more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (30/09/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 30, 2011, 07:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham to get first win?

Sunday's west London derby between Fulham and QPR at Craven Cottage is a big game for both clubs – especially the Whites, whose inability to hit the back of the net continues to haunt them.

Fulham are even-money with Victor Chandler to get a belated first win of the Premier League season with the R's 16/5 and yet another draw 5/2.

Rangers were frustrated with the performance of referee Michael Oliver last weekend and we all hope that the talk after this weekend's game does not revolve around Andre Mariner, who is charged with keeping a lid on what could be a feisty encounter.

Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey are 6/1 jt favs to score first with Jay Bothroyd and Adel Taarabt at 19/2. The latter is certainly due a goal and is 23/10 to score at any time during the game.

We bet 17/20 that both teams score and the same price that at least one of the sides draws a blank.

You can bet even-money there are over two goals in the game and 3/4 two or less; the 1-1 draw is favourite at 11/2 with a 1-0 win for the hosts at 6/1.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/fulham-to-get-first-win/

WhiteJC

Derby Travel Notice

Supporters heading to Craven Cottage on Sunday for the West London derby between Fulham and QPR should be aware of the following closures and disruptions across the tube and rail network this weekend.

Circle Line: No service this weekend.

District Line: No service between Edgware Road and High Street Kensignton and no service between Putney Bridge and Wimbledon.

The following replacement buse services will be in operate:

Service A: Putney Bridge - East Putney - Southfields - Wimbledon Park - Wimbledon.

Service B: Putney Bridge - Wimbledon, non-stop.

Hammersmith & City Line: No service between Royal Oak and Baker Street.

Jubilee Line: No service between West Hampstead and Stanmore. Replacement buses operate.

Metropolitan Line: No service between Aldgate and Uxbridge. Replacement bus services operate. Chiltern Railways will operate additional trains between Marylebone and Harrow-on-the-Hill.

Northern Line: No service between Camden Town and Kennington via Bank.

Piccadilly Line: No service between South Harrow and Uxbridge.

Victoria Line: (Until 12pm on Sunday) Suspended between Victoria and Brixton due to planned engineering works. Replacement buses operate.

DLR: No service between Bank/Tower Gateway and Poplar/West India Quay. A replacement bus operates.

Overground: No service between Highbury & Islington and New Cross/New Cross Gate. Use local buses. Also, no service between Sydenham and Crystal Palace. Replacement buses operate.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/DerbyTransportNotice.aspx?#ixzz1ZQXFtdj6

WhiteJC

Fulham star backs QPR for Premier League survival

DICKSON Etuhu has backed QPR to beat the drop ahead of Sunday's west London derby at Craven Cottage.

Neil Warnock's men were tipped for relegation before Tony Fernandes's takeover of the club.

However, the hoops go into the game in ninth spot – eight places above the Whites.

And Etuhu reckons Rangers will have no problems surviving.

He said: "They've made some very important, strong signings with Premier League experience. If they keep their key players fit I'm sure they'll be fine."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/09/30/fulham-star-backs-qpr-for-premier-league-survival-82029-29515193/?#ixzz1ZQXTV5eo

WhiteJC

Cover Story

Our partners EA SPORTS have produced a special Fulham cover and we can now reveal the cover stars to be, Brede Hangeland, Damien Duff and Clint Dempsey.

You can download this special FIFA 12 sleeve for the PS3 and XBOX 360 packs today!

Then once you've printed* out your preferred sleeve, simply replace the existing cover in the FIFA 12 pack and start playing as Fulham. Love Football Play Football, FIFA 12.

FFC FIFA 12 Sleeve:

*We recommend that you print your sleeve using standard printer settings.

Your FIFA 12 club sleeve pdf is set to print using CMYK colours at 300 dpi (dots per inch). This is standard high resolution production printing.

We recommend you use printer settings which your printer is capable of managing successfully.

Your FIFA 12 sleeve is printed on 170gsm gloss art paper. We recommend you only use a paper type that your printer is capable of managing successfully.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/EASportsLaunch.aspx?#ixzz1ZQXgvdCk

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Martin Jol believes restrictions on foreign players would benefit clubs & national teams
The Dutch manager feels Uefa rulings will help level the playing field and give youngsters more of a chance to shine, and says he will stick to his guns over playing style

Fulham boss Martin Jol sees a brighter future ahead for European football when Uefa's Financial Fair Play rulings begin to take shape.

The regulations, not yet including the '6+5' rule where teams are obliged to field five homegrown players, are intended to encourage clubs to spend within their means to protect the sustainability and competitiveness of football in Europe.

Jol's Fulham is likely to benefit from increased parity when Uefa's raft of sanctions are enforced in 2014, and the Dutchman is convinced the implementation of the controversial '6+5 rule' would help national teams and clubs alike.

"If you talk about Financial Fair Play, you could go on and on and on," he said. "Everybody takes Barcelona as an example, everybody. But they are €450 million in debt!

"It's not the fairest set-up, but what I would like to see is the 6+5 rule, which will have the same effect. Play six players from abroad, and five English players. Then you will see the English national team benefit.

"Of course you have got exceptions like [Wayne] Rooney and [Jack] Wilshere who started young, but these are big, big players.

"Generally, will you see 19 or 20-year-old players in the England team? No. But if you see the Under-21s now with [Daniel] Sturridge, [Jordan] Henderson, [Phil] Jones - they have all come through the ranks.

"I think the English are probably on the right path, but you will see if you get the 6+5 rule, it could be good and fair."

Jol believes Austrian youngster Kerim Frei, a Fulham midfielder, would benefit from the implementation of the 6+5 rule.

"For example, I have got a player now in my reserves, Kerim Frei. He is 17 and has played eight games for us," he continued.

"Now I feel he would never have played for us if we hadn't given him the chance or if he was not good enough. But it was a necessity to play him because there was no Clint Dempsey and I needed someone to play on the left.

"That's the Dutch way - if your left winger is not there, you play the second one, and if he's not there you play your third. Kerim Frei has played a few games for us and he was one of our best players against Chelsea.

"If you have a 6+5 rule there will be more space for young players and it will start to pay off because it is not all about money."

Though Fulham are only just out of the relegation zone, on four points after six matches, the Dutchman is proud of his side's style and plans to stick to his playing philosophy.

"My ambition is to follow the same Dutch principle," he continued. "If you play your best football, starting from the back, the results will come naturally.

"If you don't, you go back to the defensive, compact way - it's good, because it's the style Fulham used - but to go forward you need to score goals.

"The focus for me is on the performance and style - if you get that right, then you will achieve your objectives.

"On Saturday we could have won easily - we could have beaten Chelsea. Against Man City we came from two down to make it 2-2 and could have nicked it at the end. 

"If you play good football, your opponent will be under pressure, and they will be the ones who have to shift to a 4-5-1, and that was good to see against Man City."

Fulham host Premier League new boys QPR on Sunday at Craven Cottage.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/30/2689027/fulham-boss-martin-jol-believes-restrictions-on-foreign?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Queens Park Rnagers: Latest team news

QPR defender Armand Traore is supended for Sunday's west London derby at Fulham following his red card against Aston Villa last weekend.

Danny Gabbidon looks certain to miss out again with a knee injury picked up in Rangers' Barclays Premier League win over Wolves almost a fortnight ago, while the game comes soon for Jamie Mackie, who this week played in a friendly for the first time since suffering a double leg break in January.

Midfielder Kieron Dyer also remains sidelined with a foot problem.

Provisional squad: Kenny, Derry, Hall, Taarabt, Campbell, Bothroyd, Faurlin, Buzsaky, Orr, Connolly, Barton, Young, Smith, Helguson, Murphy, Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand, Puncheon.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-headlines/fulham_v_queens_park_rnagers_latest_team_news_1_3827510

WhiteJC

Odds on AJ

FULHAM entertain West London rivals Queens Park Rangers on Sunday afternoon at Craven Cottage, high on confidence after their fantastic 2-0 victory in Denmark against Odense BK on Thursday night.

Bet Butler, Fulham's official online and in-stadium betting partner is offering odds of 7/1 for Andrew Johnson to be the first goalscorer on Sunday afternoon.

Martin Jol's team are rated even-money favourites against a team Fulham haven't faced since the 2000/2001 season, when the Cottagers came out as 2-0 victors. A repeat of that winning scoreline is available at 8/1.

If you fancy a different bet, on the number of corners in the match being more than 11, at evens, could be tempting as Fulham have averaged 14 corners in their Barclays Premier League home games this season.

Sign up to Betbutler today and follow Fulham's official online and in-stadium betting partner on twitter @thebetbutler for Fulham giveaways and offers throughout the season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/DerbyOdds.aspx?#ixzz1ZRhk15A9

WhiteJC

Jol Aims to Bring Total Football to Fulham

With a playing career that saw him compete in England, Germany and England, Martin Jol has experienced different leagues and cultures that have helped him mould him into a successful and popular manager.

The 55-year-old first achieved recognition in the Premier League as he helped turn around the fortunes of Tottenham, twice leading the north London side to finish fifth in the league.

After short spells in charge of Hamburg and Ajax, the Dutchman retuned to England to take charge of Fulham were he has endured a difficult start to the season. However, he hopes to turn their fortunes around and below gives his views on all aspects of the English game.

Your experience of different countries has given you a very rounded perspective - could British coaches develop their skills by going overseas?

You might have one or two in Holland or France, but in general foreign countries don't take British coaches because they believe in their own identity.

There are some coaches in Britain now, like Brendan Rodgers at Swansea, who is trying to play in a 4-3-3. That may be because Rodgers was at Chelsea with Jose Mourinho who played a 4-3-3, and perhaps he thought: "Hmm, that's not bad." Mourinho wanted results of course, but he still played in a 4-3-3 with great players, as he did at Porto.

Steve McClaren is a good example of an English coach who went abroad recently and succeeded. He went to Holland, played 4-3-3, adapted well and won the Dutch league. It was a very good learning experience for him. When he was Middlesbrough manager he sometimes played  4-5-1, and he had confirmation when he went to Holland.

You can't always play the formation that you want. I started here at Fulham with Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora, and Moussa Dembele wasn't here, so I couldn't play a 4-3-3. I had to play the first eight weeks in a 4-4-2. Now you can start seeing us play good football. Why? Because I've got Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey. They were not here the first eight weeks.

It's about your players, but it's also about a philosophy. It would be good for British coaches to go abroad.

Fulham's season started in June with Europa League qualifiers - how did you adapt your pre-season preparations?

We approached it as a normal preparation. In terms of training and intensity, I always do either a four-week plan or a six-week plan. But I had so many games in a week - three games in seven days - that I had to change it to a four-week plan with a lot of neutral weeks between.

If you are playing three games, you can't load players before or after a game, especially if you have to play an official game. You can't change your whole team in the second half of an official game, because there are only three subs allowed. So that was a little bit of a problem.

We played almost our best team with 14 or 15 players. Normally you would have more like 20 players, but we couldn't do that because we simply didn't have the players. We offloaded 10 players in the pre-season - players like Greening, Gera, Gudjohnsen, Salcido, Dikgacoi, Stockdale, Pantsil - it was not easy because you need them all and we were left with only 14 or 15 players.

After the 1st of September, I had new players. Patjim Kasami came in, Dempsey played, Moussa came back. We had Bryan Ruiz come in. Then I could change the style and we played better football and created chances.

Now we are playing with a lower '10' instead of a second striker and the difference is showing. The only thing now is we have to score goals. Bobby Zamora was our only goal scorer and he was not available. So against West Brom we played with the young boy Orlando Sa, and that is not easy because he did not play for Porto over the last couple of months.

So it was a difficult start, but I had to lower the average age of the squad because it was the oldest squad in the Premier League. We did it with Gecov, Kasami, Sa and Briggs, who is now a regular in the 18-man squad.

It was an amazing achievement to reach the Europa League final two years ago - what are your ambitions for the club?

My ambition is to follow the same Dutch principle. If you play your best football, starting from the back, the results will come naturally. If you don't, you go back to the defensive, compact way - it's good, because it's the style Fulham used - but to go forward you need to score goals. The focus for me is on the performance and style - if you get that right, then you will achieve your objectives.

On Saturday we could have won easily; we could have beaten Chelsea; against Man City we came from two down to make it 2-2 and could have nicked it at the end.  If you play good football, your opponent will be under pressure, and they will be the ones who have to shift to a 4-5-1, and that was good to see against Man City.

How will the introduction of financial fair play affect Fulham - will it help to create a more level playing field?

If you talk about Financial Fair Play you could go on and on and on. Everybody takes Barcelona as an example, everybody. But they are 450 million euros in debt!

It's not the fairest set-up, but what I would like to see is the 6+5 rule, which will have the same effect. Play six players from abroad, and five English players. Then you will see the English national team benefit.

Of course you have got exceptions like Rooney and Wilshere who started young, but these are big, big players. Generally, will you see 19 or 20-year-old players in the England team? No. But if you see the Under-21s now with Sturridge, Henderson, Jones... they have all come through the ranks. I think the English are probably on the right path, but you will see if you get the 6+5 rule, it could be good and fair.

For example, I have got a player now in my reserves, Kerim Frei. He is 17 and has played eight games for us. Now I feel he would never have played for us if we hadn't given him the chance or if he was not good enough. But it was a necessity to play him because there was no Clint Dempsey and I needed someone to play on the left. That's the Dutch way - if your left winger is not there, you play the second one, and if he's not there you play your third. Kerim Frei has played a few games for us and he was one of our best players against Chelsea. If you have a 6+5 rule there will be more space for young players and it will start to pay off because it is not all about money.

But that is probably too Dutch! It is not reality...

Do you prefer a traditional British manager's role or a Continental-style system with a coach and a sporting director?

It is a long time since they said to the manager: "This is your budget, do what you like."

I think at every club in England the manager is working with a chief executive or a managing director who is taking care of the finances. I don't even think Sir Alex Ferguson is doing the financial side. But that is not the same as having somebody else who is responsible for choosing which players to buy. Sir Alex Ferguson chooses which players to buy, even if other people deal with the financial aspects.

I think it is a good structure to have a sporting director, but only if the manager is ultimately responsible for selecting the players. If the manager tells you not to get a player, don't get him. There are some clubs abroad where the sporting director is getting players in and the manager has to work with them; he is held responsible even though he maybe didn't want the players. That is wrong.

At Fulham I've got Alistair Mackintosh, who will always ask me: "Is he good?" So I've got my scouting system, and there will never be a player coming in without my permission. But the price and the wages of course have to be right, and they are doing the negotiations and I think that is right. So if they are too expensive, they won't come.

It can be a very good combination if you work together well. I worked well with Frank Arnesen at Spurs; we got along well, he never did anything behind my back. If I said: "I like this player," he would never say: "No, he is too expensive." He would find out first, then tell me.  In a bad structure, the sporting director can tell you a player is too expensive or doesn't want to come without checking it out. In that case, you have got a big problem.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/articles/football/jol-aims-to-bring-total-football-to-fulham-11225/?

WhiteJC

TRAORE BANNED FOR QPR
Team news for Sunday's clash between Fulham and QPR.

QPR defender Armand Traore is supended for Sunday's west London derby at Fulham following his red card against Aston Villa last weekend.

Danny Gabbidon looks certain to miss out again with a knee injury picked up in Rangers' Barclays Premier League win over Wolves almost a fortnight ago, while the game comes soon for Jamie Mackie, who this week played in a friendly for the first time since suffering a double leg break in January.

Teams

Fulham (from): Will appear here...

QPR (from): Kenny, Derry, Hall, Taarabt, Campbell, Bothroyd, Faurlin, Buzsaky, Orr, Connolly, Barton, Young, Smith, Helguson, Murphy, Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand, Puncheon.

http://www.football365.com/match/3449500/preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR: Gabbidon looks certain to miss west London derby along with banned Traore

Mixed day: Traore (right) played against Villa before his red card

Provisional squad: Kenny, Derry, Hall, Taarabt, Campbell, Bothroyd, Faurlin, Buzsaky, Orr, Connolly, Barton, Young, Smith, Helguson, Murphy, Wright-Phillips, Ferdinand, Puncheon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2043720/Fulham-v-QPR-Danny-Gabbidon-looks-certain-miss-west-London-derby-banned-Armand-Traore.html#ixzz1ZRiVmSjC

WhiteJC

Europa Kit Logo

Supporters watching Fulham's UEFA Europa League group victory over Odense BK in Denmark on Thursday night may have spotted the new Fulham FC Foundation logo on the Team's kit.

Fulham FC has shown their support for Fulham FC Foundation by branding the charity's logo on their UEFA Europa League competition shirt.

The logo made its debut in the 2–0 victory over Odense BK and will remain on the reverse of the shirt for the duration of Fulham's Europa League campaign.

Fans can now also show their support by purchasing the Foundation logo and adding it to their beloved shirt.

