watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talk To Me About the Chatroom

Started by White Noise, January 26, 2010, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I am a chatroom virgin but was thinking of popping in tonight for some real time matchtime banter.

1) Is it operational?

2) Do I need to download any piece of software to use it?

3) What is its people capacity tonight?

4) What is the etiquette in the chatroom?

RidgeRider

WN,

It is operational but I have no idea of it's capacity. More than 3 I suspect. Having been a fairly frequent guest in the FUSA chatroom, which looks nearly identical to the FoF one, the banter is pretty free flowing and not sure other than be respectful there is any other etiquette rules you need to know.

Also, I don't recall having to download any software. You should just be able to click on the Chatroom button and get in.

The delay also seems to be fixed, which is good. Way to go JC!

WhiteJC

1) the chatroom is operational - however, so far its only been used with a few users and it was quite slow (delay between posting and 'seeing' what you've typed). I've increased the 'caching' so it should be quicker, I'll have a look as we go this evening and try to tweak it.

2) nothing to download - if you want to open the chat window in a 'pop-up' load it from the shirts page. You can load it from any page on the messageboard (CHAT button at top(ish) of page). This will open another window also so you can type on the MB and chatroom

3) won't know how many will fit in, as far as I know any number can join. There was a 'recommendation' that not more than 50 users at a time should be encouraged, I'm assuming that the more people using it the slower it will be?

4) wipe your feet, no spitting or swearing

WhiteJC

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2010, 12:56:52 PM
WN,

It is operational but I have no idea of it's capacity. More than 3 I suspect. Having been a fairly frequent guest in the FUSA chatroom, which looks nearly identical to the FoF one, the banter is pretty free flowing and not sure other than be respectful there is any other etiquette rules you need to know.

its the same (well newer) software as used by FUSA

White Noise

Good advice gents, thanks.

Think I might give it a mention on TIFF and The Offal at the appointed hour and see if anyone else wants to join in.

Also liking the early warning system on this board. I was going to post this and then saw -

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

as WhiteJC had another post.

Lighthouse

Yes Yes Yes but what ever happened to Fulham Scapegoat. Why has WN shunned him?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 26, 2010, 01:05:09 PM
Yes Yes Yes but what ever happened to Fulham Scapegoat. Why has WN shunned him?

I think Sybil killed him...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

Quote from: White Noise on January 26, 2010, 01:03:19 PM
Good advice gents, thanks.

Think I might give it a mention on TIFF and The Offal at the appointed hour and see if anyone else wants to join in.

Also liking the early warning system on this board. I was going to post this and then saw -

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

as WhiteJC had another post.

please don't mention it on other boards just yet, lets get at least one game out of the way so that any 'issues' can be fixed before we get too big an audience

LBNo11

...sometimes the sofas get full and you have to sit on the floor, and members put their ruddy plates on the coffee tables (provided by the management). One thing for sure, I am not cleaning up the empty beer cans/bottles/ashtrays up after like I used to - if you do not clean up after yourselves the chat-room will pong next time you open it.

WN there will of course be the ritual humiliation of the 'newbie' you have to wear a dark side shirt (inside out) and scream 'kiss the badge' 'kiss the badge' whilst pointing to the sky, as all the chatroom members wearing chopper harris rubber masks (don't ask) use you as target practise with the knotted and wet towels. You then tear the shirt off shouting 'begone foul shirt' get shown the yellow card and you will be one of us..!!!

PS: WhiteJC there is no light or pulsing button to show the chat-room is in use!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

Mum's the word then JC. Just let me know when you want me round up the waifs, strays and lunatics!! ;)

Sounds like a John Terry wet dream LB! Can't I just be hung from the ceiling and beaten with stciks and electrocuted??

I like the sound of the flashing light to say there's a lurker or two if you want to join them.

I am sorry to have inform the board that TheFulhamScapegoat has just gone down for a 10 stretch in Pentonville for a blag in the Walham Green area.

Now the ruthless, coldblooded criminal has gone you are, I am afraid, left with the hard drinking, hellraising, womaniser. Swings and roundabouts folks!

RidgeRider

Also, in Chrome, I had to close a Chrome Window to shut down the chatroom, the red button on the top right that is supposed to log you out didn't work.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Hazey

Dammit the chat room is blocked at work.  Stupid NHS wanting me to help save lives!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club