more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we all support the same club?

Started by Peabody, October 07, 2011, 07:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Quote from: Snibbo on October 08, 2011, 03:12:28 AM
Yes, he is a particuarly self-opinionated, immature and intolerant person.

TIFF was very cliquey, but I think most of the core clique left to try to set up another board, which failed.  Thankfully they didn't come back.

TIFF is ok if you just scroll past and ignore the WUMS, BNP etc.

But don't get too self satisfied. I'm not sure this board is entirely free of cliqueishness and intolerants.  :dft012:

Settle down Snibbo.  There are no cliques on this Board that ordinary people can't join. I'll allow you to call me John, and the moderators Jack, Tony, Ed, John, Dean and Lorcus have no problem with first names either. You just have to watch out for the goat that's part of the induction ceremony – and oh, biting off a chicken's head is sometimes a bit unpalatable but it's worth it to be accepted into the clan.  :dft012:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Snibbo

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 08, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

TIFF was very cliquey, but I think most of the core clique left to try to set up another board, which failed.  Thankfully they didn't come back.

But don't get too self satisfied. I'm not sure this board is entirely free of cliqueishness and intolerants.  :dft012:

Settle down Snibbo.  There are no cliques on this Board that ordinary people can't join. I'll allow you to call me John, and the moderators Jack, Tony, Ed, John, Dean and Lorcus have no problem with first names either. You just have to watch out for the goat that's part of the induction ceremony – and oh, biting off a chicken's head is sometimes a bit unpalatable but it's worth it to be accepted into the clan.  :dft012:
Well I'm glad to hear at least I don't have to strip off, put on a leather apron, and learn some funny handshake. Things are looking up.  :dft012:

Burt

Each to their own...

I for one am happy to have found a home here at FOF.

My clique (me, myself and I) all agree on that point.

Berserker

The bloke at the end of my garden has just got chickens, i'd have a practice of head biting but i think he'd probably be upset and especially as don't i don't think he's manage to get them 'laying' yet. I'll have to stay cliqueless for the time being!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Meerkat

Quote from: White Noise on October 07, 2011, 08:33:00 PM
Peabody - every second post on that board is, sadly, a wind-up. Same with Cottage Corner. As Jack says above, everyone is different and gets different things from supporting the club. Best to let them get on with it and not worry about it. You will never get on with all of them.

Matt is a supporter is his 20's but has been home and away for most of his life. He is, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying, somone who would rather Fulham did not let in any tourists, women, people over 50, children, people who don't sing, people who like the clappers etc. He is not alone is disliking such things. His way of coping with being surrounded by a lot of people he would rather weren't there is to wind them up, take the mickey and poke fun occasionally.

Some Fulham fans see FoF as a board full of miserable old blokes, nimby's, luddites, misogynists, clique lovers, toffs, geeks, puritans, splitters, and ivory tower inhabiting thermos flask carriers who spend too much time obsessing about other boards while endlessly praising their own to the sky.

Each to their own. 076.gif

But we are happy in our own little ways.  If Matt had his way there wouldn't be anybody at the ground except people of the same ilk as himself 092.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: Meerkat on October 08, 2011, 11:50:58 AM
Quote from: White Noise on October 07, 2011, 08:33:00 PM
Peabody - every second post on that board is, sadly, a wind-up. Same with Cottage Corner. As Jack says above, everyone is different and gets different things from supporting the club. Best to let them get on with it and not worry about it. You will never get on with all of them.

Matt is a supporter is his 20's but has been home and away for most of his life. He is, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying, somone who would rather Fulham did not let in any tourists, women, people over 50, children, people who don't sing, people who like the clappers etc. He is not alone is disliking such things. His way of coping with being surrounded by a lot of people he would rather weren't there is to wind them up, take the mickey and poke fun occasionally.

Some Fulham fans see FoF as a board full of miserable old blokes, nimby's, luddites, misogynists, clique lovers, toffs, geeks, puritans, splitters, and ivory tower inhabiting thermos flask carriers who spend too much time obsessing about other boards while endlessly praising their own to the sky.

Each to their own. 076.gif

But we are happy in our own little ways.  If Matt had his way there wouldn't be anybody at the ground except people of the same ilk as himself 092.gif

Then it would be Stamford Bridge!

SG

Quote from: Peabody on October 07, 2011, 08:45:35 PM
Some Fulham fans see FoF as a board full of miserable old blokes

I think I fall into that catorgery WN .

I know i fall into that category Peabody !

Bertie Wooster

Quote from: Burt on October 08, 2011, 08:50:46 AM
I for one am happy to have found a home here at FOF.

Same for me.
Beautiful forum that oozes that class and that familiar atmosphere that people use to associate to Fulham FC.

Mitch

Without even reading this thread, the fact it's been made is bloody tragic. Who cares. Get on with your life - flipping heck.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Mitch on October 08, 2011, 02:27:52 PM
Without even reading this thread, the fact it's been made is bloody tragic. Who cares. Get on with your life - flipping heck.

why answer?

Mitch

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 08, 2011, 02:44:38 PM
Quote from: Mitch on October 08, 2011, 02:27:52 PM

why answer?
Frustration mainly. I find threads like this embarassing. It's like teenage girls arguing.

os5889

Ive just stumbled on this thread and decided to share my 5p worth.

Anyone who calls them self a legend is a w@nker!

thats brash, true, unjustified and definitely not coffee shop talk!

leonffc

Haha Matt is a top lad. When I used to go more often I'd always see him about. He is indeed a legend. A great sense of humour and he only offends if you want him to ie. Look through his rant and smile. Otherwise you'll die an early stress related death. Chill out!!

Jimbobob

Quote from: Snibbo on October 08, 2011, 08:29:21 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 08, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Well I'm glad to hear at least I don't have to strip off, put on a leather apron, and learn some funny handshake. Things are looking up.  :dft012:

WHAT!!! Well why the hell did I have to do all that and much worse.  :dft002: :dft002: :dft002:
Damn it!!! Damn it!!! :001: :001: :001:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MrFantastic

some people on here might like other things some like coffee but we all support Fulham and i don't see whats wrong with that if some people are geeks or something else nobody said no coffee drinking geeks allowed on here i seen
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

FatFreddysCat

They're just jealous that this Legend dosen't post on there,oops just remembered Owens post about calling ones self a legend :035:

HatterDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 08, 2011, 05:54:08 PM
They're just jealous that this Legend dosen't post on there,oops just remembered Owens post about calling ones self a legend :035:

yeah, Freddy, but you ARE a legend.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on October 08, 2011, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 08, 2011, 05:54:08 PM

yeah, Freddy, but you ARE a legend.
Ah shucks  :009:

Peabody

Where do you want the statue sited Fred?

VB

Think we should stick the Fredster's statue next to Jackson's one...
so if Jacko's statue starts staring at any Fulham kid's, Fred can kick the crap out of him :014:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same