more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (04/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 04, 2011, 08:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fined £500 for missing a penalty! Fulham fury after Jol raps rookie Kasami

Fulham new boy Pajtim Kasami was fined £500 after he missed a penalty in the Carling Cup against Chelsea last month.

The 19-year-old hit the bar in the 47th minute after Alex was sent off for bringing down Karim Frei and Fulham went on to lose after extra-time and penalties.

Senior players are understood to be upset by the decision to punish Kasami for missing a spot-kick, although manager Martin Jol argued it was because Orlando Sa was the designated penalty-taker.

On the spot: Rookie Kasami was fined £500 for his penalty miss at Stamford Bridge

The teenager, who earns around £8,000 a week and only joined Fulham this summer from Palermo, insisted he did not realise Sa was supposed to take the penalties in the absence of club captain Danny Murphy.

A Fulham insider told Sportsmail: 'A few of the lads were upset Kasami got fined after the Chelsea game because it was ridiculous – if he had scored, there would not have been a problem.

'The players have been quite lucky in the last few years because (former managers) Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes didn't really bother with fines.

'But Jol fines players for lots of little things, like being late for team meetings or throwing a strop if they are substituted.

'That's fine, as the payments are minimal and the fines are for bad discipline, but the Kasami thing upset a few of them.'

Have a word: Chris Baird speaks to his young team-mate Kasami after his Carling Cup miss against Chelsea

Jol oversaw his first Premier League win as Fulham boss on Sunday as his side hammered QPR 6-0 at Craven Cottage, but doubts linger over the Dutchman's communication skills.

The manager admitted at the weekend he does not get along with star striker Bobby Zamora, who was angry at being rested for Fulham's 2-0 win over Odense last week.

Jol called the striker a 'sensitive person' and added: 'Hopefully Bobby will start liking me - because I like him after scoring a goal.'

But Sportsmail understands Zamora was particularly upset at being told via text message he was not needed in Denmark and the pair have not spoken since last Tuesday (Sept 27).

Backlash: New Fulham boss Martin Jol has unsettled some players with his management

Zamora, who set up two and scored Fulham's sixth goal on Sunday, has now joined up with the England squad and is not expected to report back for club duties for a further week.

Andrew Johnson, meanwhile, has insisted he wants to stay at Fulham.

The striker, 30, recently turned down a new two-year deal and will be a free agent next summer.

Talking point: Andrew Johnson wants a new contract at Craven Cottage but strike partner bobby Zamora has not spoke to boss Jol for a week

Johnson said: 'I hope something can be sorted out soon with a contract. I have said I want to stay here.

'We have been talking for some time but it is a busy period for clubs, but I hope something can get sorted.

'I don't think it is in question that I want to stay at the club. I have proved that since the start of the season. I am a Fulham player and I want to stay it that way.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2045011/Fulham-fined-Pajtim-Kasami-500-missing-penalty.html#ixzz1ZpOOs9wO

WhiteJC

Hughes Update

Northern Ireland captain Aaron Hughes has been denied a fitting home finale to his international career at Windsor Park on Friday night after being ruled out of action through injury.

Hughes recently announced his decision to retire from the international scene at the end of the current EURO 2012 Qualifiers to concentrate on his club career with Fulham FC.

A groin injury will stop Hughes adding to his 78 caps on Friday night and after more than a decade of outstanding service will sadly not have the chance to play on one final occasion at Windsor Park.

Speaking of his decision to retire from the international fold recently, Hughes said:

"After thinking long and hard, I have decided to retire from international football after the final two Euro 2012 qualifiers, to concentrate on my club career and hopefully prolong it for another few years," said Hughes.

"I have always felt very proud and privileged to play for my country and it has also been a great honour to captain the side.

"It has not been an easy decision, however after speaking with players, managers and my family, I knew it was the right time to call it a day. I also knew in my own head it was the right time.

"I would like to thank everyone for their support over the years - managers, players, fans and my family.

"I have played under some great managers and have enjoyed every minute playing for Northern Ireland and hopefully we can get a good finish to the Euro 2012 campaign."

Northern Ireland currently reside in fifth place in Group C, five points behind second placed Serbia. Following Friday night's match against Estonia at Windsor Park, Nigel Worthington's team will travel to Pescara to face Italy on Tuesday night.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/AaronEuroFinale.aspx?#ixzz1ZpPMQ7a0

WhiteJC

Heartbreak for retiring Hughes as crocked Fulham defender is denied international farewell

Aaron Hughes has been denied an international swansong after a groin injury forced the retiring Northern Ireland captain out of his side's final Euro 2012 qualifiers against Estonia and Italy.

Hughes announced his decision to call time on his international career last month but was hoping to lead his country out for a final time at Windsor Park on Friday before a high-profile final appearance against the Azzurri four days later.

End of the road: Hughes' international career is over

But the 31-year-old was forced off after 20 minutes of Fulham's Barclays Premier League match against Blackburn on September 11 and has not played since. The former Newcastle and Aston Villa centre-half finishes with 79 caps, having made his debut in 1998, scoring his only goal in the 4-0 defeat of the Faroe Islands in August.

Hughes will now hope to extend his top-flight career for as long as possible under Cottagers boss Martin Jol, while Northern Ireland face up to their latest batch of injuries.

Keen to stay: The Fulham defender is holding out for a new contract at Craven Cottage

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans, who has been a regular at left-back under current manager Nigel Worthington, is the obvious replacement for Hughes in the middle but he could also miss the next two matches with an ankle injury.

He played the full 90 minutes for United in their win over Norwich at the weekend, but is rated as doubtful for the final qualifiers of what has turned into a disappointing campaign for Worthington's men.

Blackpool's Craig Cathcart is the next likeliest candidate to partner Gareth McAuley in the centre, creating a possible vacancy at right-back and uncapped Preston full-back Conor McLaughlin has been added to the squad as a result.

Under-pressure boss Worthington, whose contract is up at the end of the current campaign, is also struggling for options in attack, with Millwall's Josh McQuoid (virus) and Derby's Jamie Ward (hamstring) also pulling out of the original 23-man party.

Highly-rated Rams forward Ward made his debut as a late substitute in the win over the Faroes but has now withdrawn from the last two squads through injury.

Worthington must also choose someone to take the armband in Hughes' absence, with the likes of McAuley and Chris Baird among the candidates.

Rangers skipper Steven Davis is likely to be the favourite, though, as he is a good long-term bet for the job and could be handed the role for the Estonia clash in recognition of his 50th cap.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2045062/Aaron-Hughes-denied-Northern-Ireland-swansong.html#ixzz1ZpPelnoA

WhiteJC

Injury denies Aaron Hughes international swansong

Aaron Hughes has been denied an international swansong after a groin injury forced the retiring Northern Ireland captain out of his side's final Euro 2012 qualifiers against Estonia and Italy.

Hughes announced his decision to call time on his international career last month but was hoping to lead his country out for a final time at Windsor Park on Friday before a high-profile final appearance against the Azzurri four days later.

But the 31-year-old was forced off after 20 minutes of Fulham's Barclays Premier League match against Blackburn on September 11 and has not played since.

The former Newcastle and Aston Villa centre-half finishes with 79 caps, having made his debut in 1998, scoring his only goal in the 4-0 defeat of the Faroe Islands in August.

Hughes will now hope to extend his top-flight career for as long as possible under Cottagers boss Martin Jol, while Northern Ireland face up to their latest batch of injuries.

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans, who has been a regular at left-back under current manager Nigel Worthington, is the obvious replacement for Hughes in the middle but he could also miss the next two matches with an ankle injury.

He played the full 90 minutes for United in their win over Norwich at the weekend, but is rated as doubtful for the final qualifiers of what has turned into a disappointing campaign for Worthington's men.

Blackpool's Craig Cathcart is the next likeliest candidate to partner Gareth McAuley in the centre, creating a possible vacancy at right-back and uncapped Preston full-back Conor McLaughlin has been added to the squad as a result.

Under-pressure boss Worthington, whose contract is up at the end of the current campaign, is also struggling for options in attack, with Millwall's Josh McQuoid (virus) and Derby's Jamie Ward (hamstring) also pulling out of the original 23-man party.

Highly-rated Rams forward Ward made his debut as a late substitute in the win over the Faroes but has now withdrawn from the last two squads through injury.

Worthington must also choose someone to take the armband in Hughes' absence, with the likes of McAuley and Chris Baird among the candidates.

Rangers skipper Steven Davis is likely to be the favourite, though, as he is a good long-term bet for the job and could be handed the role for the Estonia clash in recognition of his 50th cap.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/injury-denies-aaron-hughes-international-swansong-2365389.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham players furious after manager fines Pajtim Kasami for missing a penalty

Fulham boss Martin Jol, who has fined one of his players 500 pound for missing a penalty, is now facing a dressing-room backlash.

Several senior stars are furious after Jol rapped rookie Pajtim Kasami.

The Swiss midfielder, 19, was penalised for taking a spot-kick in Fulham's Carling Cup defeat at Chelsea on September 21 because Orlando Sa was the designated taker.

Jol has upset his squad by implementing a tough new disciplinary regime with wide-ranging financial punishments for lateness and backchat, The Sun reports

"Kasami wouldn't have been fined if he'd scored it. Some of the new rules are strange to say the least. He is a young kid. He was only trying to do his best for the team and he's ended up being fined 500 quid for it," A club source said.

Kasami's penalty hit the bar and Chelsea went on to win 4-3 in a shootout after a goalless draw.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_fulham-players-furious-after-manager-fines-pajtim-kasami-for-missing-a-penalty_1594908?

WhiteJC

Andy Johnson makes Fulham vow

ANDY Johnson insists he is ready to commit his future to Fulham.

The former England frontman smashed a hat-trick in Sunday's derby drubbing of west London rivals QPR, but is in the final 12 months of his contract at Craven Cottage.

Johnson is yet to sign the two-year extension on the table, but says he has no intention of quitting SW6.

He said: "I hope something can be sorted out soon with a contract.

"I have said I want to stay here, we have been talking for some time but it is a busy period for clubs - the transfer window only recently closed.

"The club and myself are talking and I hope something can get sorted. I don't think it is in question that I want to stay at the club, I go out on the pitch and I work my heart out.

"I have proved that since the start of the season. I am a Fulham player and I want to stay it that way."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/10/04/andy-johnson-makes-fulham-vow-64767-29534604/?

WhiteJC

QPR stars say sorry after Fulham drubbing

FITZ Hall has apologised to QPR fans for their dismal display in the derby drubbing at Fulham.

Rangers were hammered 6-0 at Craven Cottage by their west London rivals as Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora ran riot against QPR's makeshift backline.

But Hall, who was playing through the pain barrier with a hamstring injury, has held his hands up.

He posted on his Twitter account: "All I can is apologise to every single QPR supporter. Our performance today was unacceptable, I'm sorry."

Midfielder Shaun Derry added: "A terrible performance by us all today. Feel embarrassed and angry. That's just not like us normally. Feel for the fans who witnessed it!"

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/10/02/qpr-stars-say-sorry-after-fulham-drubbing-64767-29526679/?#ixzz1ZpROAoFm

WhiteJC

View from the river: Anger seems to get the best out of Zamora

"Everybody remembers him running round going sssshhh after every goal a few years back and whilst it wasn't to everyone's cup of tea then, if that's what it takes to get Bobby scoring then bring back the angry man"

What a difference a couple of weeks make. Before the City game it felt like we'd never score, whereas now we've got eight in four days!

