watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy

Started by JBH, October 03, 2011, 04:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

I have said all season that DM had been pretty poor and did not justify his automatic place in the starting line-up.

After yesterday I believe he played the best he has for a while, if he continues to produce as he did v QPHA then I won't have a problem.

I still feel that it is time to rest him in the Europa League games though.  065.gif

The Bronsons

I think that's a good call, at least until the knock-out stages. Murphy has already said he finds it hard to be motivated for the early stage Europa, but he clearly can still get interested and focused for the Prem. Plus he's basically too old to play 50+ games in a season; and it would open up space for others to try out for his role.

DukeTyrion

Given space, Murphy is often one of the best players on the pitch.

Closed down, he often has problems and fails to shine.

It's hard to know what type of game it will be, but sometimes I think it's worthwhile swapping him out at half time.

Burt

Although I would have a more positive outlook on how Murphy has been playing this season, I agree that yesteday he was on top form, and that to "preserve his longevity" we should have him on the bench for the Europas.