more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (03/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 03, 2011, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham 6 QPR 0

Andrew Johnson's hat-trick helped Fulham secure their first Barclays Premier League win of the season in resounding fashion against west London rivals QPR.

While some feared the Cottagers may struggle with a hangover from their midweek European exertions, they impressed from the offset and dominated throughout against their neighbours from less than three miles up the road.

Johnson handed the home side the lead after just 79 seconds and their strong start continued when Danny Murphy slotted home from the spot midway through the first period.

QPR looked poor in the rivals' first meeting since 2001 and hopes of securing their first win over Fulham since 1983 were all-but curtailed just before the break when Johnson tucked away his second of the afternoon.

The 30-year-old ensured he would leave Craven Cottage with the matchball in the 60th minute when latching onto Murphy's quick free-kick, before Clint Dempsey and Bobby Zamora wrapped up the 6-0 rout.

The London derby started at ferocious pace, with Shaun Wright-Phillips' curled 20-yard effort forcing Mark Schwarzer to save within the opening minute.

Fulham immediately launched an attack at the other end and broke the deadlock.

Moussa Dembele played a neat one-two with Zamora before unleashing a fierce drive that Paddy Kenny could only parry onto Johnson, who finished with ease.

The rapid start to the match continued and the Cottagers came close to doubling their lead immediately afterwards as Fitz Hall almost flicked into his own net from Dempsey's squared ball.

The United States international then saw a goalbound effort blocked by a last-gasp challenge by Bradley Orr and, as the home side's onslaught continued, Johnson came agonisingly close to netting his second of the afternoon after firing a volley inches wide from a Zamora header in the 17th minute.

However, Fulham did not have to wait long to score their second as Kenny upended Johnson in the box and referee Andre Marriner awarded a 20th-minute penalty, which skipper Murphy duly converted.

The Hoops were struggling to cope with the home side's attack-minded philosophy and unable to turn their fleeting attacks into goal-scoring opportunities.

Fulham, meanwhile, showed no signs of a post-Europa League hangover and looked impressive in attack, with Steve Sidwell coming close in the 37th minute.

And just one minute later, Jol's side grabbed a third of the afternoon as Johnson turned home Zamora's cross after keeping a cool a head during a melee in the box.

QPR looked shell-shocked as they trudged off at the break and came out with two new faces as DJ Campbell and Tommy Smith replaced Adel Taarabt and Shaun Derry.

Warnock's attempts to gee up his side looked to be working at the start of the second period, with both Wright-Phillips and Alejandro Faurlin getting away shots.

However, Fulham were soon back in their stride and Kenny was forced to acrobatically save a Zamora effort in the 58th minute.

Sidwell had another attempt from the resulting corner and moments later Johnson ensured he would leave Craven Cottage with the matchball when he latched onto Murphy's quick free-kick.

Fulham did not rest on their laurels, though, and after Zamora fired just wide, the striker laid the ball off to Dempsey to make it 5-0 with an exquisite finish.

QPR's first top-flight match against Fulham got even worse in the 74th minute when Zamora was rewarded for an industrious performance with a deserved goal, slotting home past a hapless Kenny.

The only moment of joy for 3,000-odd visiting fans came just before Zamora's goal as they welcomed back striker Jamie Mackie, who came off the bench for the first time since suffering a double leg break in an FA Cup tie with Blackburn in January.

The former Plymouth striker skewed a shot wide as the game came to a close, while at the other end fellow substitute Bryan Ruiz saw an angle drive fly just wide before Marriner called time.

Teams

Fulham Schwarzer, Grygera, Baird, Hangeland, Riise, Dempsey, Sidwell, Murphy (Etuhu 83), Dembele (Orlando Sa 87), Zamora, Johnson (Ruiz 75).

Subs Not Used: Etheridge, Kelly, Senderos, Duff.

Booked: Sidwell, Hangeland.

Goals: Johnson 2, Murphy 20 pen, Johnson 38, 59, Dempsey 65,

Zamora 74.

QPR Kenny, Orr, Hall, Ferdinand, Young, Derry (Smith 46), Wright-Phillips, Faurlin, Taarabt (Campbell 46), Barton, Bothroyd (Mackie 72).

Subs Not Used: Murphy, Buzsaky, Perone, Helguson.

Booked: Hall, Faurlin, Wright-Phillips.

Att: 23, 766

Ref: Andre Marriner (W Midlands).

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/02/SOCCER_Fulham.html

WhiteJC

Fulham boss challenges AJ after treble

FULHAM boss Martin Jol reckons Andy Johnson can reach the 15-goal mark after his hat-trick in Sunday's derby drubbing of QPR.

The former England frontman plundered his first Premier League goals of the campaign as the Whites ran riot against their west London rivals.

And Jol believes the 30-year-old, who has also smashed six in the Europa League, will have no problems hitting double figures.

He said: "I think he's capable of scoring 12 or 15 goals [in the league].

"When he played for Palace he scored 20 goals and everyone was after him - but 10 of them were penalties because he was always falling over!"

Johnson is in the final 12 months of his contract at Craven Cottage, but has been offered a two-year extension with an option.

And Jol is hopeful the striker will commit his future to the club.

He added: "We were good to him last year and the year before [when he was injured], and hopefully he'll be good to us this season.

"I feel we are a good combination. It's a good contract but it's up to him."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/10/03/fulham-boss-challenges-aj-after-treble-64767-29527244/?

WhiteJC

Win over QPR is important boost for Fulham, says Johnson

Fulham striker Andrew Johnson admits yesterday's 6-0 victory over west London rivals QPR was an important boost for the club.

While some feared the Cottagers may struggle with a hangover from their midweek European exertions, they impressed from the offset and dominated throughout against their neighbours from less than three miles up the road.

Johnson handed the home side the lead after just 79 seconds and then scored either side of half-time on the way to a resounding win.

"I scored a hat-trick in the Championship but that's my first in the Premier League and a great day for me and my family," he said.

"Strikers hitting 25 or 30 goals is getting harder to do and hat-tricks are far and few between. If you get into double figures these days you have done very well. This win meant an awful lot to the fans and the players.

"Everything went in today, everything the boys hit which is unfortunate for QPR but they just caught them out. We have great players in this team and for the last five or six games we've created so many chances, but keepers have been on form or we've just been unlucky in front of goal.

"However, I think the feeling was that it was due and it was coming.

"Steve Sidwell said before the game that he had a good feeling about today and he came straight off and said 'I told you, I told you'.

"Everyone is delighted. It is a great win and it is great for the fans because it is a local derby as well."

QPR manager Neil Warnock was visibly frustrated by his side's performance on the Craven Cottage touchline and believes the result highlights his side's weaknesses.

"I've had a couple of these results before but it's not easy," he said. "This is one of the worst.

"If ever there was a day to catch us it was today and good players take advantage of a situation. The last 48 hours we've had a nightmare really.

"Danny Gabbidon has had recurrence of his injury, we lost Matt Connolly yesterday to an innocuous challenge, then Fitz Hall had an injury before the game today.

"And you've got Armand Traore sat in the stands today [suspension]. We can't cater for that with the squad we've got.

"But I'm learning and at our stage you've got to look after yourselves because things can happen like this and you can lose four players in the space of a few hours.

"It was like a knife slicing through butter today. All credit to Fulham, they took advantage. I felt at half-time we could've had a go if we had got the next goal and got a bit of pride back but then to concede a goal like the fourth is very disappointing. It's Sunday League stuff."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23993692-win-over-qpr-is-important-boost-for-fulham-says-johnson.do?

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 03, 2011, 07:32:05 AM

On Our Backs?

The Sunday People ran an article this morning inferring all is not well in the Fulham camp.

It inferred that Bobby Zamora is heading for the exit after an argument with Martin Jol.

It also takes great care to suggest that Jol and Zamora have clashed previously when both were at White Hart Lane.

Furthermore, it goes on to suggest that the players, at Craven Cottage, are confused by Jol`s operating methods and not sure of what they should do when they start.

After the thrashing of QPR today, I wonder if they`ll anything positive to say about our club!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=257620#ixzz1ZhKKAwCF
How could they have clashed at Spurs Bobby went to West Ham In January 2004 and Jol never went to Spurs until June 2004

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on October 03, 2011, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on October 03, 2011, 07:32:05 AM

On Our Backs?

The Sunday People ran an article this morning inferring all is not well in the Fulham camp.

It inferred that Bobby Zamora is heading for the exit after an argument with Martin Jol.

It also takes great care to suggest that Jol and Zamora have clashed previously when both were at White Hart Lane.

Furthermore, it goes on to suggest that the players, at Craven Cottage, are confused by Jol`s operating methods and not sure of what they should do when they start.

After the thrashing of QPR today, I wonder if they`ll anything positive to say about our club!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=257620#ixzz1ZhKKAwCF
How could they have clashed at Spurs Bobby went to West Ham In January 2004 and Jol never went to Spurs until June 2004

There you go using facts and truths. These things that have no place in journalism today.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WhiteJC

Dempsey: Patience in the final third lead to scoring spree against QPR

American forward feels better passing key to derby triumph

Clint Dempsey believes patience was the key in Fulham's goal glut against QPR on Sunday.

Andy Johnson grabbed a hat trick, while Murphy, Zamora and Dempsey himself found the target, as the Whites picked up their first league win of the campaign.

"It was good getting a goal and an assist. It is good to chip in with more goals," he said.

"We were able to stay compact at the back. We were also doing better than what we have been in the attacking third, we were being patient to pick our passes."

The Whites had struggled to create chances and find the net in previous league matches but were given the ideal start as Johnson netted after just two minutes, before going on to claim a 6-0 win.

"It's the way it goes sometimes. Sometimes you don't understand it, you play well but you don't score," he said.

"Any time you score will give you confidence and getting a goal today settled us. We kept possession which was important because it was hot today."

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/dempsey_patience_in_the_final_third_lead_to_scoring_spree_against_qpr_1_1077610?

WhiteJC

Cahill, Schwarzer ruled out for Socceroos

Socceroos stars Tim Cahill and Mark Schwarzer have been ruled out of Australia's upcoming friendly against Malaysia and World Cup qualifier against Oman.

Everton playmaker Cahill has recently been hampered by ankle and shin complaints, while Schwarzer suffered a back injury in Fulham's 6-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on Monday morning (AEDT).

"Tim played through the pain barrier on Saturday against Liverpool but the scan showed that the best course of action now is rest and rehab," Everton Head of Medicine Danny Donachie told Everton's official club website.

"Tim is disappointed but it is a straight-forward decision because he would not be fit enough to play in the games in Australia."

The injuries mean the Socceroos will be minus Cahill, Schwarzer, Brett Emerton and Harry Kewell for the friendly in Canberra on Friday night and qualifier in Sydney next Tuesday night.

Coach Holger Osieck surprisingly left prized A-League recruits Kewell and Emerton out of the Socceroos squad that was announced last Tuesday.

With Kewell's Melbourne Victory taking on Emerton's Sydney FC in the much-hyped A-League opener this Saturday, Osieck decided on an entirely overseas-based squad of 19 players.

Cahill was included in the original squad despite suffering a shin injury while playing for Everton against Manchester City on September 24.

Adam Federici is the only back-up goalkeeper named in the squad.

Osieck has drafted in Danish-based goalkeeper Nathan Coe to replace Schwarzer.

The Socceroos will have their first light training session on Tuesday afternoon at Leichhardt Oval in Sydney.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/cahill-schwarzer-ruled-out-for-socceroos-20111003-1l5dq.html?

WhiteJC

Jol: Taking the initiative key to Fulham win over QPR

White's boss delighted with his side's goalscoring exploits

Fulham boss Martin Jol believes his side's willoingness to attack the opposition was the reason why they were so successful against QPR at Craven Cottage.

The Whites completed an emphatic 6-0 triumph to register their first win of the season, as Andy Johnson scored a hat trick, with Danny Murphy, Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey also on target.

"We took the initiative. Sometimes you need to let them play to get more space for our four attacking players and we did well in that respect," Jol said.

"We played 4-4-2 today with two wide players who could come in. That caused them a problem with the full-backs overlapping as well, especially John Arne Riise.

"But don't forget that we've done that before.

"It's not the first time - I've been here for four months.

"The only thing we did differently was Moussa Dembele played instead of Damien Duff and he's a very gifted player."

Johnson was however the standout performer. Buoyed by his double in the Europa League against Odense in mid-week, the striker's movement and finishing was different class.

"I'm very happy for him and for us as well," he said.

"He scored the goals in Europe, did it in the Premier League but it doesn't matter who scores the goals, we need the results.

"I felt that maybe today we scored too many but on other days we didn't get the goals we needed.

"I felt like we did the same today as we have done before. We just couldn't put the ball in the net. It's not about blaming the strikers, it's a normal conclusion."

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/jol_taking_the_initiative_key_to_fulham_win_over_qpr_1_1077817?

WhiteJC

Fulham needed boost admits Andrew Johnson

Fulham striker Andrew Johnson admits yesterday's 6-0 victory over west London rivals QPR was an important boost for the club.