AJ has five in two and the team head for the international break off the back of one of our best every Premier League victories, in a local derby no less.

Whilst it must be said that QPR were exceptionally poor (especially defensively) it was one of the best team performances we've seen for a long time.

Creative differences (and from Jol's comments after the game something, however slight, must have gone on with Bobby) seemed to inspire both Zamora and AJ as they took QPR to the sword as Anton Ferdinand and 'one size' Fitz Hall wilted against their pace and movement.

As with Bobby's golden season, it seems as though anger gets the best out of him. Everybody remembers him running round going sssshhh after every goal a few years back and whilst it wasn't to everyone's cup of tea then, if that's what it takes to get Bobby scoring then bring back the angry man.

Also, having said a few weeks back that Johnson still has a lot to do to justify his price tag, it's great to see him looking sharp again and that the goals are beginning to come. There's no doubt that he brings something different to our front line and long may his return to fitness and form continue.

In some ways it's a real shame that the international break has come now but I'm sure I speak for every Fulham fan when I say I'm (hopefully) looking forward to seeing Zamora running round in an England shirt again later this week.

One final thought on Sunday: not bad for a team with a European hangover!

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/view_from_the_river_anger_seems_to_get_the_best_out_of_zamora_1_1079216?

WhiteJC

Andy Johnson finally has his big Fulham moment

Andy Johnson's hat-trick and ongoing contract talks got me thinking. Should we renew?  Tough call, but my instinct is that if we do it should be very much on our terms.  He's been a good player to have around, but the time he's spent off the pitch should be a red herring  flag (herring indeed!) given his age (this may be very unfair, but may not be).

Johnson's a strange player in that he seems to like us and we seem to like him (at the ground he's exceedingly popular; on the internet you get more negativity but that's to be expected), but he's never really got any momentum going at the club.  Most obviously, he missed the fun bit of the European run, and when the story of Fulham's great seasons in the 2000s is written his contribution may be surprisingly light. Contrast Johnson with Diomansy Kamara, an inferior player who nevertheless made some telling interventions when we needed them most, or with Zoltan Gera, who flickered in and out of the team but who made himself memorable with some of the most enthralling moments some of us will ever see.  Danny Murphy, who probably arrived at Fulham with more to prove than Johnson, has achieved his place in our affections through both big moments and consistent performances.

AJ's goals have come against Wigan, Newcastle, Spurs, Sheffield Wednesday, Kettering, Portsmouth, West Brom, Bolton, FK Vetra, Amkar Perm, Wigan, Villa, Wolves, NSI Runavik, Crusaders, Split, Twente, Odense and QPR.

Now those goals all needed scoring and we're very pleased he scored them, but until two days ago you couldn't come up with a more humdrum catalogue of triumph if you tried (obviously you could: Eddie Johnson would have been delighted with that hit list, but Eddie Johnson wasn't a highly paid frontline striker). Everyone else had their big moments, their event that would ensure a place in our memories long after they're gone.  Johnson was missing that. He's been a good player for Fulham, but until Sunday there was no defining moment there. It's tempting to think that we've never really seen him at his best, but is that right?  Perhaps this has been him: good, but not quite what we'd hoped for. He must have felt this, and it must have nagged away at him.

So I'm glad QPR happened. It was a huge result, fun notwithstanding, and to grab a hat-trick like that instantly gives him his folk-lore. He's worked hard for Fulham, and while his form may occasionally have disappointed, his effort never has.  He deserved that moment, and whatever happens now, his place in the Fulham story is secure.  Nice, one, AJ, chuffed for you.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/andy-johnson-finally-has-his-big-fulham-moment/?

WhiteJC

International Watch

EURO 2012 Qualification:

The final EURO 2012 Qualification matches take place during the current international break with several members of Fulham's First Team squad involved for their respective countries.

On Monday Fulham striker Bobby Zamora teamed up with Club team-mate and goalkeeper David Stockdale at England's London Colney training base ahead of Friday night's final UEFA Euro 2012 Group G Qualifier in Montenegro (Sky Sports 1 / 7.30pm).

The Three Lions travel to Podgorica knowing that a point against Montenegro will secure a place at next summer's Finals in Poland and Ukraine.

Two further Fulham players who have a chance of playing at next summer's Euro 2012 Finals are Republic of Ireland internationals Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly.

Victories for Ireland over Andorra away on Friday (Sky Sports 2 / 7.30pm) and then at home to Armenia next Tuesday will secure a play-off spot for the 2012 European Championships.

There was unfortunate news for Aaron Hughes on Tuesday morning, who has been ruled out of Northern Ireland's final two Qualification matches due to injury (groin).

In September Hughes confirmed his decision to retire from international action at the end of Northern Ireland's Qualification campaign but the defender will now be denied the chance of a final appearance at Windsor Park on Friday night against Estonia.

However Chris Baird has been included in manager Nigel Worthington's Northern Ireland squad to face Estonia on Friday night (Sky Sports 4 from 7.30pm) and Italy (a) next Tuesday evening.

Fellow Fulham defender and Swiss international Philippe Senderos has two crucial Qualifiers coming up as Switzerland look to pip Montenegro to second place in Group G. Senderos will be hoping England do Switzerland a favour on Friday night by defeating Montenegro. 

Senderos and company will play Wales at the Liberty Stadium on Friday night (Sky Sports 3 / 7.30pm) before returning home to play Montengro on Tuesday night at St. Jakob-Park, Basel.

Mousa Dembele's Belgium team will be competing with Turkey for second place in Group A with two games remaining.

Belgium will play Kazakhstan in Brussels on Friday night before playing Germany in Dusseldorf on Tuesday night whilst Turkey will play Germany and Azerbaijan on home soil in Istanbul. Dembele and company are currently two points behind Turkey.

Norway will be without their skipper, Brede Hangeland (suspended), for their final Euro 2012 Qualification match against Cyprus in Olso next Tuesday.

Norway are currently in third place in Group H, level on points with Denmark in second. John Arne Riise is expected to play for Norway against Cyprus.

U21 Euro 2013 Qualifiers:

At U21 level Matthew Briggs has been selected by England whilst Pajtim Kasami has teamed up with Switzerland for their respective U21 Euro 2013 Qualifiers.

England's Young Lions will play Iceland in Reykjavik on Thursday night (ESPN / 7.30pm) before playing Norway in Drammen. Switzerland will compete against Georgia in Tbilisi on Friday night.

U19 International:

Following his outstanding performance for Fulham against Chelsea in the Carling Cup in September, Kerim Frei will represent Switzerland's U19 team against Finland at home on Sunday and Tuesday. The first match will be played in Renens whilst Tuesday's match will take place in Vevey.

Friendly Matches:

US international star Clint Dempsey returns home this week for two friendly matches against Honduras and Ecuador.

The first friendly against Honduras will be played on Saturday at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, before Dempsey and his US team-mates head up the East Coast for Tuesday's match against Ecuador at the Red Bull Arena in New York.

Philippine international goalkeeper Neil Etheridge will head to Singapore this week for a friendly on Friday before returning to the Philippines for another friendly match against Nepal at the Rizal Memorial Stadium on Tuesday.