The patch will be available at the Stadium Store ahead of Sunday's local derby against QPR. All proceeds will go directly back to Fulham FC Foundation to support the valuable work they deliver in building better lives through sport.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/September/FoundationOdense.aspx?#ixzz1ZRivGSuN

WhiteJC

SHOULD FULHAM FANS BE WORRIED?

Fulham fans have every right to feel a degree of trepidation when it comes to their start to the new season. Six matches in and they've failed to secure a win and only have four points on the board. That's Fulham's worst start to a Premier League season.

Indeed, only West Brom have scored fewer goals. It strikes me that they've yet to awaken from their summer slumber and will need to up their game as things progess.

It's certainly a far cry away from the good feeling that permeated amongst fans when Martin Jol arrived at the club promising entertaining attacking football. But should Fulham fans be worried about the future of the club?

It strikes me that there's not too much to worry about and there's every reason to remain reasonably upbeat. Fulham aren't getting 'turned over' and their defence has mostly stood-up and been as reliable as ever. Given that the season is young and a couple of wins will see Martin Jol's side shoot up the table, any nerves would have to be considered a little premature. Jol himself recently told the Press:

"On Saturday we could have won easily; we could have beaten Chelsea; against Man City we came from two down to make it 2-2 and could have nicked it at the end.  If you play good football, your opponent will be under pressure, and they will be the ones who have to shift to a 4-5-1, and that was good to see against Man City."

That's another promising aspect to Fulham's start to the season: the team is more than holding its own against the big boys. If they could perform on the same level against 'smaller' teams, there's no doubt that they'd start picking up points and climbing up the table.

There also has to be an increased emphasis on attacking rather than defensive football. Whilst at times Fulham have had the cutting edge of a year-old razor, at times the teams have produced some eye-catching attacking football. Martin Jol has made it clear where Fulham's priorities must lie:

"My ambition is to follow the same Dutch principle. If you play your best football, starting from the back, the results will come naturally. If you don't, you go back to the defensive, compact way – it's good, because it's the style Fulham used – but to go forward you need to score goals. The focus for me is on the performance and style – if you get that right, then you will achieve your objectives."

The trouble it seems, will be adopting a more attacking approach without sacrificing defensive stability. With Jol at the helm of the club, however, I'm sure this wont be a problem.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/09/blogs/should-fulham-fans-be-worried?

WhiteJC

QPR boss: Groundshare with Fulham would be 'common sense'

Warnock believes it is just a matter of time until QPR are forced to leave Loftus Road, and welcomes suggestion of sharing with neighbours.

Hoops boss Neil Warnock believes that a groundshare between neighbours QPR and Fulham would make perfect sense for both clubs.

QPR owner Tony Fernandes has insisted that Loftus Road, with a capacity of only 18,300, could not sustain the future development of the club and is keen to move to another location nearby.

Fernandes has already identified several patches of land in the White City area, including the recently vacated BBC site, and hinted he is open to the idea of QPR and Fulham sharing a stadium.

The two west London neighbours, who meet in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon, are separated by only two and a half miles, and shared Loftus Road between 2002 and 2004 while Craven Cottage underwent redevelopment.

Warnock appeared to welcome a similar scenario in the future, but recognised that such a move would be likely to be met with opposition from fans.

"It just makes so much common sense doesn't it," said Warnock at his press conference ahead of Sunday's clash. "But English football fans, we like our own clubs, irrespective of finance.

"We expect other people to pay for everything, look after the clubs' get the players in, we don't want to share with anybody.

"It's just too common sense to go down well in England, but it does make such a lot of sense. It would be such a shame to see grounds like the Cottage and Loftus Road go under the bulldozers. "Whether they have their own individual stadiums at a future time, it's only a matter of time before both stadiums are bulldozed unfortunately, because no clubs that are playing at that level can sustain that. I think it's something that will be talked about."

http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/qpr_2_5433/qpr_boss_groundshare_with_fulham_would_be_common_sense_1_1076200?

WhiteJC

Fulham    v    QPR

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Sunday, 2 October Kick-off: 1500 BST Coverage: Watch highlights on Match of the Day 2; listen on BBC Radio 5 live, local radio and talkSPORT; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS
Fulham duo Bobby Zamora and Moussa Dembele should be available despite missing Thursday's Europa League game against Odense through illness.

