NFR...................Grand Design

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, September 28, 2011, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Anybody watching it  ???

A lifeboat launch- slip  in Tenby
Amazing

MOR :

The conversion of Tenby's old lifeboat station into residential accommodation featured on Channel 4's Grand Designs.
The old lifeboat station was home to the brave souls of the RNLI for over 100 years.
When they moved out, two more brave souls, Tim O'Donovan and his wife Philomena, saw an opportunity not only to convert it into a unique, contemporary home, but to rescue this historic building for the nation.
Nothing could have prepared Tim and Philomena for the battles they would have to fight to pull this building into shape.
Perched precariously on a steel pier 40-feet above the sea with no access except across the soft sandy beach, the lifeboat station was and always will be at the mercy of the sea.
Any deliveries have to be timed to beat the rapid incoming tides which often get the better of Tim's floundering machinery.
Then there's the building itself to contend with - a weather-worn, rusting and rotten hulk of a boathouse that was never designed to be lived in.
As Tim waged war on the surly structure, it fell to Philomena to transform the interior from what was once little more than a tin shed into a beautiful modern home with far reaching views of the sea.

cutbushcitylimits

Was a great programme ...dont fancy living there in the bleak winter though!

Burt

Too far away from Craven Cottage for my liking.