Out of Action:

The following Fulham players will not be taking part in international matches for their respective countries during the current international break due to injury:

- Mark Schwarzer (Australia)

- Bryan Ruiz (Costa Rica)

- Aaron Hughes (Northern Ireland)

TV Watch This Week:

Thursday 6th October

Iceland U21 v England U21 / ESPN from 7.45pm (Matthew Briggs)

Friday 7th October

Montenegro v England / Sky Sports 1 from 7.30pm (Bobby Zamora & David Stockdale)

Andorra v Republic of Ireland / Sky Sports 2 from 8.30pm (Damien Duff & Stephen Kelly)

Wales v Switzerland / Sky Sports 3 from 7.30pm (Philippe Senderos)

Northern Ireland v Estonia / Sky Sports 4 from 7.30pm (Chris Baird)

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/InternationalPreview.aspx?#ixzz1ZpSVuIxT

WhiteJC

Baird tells hotshot Sam to be fearless at Fulham

IAN Baird has advised Eastleigh's teenage striker Sam Wilson not to feel daunted when he returns to Premier League outfit Fulham on Thursday.

After impressing on an assessment week with the Craven Cottage club, the former Wildern schoolboy has been invited back for a trial game this Saturday which, by coincidence, is his 17th birthday.

"From what I hear Sam has gone up to Fulham last week and done alright, which I always thought he would," said Baird.

"As far as I know he's going back up there to train this Thursday and Friday and then playing a game on Saturday morning.

"I don't think it will faze him. I told him not to go up there and feel inferior because he's got a lot of very good qualities.

"He's a hard worker and he believes in himself, but he hasn't got an inflated opinion of himself.

"A lot of these kids at professional clubs have been in the system since they were ten and they all get told they're going to be the next Bobby Zamora or whoever.

"But I think Sam will have qualities that they haven't got. Just like Aaron Martin (sold by Eastleigh to Saints) he's got a real desire to be a professional footballer."

Admitting he is "not a great advocate" of the academy system, former Saints and Leeds United striker Baird argued: "It has taken away from the days when all young lads were trying to do was earn a contract to play professional football and make a good living.

"These days pro clubs are having to entice these lads to join them by giving them a hell of a lot of money.

"If you give a lad X-amount of pounds before he's achieved anything, where does the desire come from?

"In some of these academies you've got people earning upwards of £500-£600 a week. It's a real vicious circle."

Wilson was an academy lad himself with Portsmouth before joining the Eastleigh youth set-up last season.

He had a chance to go back to Fratton Park in the summer but felt he had a better chance of progressing with the Spitfires who, in the last four seasons, have helped Martin, Brett Williams, Mark Marshall and Damian Scannell into the pro game.

"Sam's come to us and he reminds me very much of Aaron with his unquenchable desire to succeed," said Baird.

"I've told him to go to Fulham and show his peers no respect whatsoever.

"I said there's massive improvement in you and they can't buy what you've got.

"I wish Sam all the best. It's good for him and good for the club that the module of bringing young players through is working."

West End-based Wilson was due to play for the Spitfires in the FA Youth Cup against Salisbury City last night.

In the FA Cup, Baird's men have landed a home draw against Evo-Stik Premier high riders Oxford City in the third qualifying round on Saturday week (October 15).

"We're at home against a lower league side, but Oxford are going well and we know how difficult it will be," said Baird. "We'll have them watched this Saturday and take it from there."

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/football/9286451.Baird_tells_hotshot_Sam_to_be_fearless_at_Fulham/?ref=rss

WhiteJC

Winning Boost

After Fulham hit Queens Park Rangers for six on Sunday afternoon, defender Brede Hangeland spoke of his satisfaction at having secured Fulham's first Barclays Premier League win of the 2011/12 campaign after a frustrating start to the season.

"There's always a bit of frustration when you play well but don't get the results you deserve," Hangeland explained. "There has been some frustration in us not getting the results we wanted but against QPR everything clicked.

"It was a great win on Sunday after a few disappointments and quite a slow start to the season. It's nice to go into the international break knowing we got a great win and it takes a bit of pressure off.

"You could see what a good team we are and everyone should take a lot of confidence from the performance and the result. We can now start concentrating on preparing for our next game against Stoke City."

Hangeland stressed the importance of striking first in the Barclays Premier League and praised the performance of Andrew Johnson, who bagged a hat-trick on Sunday to take his tally for the season to nine goals in all competitions.