Johnson handed the home side the lead after just 79 seconds and then scored either side of half-time on the way to a resounding win.

"I scored a hat-trick in the Championship but that's my first in the Premier League and a great day for me and my family," he said.

"Strikers hitting 25 or 30 goals is getting harder to do and hat-tricks are far and few between.

"If you get into double figures these days you have done very well.

"This win meant an awful lot to the fans and the players.

"Everything went in today, everything the boys hit which is unfortunate for QPR but they just caught them out.

"We have great players in this team and for the last five or six games we've created so many chances, but keepers have been on form or we've just been unlucky in front of goal.

"Steve Sidwell said before the game that he had a good feeling about today and he came straight off and said 'I told you, I told you'.

"Everyone is delighted. It is a great win and it is great for the fans because it is a local derby as well."

QPR manager Neil Warnock was visibly frustrated by his side's performance on the Craven Cottage touchline and believes the result highlights his side's weaknesses.

"I've had a couple of these results before but it's not easy," he said. "This is one of the worst.

"If ever there was a day to catch us it was today and good players take advantage of a situation. The last 48 hours we've had a nightmare really.

"Danny Gabbidon has had recurrence of his injury, we lost Matt Connolly yesterday to an innocuous challenge, then Fitz Hall had an injury before the game today.

"And you've got Armand Traore sat in the stands today [suspension]. We can't cater for that with the squad we've got.

"But I'm learning and at our stage you've got to look after yourselves because things can happen like this and you can lose four players in the space of a few hours.

"It was like a knife slicing through butter today. All credit to Fulham, they took advantage.

"I felt at half-time we could've had a go if we had got the next goal and got a bit of pride back but then to concede a goal like the fourth is very disappointing. It's Sunday League stuff."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-needed-boost-admits-andrew-johnson-2364934.html?

WhiteJC

The Monday Verdict: QPR in need of formation revamp?

Neil Warnock needs to find a way of getting the best out of mis-firing Jay Bothroyd

The manner of QPR's conclusive defeat to Fulham on Sunday afternoon highlighted deficiencies at both ends of the pitch for Neil Warnock's side.

Warnock gave no excuses after the 6-0 drubbing at Craven Cottage, but he did offer mitigating circumstances, at least for a defence which suffered several reshuffles in the build-up to the game.

"We had (Matt) Connolly pick up an injury yesterday in training, we got (Danny) Gabbidon out and then Fitz Hall picked up an injury before the game today as well, hence they sliced though us like a knife through butter, so no excuses really," conceded the Rangers boss.

"We can't afford that many injuries in the situation that we're in and I thought they took advantage of that and scored some really good goals."

Minus Gabbidon, Connolly, and the suspended Armand Traore, Rangers' defence had a makeshift appearance, with Luke Young switched from right to left-back, Bradley Orr playing on the right, and Hall featuring alongside Anton Ferdinand in central defence.

Collectively and individually, Rangers' backline was ponderous and hesitant; from Paddy Kenny's foul on Andy Johnson which led to Danny Murphy scoring Fulham's second from the penalty spot, to some non-existent marking in the box which allowed Johnson and Clint Dempsey score the fourth and fifth.

But individual errors can be ironed out on the training pitch, understandings between new players will improve over time and key players will return from injury. As Warnock pointed out, when QPR have had their first choice defence playing this season they have looked relatively secure.

Their problems at the back are not yet at crisis point. At the other end of the pitch however, the manager has a more pressing concern: the lack of goals coming from forward areas.

While Fulham's Bobby Zamora and, in particular, Johnson, ran Rangers ragged from virtually first minute to last, it was another fruitless afternoon in front of goal for QPR's Jay Bothroyd.

Yet to score for his new club, and playing on his own up front in QPR's 4-2-3-1 formation, Bothroyd was kept firmly in check by Fulham centre-backs Brede Hangeland and Chris Baird.

Sunday's defeat brought the first rumblings of criticism aimed at Bothroyd, who barely had a sniff at goal and whose first touch was too often poor, with possession quickly lost as a result.

But to reserve all criticism for Bothroyd is doing a dis-service to the man who was so prolific for Cardiff City last season. Against Fulham, he received limited support from the supporting trio of Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Adel Taarabt, the latter of whom Warnock withdrew at the break after an uninspiring first half.

Rather, it is QPR's formation which must come under the spotlight; the system which worked so well last season is simply not suited to Bothroyd who, at his many clubs throughout his career, has operated primarily with a strike partner.