Striker Andrew Johnson will hope to retain his place after scoring twice against the Danish side.

QPR defender Armand Traore serves a one-game ban following his sending off against Aston Villa.

Matt Connolly is likely to deputise for Traore at left-back, while Danny Gabbidon remains sidelined by injury.

MATCH PREVIEW
This weekend's "other" London derby; Craven Cottage is less than three miles away from Loftus Road, closer than the Emirates is to White Hart Lane, but as derbies they're miles apart.

This one doesn't boast the history, tradition, passion... the sheer rivalry of Tottenham against Arsenal. In fact, Fulham and QPR have only met 27 times and not since 2001. Each club considers Chelsea as their main rival, while Chelsea have become less parochial and these days have much bigger foes to fight at home and abroad.

Of course, Fulham have been on their own European adventures again this week, a well deserved 2-0 success against Odense suggesting another long run in the Europa League isn't beyond them. What does seem beyond them at the moment is a Premier League win. It's four draws and two defeats so far, with an inability to put away chances their chief weakness. Surely that's just a temporary problem.

Andrew Johnson took his goals in Denmark brilliantly, while new signings Bryan Ruiz and Orlando Sa will get to grips with the pace of the English game soon enough. Then there's Bobby Zamora and Moussa Dembele, both struck down by illness in the week, both expected to be available for this one.

QPR are unbeaten since Neil Warnock's frantic activity at the end of the transfer window added extra quality to his Championship-winning squad. His mercurial touch might be just the ticket for Messrs Barton and Wright-Phillips as they aim to catch the eye of Fabio Capello. Warnock has certainly brought the best out of Adel Taarabt. His 19 goals last term were a huge factor in promotion and only the woodwork denied him his first in the Premier League a week ago.

QPR were excellent on the road last season and have already won at Everton and Wolves this term, so if there is any Fulham fatigue from Thursday night's endeavours QPR could record their first win at Craven Cottage since 1980, when few of their current team were even born!

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

This is the first top-flight meeting between these clubs.
Fulham have won their last four games against QPR without conceding. Those matches, league meetings in the 1999-00 and 2000-01 seasons, are the only competitive encounters between the sides in the past 28 years.
Rangers' last goal against Fulham came in their 3-1 win at Loftus Road in a Division Two game on 2 May 1983.
Fulham

The Cottagers are the only Premier League side without a win this season. They have yet to take the lead in a league game this term.
They have drawn four of their six top-flight matches so far, including the last three.
Fulham have lost only one of their 12 league games at Craven Cottage in 2011. That was a 5-2 loss to Liverpool in May.
Queens Park Rangers

Rangers have claimed six of their eight points away from home this season.
QPR have not won back-to-back away games in the top flight since April 1995, when they won 1-0 at Coventry and 1-0 at Ipswich.
They have won both games this season in which they opened the scoring.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15051267.stm?

WhiteJC

Front pair set to return

Bobby Zamora and Moussa Dembele are expected to feature in Sunday's derby against QPR after siting out the Odense game due to illness.

The strike pair did not play in the 2-0 win over the Danish side in the Europa League on Thursday but they are expected to be fit to face London rivals Rangers at Craven Cottage on Sunday.

Andrew Johnson will expect to retain his place in the starting XI, however, after he scored both goals in Thursday's win as boss Martin Jol assesses his options for the game.

He has no fresh injury worries ahead of the match but is likely to make at least a few changes with Zdenek Grygera and John Arne Riise both hoping for recalls.

Fulham fans can listen to how they get on against Rangers on Sunday with a fantastic new iTalkFootball radio commentary app for iPhone, featuring studio commentary on ALL Premier League games plus many other matches.

There's also the very latest match reports, news and live scores from all popular global leagues and competitions.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/front-pair-set-to-return-1299800.html?#.ToXTWHPHo98

WhiteJC

QPR boss envious of Fulham

ENVIOUS Neil Warnock reckons Fulham's achievements in Europe have been remarkable.

That's because the nearest QPR's manager has got to the Promised Land abroad was amazingly with Scarborough 25 years ago.

But even then the trip to Spain wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

"There was a bloke who knew a bloke, who could arrange us a game there," said Warnock. "It wasn't Malaga, but it was something like that.

