deaf Football, of all ages, flocked through the gates to join us in celebrating our eighth anniversary."

"Fortunately the weather was on form and we had two very entertaining matches showcasing the talent we have at the Club. The male All Stars team ensured the current squad worked hard for their victory, and the FDFC Ladies pushed GB Ladies all the way to the final whistle."

Kim Bobik, who had travelled from Portsmouth with her two young sons especially for the event said:

"Our son is a football fanatic and has never seen a Deaf Premiership team play, so it was such a unique experience for him to watch the deaf men and ladies.

"Billy and his brother Tom loved participating in the training sessions and skill challenges and as a family we had a great day.

"Thank you to everyone at Fulham FC for giving my son a brilliant time at your Deaf Open Day."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/FoundationOpenDay.aspx?#ixzz1ZF72YtqB