At Cardiff in the Championship last season, Bothroyd's pairing with Michael Chopra produced a combined total of 27 league goals – two thirds of which were scored by Bothroyd.

In his three years at Cardiff, Bothroyd almost always played off another attacker, often Chopra and occasionally Ross McCormack. It was a similar story in his time at Wolves, where he operated alongside Andy Keogh, and the same story again at his previous clubs Charlton and Coventry City.

To get the best out of the England man, the answer could be to switch from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2, and pair Bothroyd up, ideally with DJ Campbell, who has expressed his desire to play through the middle rather than on the wing, or with Heidar Helguson or the returning Jamie Mackie.

Both Taarabt and Shaun Wright-Phillips are capable of playing just off the front two, which would leave Warnock able to call on Barton and either Alejandro Faurlin or Shaun Derry to occupy slightly deeper roles in a four-man midfield, thus balancing a greater attacking threat with defensive stability.

Away from home, and certainly at grounds such as Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and the Etihad Stadium, playing one up front can pay dividends when the priority is defensive resilience.

But in games against sides of a similar standard to QPR, as Fulham undoubtedly are, QPR have nothing to lose by letting the shackles off.

Talk will now inevitably turn to the January transfer window, and the possibility of more new signings, but it is important to remember that the Financial Fair Play rules which came into effect this season now make it difficult for clubs to simply splash the cash to solve their various problems. Simply bringing in a host of new faces is not the answer.

There is certainly enough attacking quality at Warnock's disposal, and Blackburn at home in two weeks' time offers him the chance to experiment with his formation ahead of a difficult trio of games against Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City.

Whether Bothroyd can score the goals which could be pivotal in keeping QPR in the Premier League remains to be seen, but playing alongside a second striker would at least give him a fighting chance and provide a more accurate assessment of his ability.

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/championship/qpr_2_5433/the_monday_verdict_qpr_in_need_of_formation_revamp_1_1077770?

WhiteJC

Build On Victory

Following Sunday afternoon's stunning 6-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers, Captain Danny Murphy quickly turned his attention towards his Team's next Barclays Premier League challenge against Stoke City and called for the same level of performance at the Britannia Stadium after the current international break.

"On Sunday it all clicked, but let's not go overboard," said Murphy. "They [QPR] had a bad day at the office and I'm sure they'll admit that but we did play some terrific stuff and it's a good foundation to move forward.

"It's only three points at the end of the day. That's seven games and seven points and really we feel like we should have done better than that. It's pleasing but we've got to be careful because you can get carried away with a 6-0 win.

"We've got Stoke City away next and that's as tough a place to go as anywhere and you can soon come down to earth with a bump if you think you're better than you are. We've got the international break now but we've got to make sure we go there with the same hunger and passion we showed against QPR on Sunday."

Murphy admitted he was surprised by the emphatic final score at the Cottage on Sunday after paying close attention to QPR in recent weeks but highlighted the importance of Andrew Johnson's early goal in setting the tone for the match.

"I didn't expect that [result] because I've watched QPR's recent matches and I thought they were terrific," Murphy explained. "I saw them draw with Aston Villa when they should have won the game and they played some terrific stuff against Newcastle a couple of weeks ago.

"We've been playing well recently and sometimes results can hide the performances. We've drawn too many games but on Sunday it all came together. I think I'm right in saying that's the first time we've scored first in a Premier League game and you could see the confidence in our game after that. Scoring first gives you a platform to play when you're a goal up."

Murphy was full of praise for Fulham's striking duo of Andrew Johnson and Bobby Zamora and clearly believes Fulham have the quality to achieve many more positive results with an attack-minded 4-4-2 formation at the Cottage this season.

"They [Johnson and Zamora] were brilliant and caused them real problems - it was great for AJ. I think they have only played together on one other occasion this season and I think they always play well together. They've been at the Club a long time and they know each other's games.

"Defensively we've conceded a few early on this season and it would have been easy to be cautious as we have been in the past, but on Sunday we decided to have a real go and try and turn them early which we did.

"It's refreshing to see because there's a lot of negativity in teams today. There are a lot of 4-5-1 formations out there. The only problem is if you play with two strikers you need possession to get them going.

"If you're away from home, against the so-called better sides like Arsenal and Chelsea, you might not have as much of the ball and they [the strikers] become a bit redundant.