"He's [Johnson] impressed me a lot," said Hangeland. "He scored two goals last Thursday and then scored a hat-trick on Sunday – that says it all really. He's a player I very much like having on my team and I wouldn't like to play against him.

"The big thing for me is to score first in the Premier League and we did that on Sunday. You can then relax a bit and the other team is forced to chase the game so you can sit back and counter attack, especially at home."

Hangeland's prior experience of such an emphatic score-line was during his time in Denmark with FC Copenhagen FC and whilst the Norwegian international expected a tighter contest on Sunday, he was evidently most pleased with putting three points on the board.

"I've certainly not been involved in a result like that in England before," said Hangeland. "I must have been when I was playing in Denmark but I was playing for the best team and we won all our matches.

"We were anticipating a very close game on Sunday because it was a local derby but these things happen in football every now and then. It was a very good result for us.

"I believe that equals the record of goals scored for Fulham in the Premier League but I was happy just to win. Whether it's one-nil or six-nil, what we needed on Sunday was a win and obviously we're delighted to have done it in such good fashion."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/HangelandQPRReaction.aspx?#ixzz1ZpTJzPdg

WhiteJC

Reserves Play Tonight

Fulham Reserves v Norwich City

Tuesday 4th October

Motspur Park Training Ground (KO 7pm)

Fulham's Reserve Team are back in action this evening when they challenge Norwich City at Motspur Park Training Ground. 

Tonight's Barclays Premier Reserve League match will kick-off at 7pm and supporters are welcome to attend.

Billy McKinlay's team narrowly lost out (2-1) to Manchester United in their last League outing but have picked up some impressive wins this season against Everton (0-2) and Bolton (7-0).

A full match report will be published on fulhamfc.com shortly after the final whistle at Motspur Park.

Ticket Prices:

- Adults £3

- Under 16s & Over 65s £1

Free for Season Ticket Holders who produce a valid Season Ticket Card at Reception.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/ReservesvNorwichPreview.aspx?#ixzz1ZpTbcbOT

WhiteJC

Fulham: "When you least expect it, they go and play like gods"

Well, there had been talk of unrest at Fulham, with Martin Jol taking over and ruffling a few feathers – not the kind of talk that normally leads to your team putting in one heck of a show against their London rivals. The Life's a Pitch panel stands back and applauds Fulham's 6-0 demolition job against QPR at the weekend.

"It was a very Fulham-ish performance, as we say down at Craven Cottage," says Dave Kidd of The People. "When you least expect it, with uncertainty surrounding Martin Jol, they suddenly go and win 6-0 against their local rivals and play like gods. I actually think they've got the strongest squad they've ever had."

England boss Fabio Capello may be inclined to agree, having reinstated Fulham's striker Bobby Zamora into his England squad for Friday's match against Montenegro.

"Capello's a big fan of Zamora and you can see why," says Duncan White of the Sunday Telegraph. "He plays that intelligent holding position better than most, and will be looking to get into double figures, goals-wise, this season."

So there's much to be cheerful about at Craven Cottage. Or is there?

"One swallow doesn't make a summer," warns Tom Hopkinson of The People. "There have been murmurs of discontent."

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/two-minute-warning/fulham-when-you-least-expect-it-they-go-and-play-like-gods/?

Fernhurst

Every time Hangeland opens his mouth, I admire him more.

"We're all in this together and everyone involved with the club can feel a bit of extra pressure when things haven't gone as well as we wanted them to," he said.

"That goes for me, the rest of the players and I am sure the manager as well.

"We're very much a united club."

The quote maybe a bit clichéd but he always gives the impression of being really genuine.
May he continue building a long and distinguished career at our club.

Fernhurst

and a another thing..... How good was Phil Milsons blog?... Eloquent, colourful, very readable and rounded off with a terrific reality check.

Thanks for publishing JC