watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we need Courtois on loan?

Started by zzamora, October 19, 2011, 07:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Thibaut Courtois has revealed that Chelsea have told him he could spend at least three years out on loan before returning to challenge for the No.1 jersey at Stamford Bridge.

The 19-year-old Belgium goalkeeper is enjoying his first few weeks with Atletico Madrid and thinks that he may spend at least two seasons in Spain before joining another English team.

Chelsea signed Courtois from Racing Genk in the summer but immediately loaned him to Atleti on a one-year deal that the custodian already believes will be extended.

"Chelsea told me that I would spend two years in a team like Atletico," he told radio station Onda Cero.

"At the moment is only one yaer, but if they want me for a second Chelsea are fine with that. It is possible."

English option

Courtois also revealed that he could spend time on loan at another Premier League club, naming Fulham and Tottenham as possible options.

"After that I would then spend one more season with an English club, like Fulham or Tottenham, to allow me to adapt to the English league.

"Then in the fourth season everything would be normal at Chelsea."

Courtois may return sooner than that if the Chelsea coaching staff's fears over current Blues keeper Petr Cech's long-term fitness come true.

"He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world," the young stopper continued. "But he has problems with his knees and with his back.

"The Chelsea goalkeeping coach (Christophe Lollichon) said to me that he does not know how long he can contninue to play at the highest level."

No fears

Atletico were keen to sign Courtois in the summer after selling David De Gea to Manchester United, with Los Colchoneros keen to buy him from Racing Genk before he moved to the Blues.

"Before Chelsea bought me Atletico wanted me too," he explained. "I like it here a lot.

"I know that David De Gea is a very good goalkeeper and it is difficult to start off here because the pressure from the fans as they are used to having a great keeper.

"But I did not have any fears. I just play my game. Now I am here I just want to help the team finish in the top four."

Burt

sipwell

Holy blimeyoly! YES please. Courtois is an outstanding, nay brilliant, goalkeeper. He is called (in the Low Countries) the new Van Der Sar. I like him, I love him and I have always found it a pity he signed for the wrong club. That must have been the only error of judgement he made in his young career. And I might upset some on this board but he is twice as good as Stockdale. At least.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

leonffc

He might not be welcome back at Chelsea in 5 years, let a lone 3 if he keeps revealing things like "Cech is nearly finished as his knees and back are gone. The coach knows he is on his last legs"
 I'm sure Petr can't wait to pass some advice onto him too.

Mr Fulham

No, we've got Stockers. :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: