watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - The Dalglish Myth

Started by White Noise, September 22, 2011, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

33% - Roy Hodgson has won 33% of games with West Brom compared with 34% at Fulham & 35% at both Liverpool & Blackburn.

FatFreddysCat

Woy's departure still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and i think he was hoping for the Engerland job, but took the second choice of the the thieves when the big one wasn't offered. Lost all respect for the man as i think he used us. Here's to us knocking the Boing out of the Baggies, and Woy getting nearer the sack.Hold a grudge , Moi?  :028:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO Kenny is a great manager it is not a myth,   Yes,  he had a big budget, but Liverpool have needed to rebuild for a few years.  
That  will happen when the players get used to each other, they will be no push-over. He had to work with the players he had and it is very early in this, his first full season.  

I would not surprise me if,  Big-Boots Gerrard is sold sooner rather than later.  Kenny is a cute old  fox, and will have noted the large part Gerrard played with his poison and negative effect on Roy's time at the club.  He has not been able to do anything because Gerrard was injured, Kenny will keep him looking good and unload him at the first opportunity.  
Dalglish is still a  good friend of Roy and respects him as a manager and will not have liked what he saw.

Pata

Quote from: White Noise on September 22, 2011, 10:03:13 PM
Hodgson's record as Liverpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9.

Dalglish's record since returning as Liverpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9

Is the League Cup home defeat on penalties to Northamption (D-4) under Hodgson's "D" or "L"? Just wondering, like. Pretty sure the two wins against Rabotnicki are under "W".
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

richie17

Quote from: White Noise on September 23, 2011, 11:50:49 PM
33% - Roy Hodgson has won 33% of games with West Brom compared with 34% at Fulham & 35% at both Liverpool & Blackburn.

Which is the key stat: Roy seems to be able to take any team to a 33% win rate!  Great if you're struggling, not so much if more is expected.

He had a 'mare at Liverpool and I don't know whether he'd have got better. It was one of those situations that needed ending, for all kinds of reasons.  They have the man they want now and I'm sure it'll come good at some point.

As for the passionate fans though, Anfield's quieter than the Madejski in Reading. 

FC Silver Fox

Not exactly on topic but I've read that Roy Hodgson left Liverpool with £7.3 million in his back pocket.  Well played that man. Not many people get out of Liverpool with that much money. If he's only got that money and nothing else (which I doubt) and lives till he's 80, he can spend half a million quid a year.  Yep, he's 64. I think he can quite happily retire and enjoy himself.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 28, 2011, 09:53:33 AM
Not exactly on topic but I've read that Roy Hodgson left Liverpool with £7.3 million in his back pocket.  Well played that man. Not many people get out of Liverpool with that much money. If he's only got that money and nothing else (which I doubt) and lives till he's 80, he can spend half a million quid a year.  Yep, he's 64. I think he can quite happily retire and enjoy himself.

This is what is often forgotten. Yes he 'failed' but he achieved two things:

1) One more shot at the big time
2) A massive payout

Seems like he came away laughing, especially as he landed a £1m a year job at West Brom

HatterDon

I've got an idea, let's declare October as "Obsess about all things Cookie Coleman month" and give Roy a rest.

Just a thought.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ah Jezzzzzzzzzzzz !!!  my comprehension has up'd and off ............................I thought this thread was about Kenny D