watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham V Stoke Match Thread 15/10/11 Team in

Started by os5889, October 15, 2011, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

When u have 8 of the starting 11 having been Here pretty much here the last four years and have always been crap away, I see no harm in starting as many of the new players and younger one as we can. What harm could it do.

Admin

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 15, 2011, 04:53:57 PM
FT

Well thank f*** for that - we don't have to play Stoke bloody City away until next season.

Still, we have to play an away game, on average, every other week which is something I never look forward to. Why, oh, why, oh, why as we so crap on the road. It's honestly becoming a joke now an ruins 2 weekends out of a month constantly  :014:  

Aldo

Quote from: cebu on October 15, 2011, 04:54:27 PM
We need to find our way back to the attitude we showed away under Sparky!

We were no better at this stage last season under Hughes! This was always going to be a difficult one. we will come good yet!

Admin

Quote from: cebu on October 15, 2011, 04:54:27 PM
We need to find our way back to the attitude we showed away under Sparky!

We need sparky back

FFCcravencottage

FT

Well thank f*** for that - we don't have to play Stoke bloody City away until next season.
Don't tempt fate we may end up meeting in the Europa league :019:

The Bronsons

We were all at sea against Delap's missiles and relied on long balls to AJ. What were Jol's instructions before the game? The better side won. Unbelievable but true.   063.gif

MJG

Come on admit it, once u saw our lineup u knew we were on to a loser.
away from home in the lge at places like stoke its a mental thing for a LOT of these players.beat before we ko'd.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Admin on October 15, 2011, 04:57:53 PM
FT

Still, we have to play an away game, on average, every other week which is something I never look forward to. Why, oh, why, oh, why as we so crap on the road. It's honestly becoming a joke now an ruins 2 weekends out of a month constantly  :014:  

It's ludicrous isn't it - it's not as if we can't play well away. When we've had to, we've switched on. Man City 2-3. Pompey 0-1. Basel 2-3.

But in the league it's consistently shite: 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 2-1, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0...  (causing a mood somewhere between  :55: and  :014: or  :012: depending on how poor the oponent are).

ImperialWhite

Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2011, 05:04:51 PM
away from home in the lge at places like stoke its a mental thing for a LOT of these players.beat before we ko'd.

Really? Looked like a strong enough lineup to me.

Mr Fulham

Why are we always giving away silly free-kicks? They were all over us due to some very poor fouls by us in key areas. Murphy was invisible, Sidwell was determined but too toothless, Dempsey, Dembele and Duff didn't provide width, Zamora and especially AJ weren't involved because we kept playing "the Stoke way". We had a good spell after ~55-60 minutes, were we tried to play our game, a passing style. We started to create some half-chances, but a few minutes later Stoke came back and we started "hoofball" again. We were clueless, hopeless and we wouldn't have scored a goal there, not in a million years. Where was our midfield?

On his day, Murphy is still a good player at home matches. He's got time because we normally play our game there and dominate the scene. But it's not enough at away games, when we're on the back foot. He's struggling to make any impact when the match get's physical. Etuhu is a little primadonna and has the same problems. This is why I still think another midfielder (or Wout Brama, for that matter) would've been a decent addition. We also need a real wide player, a winger, like Max Gradel. The alternative would be to blood in Kerim Frei. But we should start to do that.

I think Jol has made some smart moves on the transfer market, but there are some key areas in the squad that are still not right. Bayern had an "aggressive leader" not too long ago, Mark van Bommel. He was everywhere, complaining, tackling, running, shouting, pushing - I always said that Craig Bellamy is exactly the player we need. He's doing just that and at every single away game we're that tiny little Fulham that's an ok, soft football team from London that plays some nice stuff at times but doesn't do too much harm. We need some bite. Now.

MJG

Someone said earlier it was almost the oldest team we could field, once Duff was on it was. Honestly we need to change tack away, these players as much as we like a lot of them just don't have the fight away from home.
Next away team...MS, Kelly, Grygera,Senderos, Briggs;frei,Gecov,Kasami,kacaniklic;Sa, ruiz.

Signed...pissed off with the senior players.

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 15, 2011, 05:06:22 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

Really? Looked like a strong enough lineup to me.
on paper, but as we know this bunch of players away from home is 70% of the time pretty poor.

Mr Fulham

It seems to be a psychological thing more than anything else.

tommy

I agree we where awful today but it was at Stoke and who plays well at Stoke? Its the narrowist pitch in the league for a reason. It only suites one team in the league. They haven't lost there in 20 games, because of there anti-football tactics, which works best against teams like Fulham that like to play football. This game isnt going to make any difference to our season because none of the teams that we will be challanging for a top 10 place will win there, I guarentee it. At the end of the day, it was always going to be a poor performance and we'll win other away games this season.

finnster01

Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2011, 05:12:16 PM
Someone said earlier it was almost the oldest team we could field, once Duff was on it was. Honestly we need to change tack away, these players as much as we like a lot of them just don't have the fight away from home.
Next away team...MS, Kelly, Grygera,Senderos, Briggs;frei,Gecov,Kasami,kacaniklic;Sa, ruiz.

Benching our best player Hangeland is an absolute stroke of genius. Are you Martin Jol in disguise by any chance? Because nothing surprises me anymore.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MJG

Quote from: finnster01 on October 15, 2011, 05:26:51 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2011, 05:12:16 PM

Benching our best player Hangeland is an absolute stroke of genius. Are you Martin Jol in disguise by any chance? Because nothing surprises me anymore.
wait there I thought Dempsey was our best player, oh no wait Zamora, silly me its Murphy. What I'm saying is that are all good players, but these are the same players who almost every other week fail to put in a performance. I'm not really saying drop them all, but as I said 8/9 of that team has been doing almost exactly the same for the last four years.
Jol wants to change things but it seems neither the senior players(the same ones who started today) or even some fans want him to stick to his guns and play another way.

Berserker

I'm so depressed now, it's been a sxxt weekend. The inlaws and friends are staying with no transport, the car we were supposed to ferry them around in conked out so we had to hire a car for the weekend, my little Peurgot broke down late last night after £700 worth of work 2 days ago in the middle of no where, it is now back at the garage awaiting further repair work. Therefore i have just been to Sainsbury's on my enduro motorbike and had to buy so much food and get it in my rucksack it totally ruined the handling of my bike and i nearly had an incident with a police card, and the only thing that could have made it all ok, we didn't lose at Stoke didn't happen.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MrFantastic

We lost to stoke only thing that made this loss better was that my fellow Bosnian on goal got a clean sheet Begovic. But I would rather seen Fulham win. I am afraid that we might end fighting to stay up this season. Europe league could also put a lot of pressure on the team. I think it is time to make decision get relegated from Europe league or from EPL. Let's say it now Fulham has no chance of winning Europe league with players we have because we have nobody on bench that could replace some tired or injured players. So get out of Europe league and focus on staying in EPL because that is where this season is going and without those six goals in one game Fulham would have  4 goals in seven games and that is not good enough to be in at least to half of the table there.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

MJG

Wait have we not got the best squad in years man for man. That was one discussion on here within the last few weeks.
You can swap and change players between the two competitions, otherwise what's the point...playing for a glorious 8-17th place each year.

MrFantastic

I never posed on that discussion because we don't have good squad and I had nothing to write. I am a Fulham supporter but I am being realistic. It is better to play for 8-17 place than to play for first place in championship. This season Fulham should make sure to stay up there is no glory this season. We can't even draw stoke and we want to play well in Europa league and where are goals going to come from we don't play qpr every day. I don't want to go to the last day of the season looking if Fulham are going to stay up
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.