Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you rather as our front man?

Bobby Zamorra
15 (42.9%)
Brian Mcbride
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

aFFCn_Fan

Had the thought last night, who is/was the better FFC target man? Not wanting to diss BZ, I know he's taken a while to get to love the supporters, but has grown into the focal point of the team for the past 2 seasons. Obviously McGod was a guts & glory hero when he left. But who, at their peak, would you rather have leading the line?
@hincharoo

Burt

Tough one.

But I voted for McBride.

As well as being a great target man and a regular scorer, he also has certain attributes that BZ needs to develop more including focus and commitment (i.e. he tended not to drift in and out of games), and and some fire in his belly (toughness and resilience).

Jack Fulham

I didn't choose McBride but the fact that he didn't come English football until he was 30 amazes me, and us until 32 and his best football probably came when he was what 35?

McBride was the ultimate professional. However, I do admire Bobby for his professionalism too considering the amount of stick he used to get, probably won't be a striker to score 19 goals in one season at Fulham for a long time. For me though, if we're judging who is a better target man when on form? It's Bobby for me.

elgreenio

Think Zamora on his day can scare the crap out of any defence single-handedly a la Drogba. As much as I admire McBride i'm just not sure he could do that
touch my camera through the fence

finnster01

Quote from: elgreenio on September 29, 2011, 11:53:37 AM
Think Zamora on his day can scare the crap out of any defence single-handedly a la Drogba. As much as I admire McBride i'm just not sure he could do that

Thing is mate, a day does not make a season. In fact, has Bobby ever made a complete season?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

i agree with that, Mac was good but BZ excels as the target man role., work ethic, now that would be Mac every time.

elgreenio

Quote from: finnster01 on September 29, 2011, 11:57:26 AM

Thing is mate, a day does not make a season. In fact, has Bobby ever made a complete season?

well of course, but the question was 'who at their peak, would you rather have leading the line?'.
touch my camera through the fence

finnster01

Quote from: elgreenio on September 29, 2011, 11:59:36 AM

well of course, but the question was 'who at their peak, would you rather have leading the line?'.

Fair enough Mr Elgreenio
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jack Fulham

Hodgson's first full season where he wasn't great. It's a shame he couldn't stay fit during our europa league run.

JBH

McGod for me without question, he always gave 100% and put his body on the line for the whites everytime he pulled on the shirt.

I really can't say that BZ has that same attitude. 065.gif

Lighthouse

McBride was a much better target player IMO. He could control the ball far better and set up others with a clever flick and he was a much better finisher.

BZ is good with his back to goal. He misses chances yet scores the spectacular. But his link up play is limited. BZ can look disinterested. Something McBride never did. BZ is also injury prone with his ankle now. A great shame as if BZ was at the top of his fitness it would coincide with some of the best football of his career.

However I would pick McBride every time over BZ.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 29, 2011, 02:09:32 PM
McBride was a much better target player IMO. He could control the ball far better and set up others with a clever flick and he was a much better finisher.

BZ is good with his back to goal. He misses chances yet scores the spectacular. But his link up play is limited. BZ can look disinterested. Something McBride never did. BZ is also injury prone with his ankle now. A great shame as if BZ was at the top of his fitness it would coincide with some of the best football of his career.

However I would pick McBride every time over BZ.

I would have to respectfully disagree and argue the opposite, I think Zamora is a better all round player and if they were both on top form, he would be my choice to start.

That said, if McBride had played for longer in the UK, I think he could have done a Dempsey and really taken the league on and improved himself

Me-ate-Live, innit??

That's just plain wrong ................................... this is not a fair comparison  so I will not be voting ...sorry "

I have loved  The Dazzler from a young age and was delighted when he came to Fulham and I am glad he stayed.

However, he is a mortal

McBride is  a god

FatFreddysCat

I like McGod much better, but Bobby if fit??? ever again is the better player.

Blingo

Fernhurst