watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fc email regarding ground redevelopment

Started by os5889, October 08, 2011, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam87

Any chance of someone brining up the accoustics of the ground, no idea how they would do it, would involve some serious revamp, but then that might spoil the views etc, but the loss of atmosphere is really an issue at out ground.

PutneyWhite

Quote from: Adam87 on October 08, 2011, 01:21:12 PM
Any chance of someone brining up the accoustics of the ground, no idea how they would do it, would involve some serious revamp, but then that might spoil the views etc, but the loss of atmosphere is really an issue at out ground.

I mentioned about the acoustics of the Cottage simply by saying that it may be worthwhile exploring the idea of filling in the corners on both sides of the Riverside stand. If they could do that, a lot less noise would escape out into the river and they might even be able to sneak another thousand or so seats in.

SG

Congestion around the current entrances and exits would be eased so much if direct entry and exit to the stadium could be arranged directly via Bishops Park. Maybe this development will help. Do you think that the sound of pneumatic drills etc will disturb us old codgers in the Riverside.

epsomraver

Quote from: SG on October 08, 2011, 01:47:39 PM
Congestion around the current entrances and exits would be eased so much if direct entry and exit to the stadium could be arranged directly via Bishops Park. Maybe this development will help. Do you think that the sound of pneumatic drills etc will disturb us old codgers in the Riverside.
We really will upset our neighbors if we start building or encroaching on the park

Bertie Wooster

As far as I'm concerned I don't think that a lovely but small club like Fulham, being surrounded by other Premier League clubs like Chelsea and QPR, could attract more than 25000 fans. Ans I also am convinced that for  a stadium like Craven Cottage an attendance of 25.000 is perfect and there would be no need to increase that.
But the good new that I find in this project of development is that Fulham won't move to Stamford Bridge.

Mitch

Quote from: epsomraver on October 08, 2011, 01:59:34 PM
Quote from: SG on October 08, 2011, 01:47:39 PM
We really will upset our neighbors if we start building or encroaching on the park
I hate that debate. If you don't like living near a football club, don't buy a house near one of England's oldest.

LBNo11

...good to see that the club reads our message board now and again, this post from last year brings up many of the issues discussed here.

Putney White, welcome to FOF, your idea about the corners is a long standing cause for debate - also in the attached thread is an explanation why we would not be allowed to fill in the corners:-

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=959.0
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Alan_C

It is great news and there is no reason why much of the above can't be incorporated. The suggestion of new riverside walks suggests that public access will be possible behind the Riverside Stand making access from along the towpath from Putney or Hammersmith feasible.

If the club could be part of a solution to local transport on match days that would be a big vote in our favour. The fact it hasn't been done already suggest there is not much that can be done but they way FPR clogs up is a potential argument for those who want to against an increase in capacity. Park and ride included within Season Tickets from various terminals might be part of a solution.

I see the point with regard to the question on acoustics but there was no problem with acoustics in the second half against Man City or indeed Juve and Hamburg. It is probably a little more down to us

The only thing needed now would be an idiots area for those who can't even get the name of the players right when slagging them off, bloke near me insists on calling Ruiz Cruiz.

White Noise

I've never quite understood the argument that Fulham has a natural support level of X or Y. I think, given we stay in the top flight and perform reasonably well there is no reason why we can't keep adding s thousand new ST holders every 2 seasons on average. Someone in a department at the the club must have a very nice looking graph on their wall showing the attendance average since MAF took over and I don't see any reason why the overall trend should nor continue.

Meerkat

Quote from: epsomraver on October 08, 2011, 11:51:55 AM
Quote from: Meerkat on October 08, 2011, 11:45:03 AM
Whilst on the subject of parking does anybody know about disabled parking and where you can actually park is it quite close to the ground for example.

There is a disabled parking area near the cottage  in Stevenage road for seriously disabled people in wheel chairs, blue badge holders from the borough can go beyond the barriers and park in the streets , other blue badge holders can park outside the barriers but inside the match day restricted areas

Thanks for your help,

luckykat

Quote from: PutneyWhite on October 08, 2011, 01:33:18 PM
I mentioned about the acoustics of the Cottage simply by saying that it may be worthwhile exploring the idea of filling in the corners on both sides of the Riverside stand. If they could do that, a lot less noise would escape out into the river and they might even be able to sneak another thousand or so seats in.
Apparently filling in the corners would have an adverse effect on the wind on the river and the rowers objected!  :035:

DevonFFC

Quote from: White Noise on October 08, 2011, 03:34:45 PM
I've never quite understood the argument that Fulham has a natural support level of X or Y. I think, given we stay in the top flight and perform reasonably well there is no reason why we can't keep adding s thousand new ST holders every 2 seasons on average. Someone in a department at the the club must have a very nice looking graph on their wall showing the attendance average since MAF took over and I don't see any reason why the overall trend should nor continue.

Very true and with the ever growing reputation that fulham has and the increase in success, coupled with the new influx of younger fans there is no reason why we cant attract more fans especially of the younger nature who when growing up it was chelsea who were the bigger club however times change, and they achieve as much as we do which is playing in europe, winning no silverwear and playing week in week out in the prem!!

White Noise

This is superb news on several levels -

1) It further demonstrates MAF's ongoing commitment to the club. If he were looking to sell he would not be shelling out on stadium improvements that won't be reflected in a sale price.

2) Its talks about improvements around the ground which suggest a much more extensive level of improvement and expenditure than envisaged by the plans of a few years ago.

3) Its a bold move in these straightened times and sends a very positive message to fans, players and staff.

4) It shows the club believe that Fulham have definitely stepped up a level as a club and warrant this scale of investment.

5) It will allow the forward momentum of the last few years to continue on lots of levels and give everyone lots to look forward to.

What has impressed me about this thread is how modest the wish list of the fans is. Nothing greedy, unrealistic or out of keeping. Has the club ever known this level of supporter contentment?

Scrumpy

Quote from: White Noise on October 08, 2011, 07:17:23 PM
This is superb news on several levels -

It is brilliant news. I am sure that over the last few years Mo and the Board have slowly come to the conclusion that CC is a massive selling point for this Club. For a while, when we were sharing Loftus Road, it could so easily have gone either way. Thankfully, a combination of events ensured that we stayed at CC, but many of us doubted that this was Mo's initial intention.

This morning's announcement finally puts in writing the Club's official stance that we aim to be at CC for generations to come. Considering the location, and the size of our Club, this is something we could only have dreamt about in the 80s and 90s. Thank you Mo, for seeing sense, and thank you Alistair Mac, for helping to drive this forward. 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

zzamora

LBNo11

Quote from: zzamora on October 08, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
The friends of fulham blog has got in on the act! Here's it's summing up:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=76

...well done zzamora, we'll make a miserable coffee drinking clicque loving old git out of you yet.. 064.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VB

Now, if we can sort those stupid white shorts out, I will be a happy man....
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

zzamora

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 08, 2011, 09:51:12 PM

...well done zzamora, we'll make a miserable coffee drinking clicque loving old git out of you yet.. 064.gif

life just isnt worth it anymore  085.gif

:54:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Just read the blog,good points well made,well done young un :clap_hands:

Burt