"I think it may have been against a team of waiters. I knew it wasn't serious when one of them took to the pitch wearing glasses like Benny Hill's."
But the team QPR face on Sunday know all about real success abroad, and the manager is certain last night's (Thursday) win at Odense will have boosted Fulham.

"When you remember that fabulous win over Juventus when they got the final," said Warnock, "Fulham were enjoying their best spell for 50 years."

But as much as he praised the neighbours for their European efforts, he was scathing over the reported refusal of Carlos Tevez to come on as sub for Manchester City against Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.

Warnock has previous with Tevez when the player was at West Ham and indirectly relegated Sheffield United – the Hoops manager's club at the time.

He said: "The sooner (he) Tevez leaves the country, the better.

"I can't see the situation (at City) sorted by him staying. Maybe, he's got another move in the background, and he'll be kissing someone else's badge in a few months."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/09/30/qpr-boss-envious-of-fulham-82029-29515985/?#ixzz1ZRkcnKkg

WhiteJC

Johnson - Deal Rejection?

Last night Andrew Johnson showed just what he can do when he`s on top of his game.

Okay the first goal may have had an element of luck about it with the Odense keeper doing his best to dive over and around his low shot, but the second was pure class.

The manner in which he controlled the ball and then curled it past the keeper was sublime.

Therefore, we`d urge those in charge at Craven Cottage to sit down with AJ and hammer out a new deal.

Apparently AJ rejected a two-year deal this summer, for reasons unknown to us, and talking about the subject of keeping AJ, Martin Jol had this to say after the victory in Southern Denmark,

"He is a team player and will give you his all."

"He was good for us today but Fulham has been good to him before my time here. He has had a lot of big injuries and didn`t score a lot of goals last year."

"It`s a good marriage. He has one year left and hopefully we can change that. If not, it is in his hands."

"Before I came to Fulham it was my policy to give players only one year. We have offered him two so there is a lot of confidence in him."

The sooner this is sorted, in our favour, the better.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=257347#ixzz1ZRkvjGYV

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Martin Jol believes restrictions on foreign players would benefit clubs and national teams

Fulham boss Martin Jol sees a brighter future ahead for European football when UEFA's Financial Fair Play rulings begin to take shape.

"If you talk about Financial Fair Play, you could go on and on and on," he said. "Everybody takes Barcelona as an example, everybody. But they are €450 million in debt!

"It's not the fairest set-up, but what I would like to see is the 6+5 rule, which will have the same effect. Play six players from abroad, and five English players. Then you will see the English national team benefit.

The regulations, not yet including the '6+5' rule where teams are obliged to field five homegrown players, are intended to encourage clubs to spend within their means to protect the sustainability and competitiveness of football in Europe.

Jol's Fulham is likely to benefit from increased parity when UEFA's raft of sanctions are enforced in 2014, and the Dutchman is convinced the implementation of the controversial '6+5 rule' would help national teams and clubs alike.

"Of course you have got exceptions like [Wayne] Rooney and [Jack] Wilshere who started young, but these are big, big players," Jol explained.  "Generally, will you see 19 or 20-year-old players in the England team? No. But if you see the Under-21s now with [Daniel] Sturridge, [Jordan] Henderson, [Phil] Jones - they have all come through the ranks.

He added, "I think the English are probably on the right path, but you will see if you get the 6+5 rule, it could be good and fair."

Jol believes Austrian youngster Kerim Frei, a Fulham midfielder, would benefit from the implementation of the 6+5 rule.

"For example, I have got a player now in my reserves, Kerim Frei. He is 17 and has played eight games for us," he continued. "Now I feel he would never have played for us if we hadn't given him the chance or if he was not good enough. But it was a necessity to play him because there was no Clint Dempsey and I needed someone to play on the left.

"That's the Dutch way - if your left winger is not there, you play the second one, and if he's not there you play your third. Kerim Frei has played a few games for us and he was one of our best players against Chelsea.

"If you have a 6+5 rule there will be more space for young players and it will start to pay off because it is not all about money."

Though Fulham are only just out of the relegation zone, on four points after six matches, the Dutchman is proud of his side's style and plans to stick to his playing philosophy.

"My ambition is to follow the same Dutch principle," he continued. "If you play your best football, starting from the back, the results will come naturally.

Fulham host Premier League new boys QPR on Sunday at Craven Cottage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-fulhambossmartinjolbelieves