"We feel at home we have enough of the ball to get through to those two [Johnson and Zamora]. I certainly think at the Cottage if you put them up top and get enough possession they will be a handful for any defence."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/MurphyQPRReaction.aspx?#ixzz1ZjWsZQeP

WhiteJC

Jol waits on key man

Fulham will make a check on Mark Schwarzer's fitness this week after he aggravated his back injury ahead of the win over QPR.

The former Middlesbrough man originally suffered the problem two weeks ago and it's believed the veteran shot-stopper was having problems in the warm-up on Sunday.
Schwarzer played through the pain and kept a clean sheet against Neil Warnock's men, but will receive treatment in the international break and will hope to be fit for the trip to Stoke on October 15.
The 32-year-old has withdrawn from the Australian squad and will miss their friendly with Malaysia on Friday and the World Cup 2014 qualifier against Oman next Tuesday.

Fulham fans can listen to the Cottagers games with the new fantastic iTalkFootball audio commentary app for iPhone featuring studio commentary on ALL Premier League games plus many other matches.
There's also the very latest match reports, news and live scores from all popular global leagues.
Download iTalkFootball from the App Store or check out iTunes.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-waits-on-key-man-1302866.html?

WhiteJC

Brede hails morale boosting win
Hangeland says tension has been lifted at Craven Cottage

Fulham stopper Brede Hangeland feels their emphatic 6-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on Sunday has relieved the pressure on the club.

The Cottagers were in the relegation zone and struggling for form before their resounding win over QPR.

And the Norwegian central defender believes the three points garnered could have a massive impact on their season.

"It was a great, great day at work finally after a few disappointments and quite a slow start to the season," he said.

"We've tried to get goals and then all of a sudden they come at once so it was a good result for us.

"There is a bit of pressure off us and we can prepare well for the next game.

"We're always under pressure but especially when results have not been as good as they should be.

"We're very happy to get that result against QPR. We're all in this together and everyone involved with the club can feel a bit of extra pressure when things haven't gone as well as we wanted them to.

"That goes for me, the rest of the players and I am sure the manager as well. We're very much a united club.

"I think there is always a bit of frustration when we play reasonably well and don't get the results and people wonder why this is happening.

"You can see we are still a good team and can take a lot of confidence form this."

Hangeland added that scoring first in a game has a massive impact on the outcome, adding "The big thing for me is to score first in the Premier League.

"That gives us a little bit of a chance to relax and the other team has to chase it.

"We're quite good when we can sit back and counter-attack it, especially at home.

"To get that first goal finally after six games was a good feeling."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7220326,00.html?

WhiteJC

Hat-trick hero Johnson revels in thrashing of QPR

"Strikers hitting 25 or 30 goals is getting harder to do, and hat-tricks are far and few between.

"If you get into double figures these days you have done very well.

"This win meant an awful lot to the fans and the players.

"Everything went in today, everything the boys hit, which is unfortunate for QPR but they just caught them out.

"We have great players in this team and for the last five or six games we've created so many chances, but keepers have been on form or we've just been unlucky in front of goal.

derby

"If ever there was a day to catch us it was today and good players take advantage of a situation.

"The last 48 hours we've had a nightmare really.

"It was like a knife slicing through butter today. All credit to Fulham, they took advantage."

- Simon Peach

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/hattrick-hero-johnson-revels-in-thrashing-of-qpr-2894255.html?

WhiteJC

Hangeland rubbishes suggestions of division at Fulham

Whites defender says club are united

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland has rubbished suggestions that Martin Jol's position as manger was under pressure, but admitted it was a great relief to register their first league victory.

The Whites were comfortable 6-0 winner over west London rivals QPR at Craven Cottage yesterday a result which lifts them up to 12th place in the Premier League table.

"We're all in this together and everyone involved with the club can feel a bit of extra pressure when things haven't gone as well as we wanted them to," he said.

"That goes for me, the rest of the players and I am sure the manager as well. We're very much a united club.

"I think there is always a bit of frustration when we play reasonably well and don't get the results and people wonder why this is happening.

"You can see we are still a good team and can take a lot of confidence form this."

To win so convincingly will no doubt do wonders for the self-confidence of the Fulham squad and Hangeland was obviously delighted with the victory.

It was a great, great day at work finally after a few disappointments and quite a slow start to the season," he said.

"We've tried to get goals and then all of a sudden they come at once so it was a good result for us.

"There is a bit of pressure off us and we can prepare well for the next game.

"We're always under pressure but especially when results have not been as good as they should be.

"We're very happy to get that result against QPR."

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/hangeland_rubbishes_suggestions_of_division_at_fulham_1_1078300?